Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential for Snow Showers this Week, 8-12th Dec

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Still lashing rain here in the north east, to any potential snowflake thinking of falling later on, i say, dont waste your time, you will drown in the tears

Fixed that for ya :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

HighLine wrote: »

You will need to wipe your deck chair before you go sun-bathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

probably looking at a snowline of about 1500ft still in S Dublin, it should halve soon though
    Can't think where you'd be in S Dublin at that height but at a guess,it's rural not sub urban and near enough to the straight line from three rock over to Kippure westwards? Or near but above the blue light
    If so I'll eat my hat if it's not snowing there overnight if the precipitation stays

Near enough to three rock Clouseau ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

Any chance of snow ? 57 meters above sea level , limerick southwest , all I here is rain !

• Advertisement

Met Eireann yet again changed the forecast:

Heavy rain clearing southwards with some sleet or wet snow likely on higher ground for a time.
    Frosty, icy conditions following as skies clear from the north with lowest temperatures of +1 and -3 degrees C. Scattered wintry showers ( mix of hail, sleet and snow) will affect parts of the west and north affect parts of the west and north by morning.

They removed the words northwest

Any chance of snow ? 57 meters above sea level , limerick southwest , all I here is rain !

I hear you. Not so pretty here in clare either.

There is a Rain Shower in finner at 23:00 according to Met Eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Netweather are telling porkypies.
    Its showing a lovely pink blob where I am and all I have is rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

Smidge wrote: »
    Netweather are telling porkypies.
    Its showing a lovely pink blob where I am and all I have is rain :(

Where might this place be? I'm guessing west of Mullingar or north west of Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I drove from Dublin to Donegal tonight and there was a pretty impressive snow shower on the A5 between Ballygawley and Omagh. It was settling nicely there too but it is relatively high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Dosen't mean anything of course but a snowflake symbol has just popped up on my Davis console.

Carnacalla wrote: »

They removed the words northwest

Would say that area is included by them using 'north & west'.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think most of us in Leinster at least can forget about getting anything from this tonight, still 5C and looks like it's starting to die out from the north.

From Sunday into most of next week is looking very mild, still early days yet tho. Hopefully we will get something decent after Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Macy0161 wrote: »
    If I were at home, I've a maplin's station! I'm only a little above the village, and quote often below the snow line in these situations though. Earlier in the week, we had none at around 230m asl, but I'd guess 240m asl had a dusting!
    As of 10 minutes ago, it was showing a temp of 4.3, dew point 2.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Started snowing 5 minutes ago. Proper big flakes, snow settling on grass and cars. Needs to keep going to get a dusting but looking at the radar I reckon it will be short lived. Donegal. Either way I reckon it will be white come morning

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

I take it there's no snow forecast for South Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Would expect a gradual transition to sleet then wet snow in some central counties overnight, urban heating and elevation issues will probably limit accumulating snow in all larger cities but would expect to find a coating of wet snow by morning in some other parts of central Leinster, north Munster and much of inland Connacht. Then that will disappear rather quickly mid-morning, temps will rise to about 5 or 6 mid-day, and another round of possible snow showers will then develop tomorrow night and Saturday morning as the coldest air aloft arrives.

All told, not a big snow event but one or two places could see 3-5 cm. I imagine that most will be asleep before this changes over to snow but we'll keep a record of observations for you to see in the morning if stations start to report snow around 0300 or 0400.

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Would say that area is included by them using 'north & west'.

Not my point. The update could signify that they expect more than the Northwest to get snow.

Would expect a gradual transition to sleet then wet snow in some central counties overnight, urban heating and elevation issues will probably limit accumulating snow in all larger cities but would expect to find a coating of wet snow by morning in some other parts of central Leinster, north Munster and much of inland Connacht. Then that will disappear rather quickly mid-morning, temps will rise to about 5 or 6 mid-day, and another round of possible snow showers will then develop tomorrow night and Saturday morning as the coldest air aloft arrives.

All told, not a big snow event but one or two places could see 3-5 cm. I imagine that most will be asleep before this changes over to snow but we'll keep a record of observations for you to see in the morning if stations start to report snow around 0300 or 0400.
    North munster? Yes please ;)
    Im off to sleep, I will see what is around in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Snow showers for the NW tomorrow morning too

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Few clips stitched together from yesterday at Mullaghderg Donegal

Heavy sleet in Clare upon wakening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Nothing but ice here in Galway this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Nothing in Naas not even frost. I got up early in case of snow and ice but nothing. 1.5c and partially cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

We have had a little dusting of snow and some graupel, just enough to whiten the ground. Temp -1.0C. Dp -2.9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Nope. Nothing.
    South dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No snow at me, but hills are white, just heard thunder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just walked out into a light snow shower. We're juat Outside Whitechurch in cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

looks like there has been snow showers in a lot of places overnight , according to netweather

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement