Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Marussia apparently expect to be out of administration by Friday the 19th of February and back in F1 for Melbourne. There's talk that McLaren/Honda are interested in backing them as a 'B Team'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Marussia apparently expect to be out of administration by Friday the 19th of February and back in F1 for Melbourne. There's talk that McLaren/Honda are interested in backing them as a 'B Team'.

Could be an opportunity to get Magnussen back into a race seat as well.

Also any word on whats happening with Caterham?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    ^Dream on boys. Lewis will win his third title this year.

I would have to agree with you. Cant see him being beaten this year.

Could be an opportunity to get Magnussen back into a race seat as well.

Also any word on whats happening with Caterham?

Autosport have an update now that Manor want to run last year's car with last year's Ferrari engine. There's an F1 Group meeting tomorrow to discuss the plan.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117584

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

aphex™ wrote: »
    Hamilton's broken up with Sherzi again.

Hamilton apparently got dumped because he wouldn't pop the question! :eek:

• Advertisement

Hamilton apparently got dumped because he wouldn't pop the question! :eek:

Seeing as it took him until the final race to win the title last season, I can't blame Nicole for not waiting around with dithering like that on display.

Raikkonen still lapping fastest, but what a change from last year this statement is
    Raikkonen heads back out to exploit some more of the Ferrari's positive turn-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It would be great if they can keep this up for the season, it would be great to see Ferrari's be competitive again. Especially with the driver line up they have this year, Alonso and Vettel being able to compete with Hamilton and Rosberg would make it a cracking season, especially if williams can stay in the mix too.

14:31 It's a 1m20.841s for Raikkonen on the soft-compound Pirellis. That's the fastest time of the week - pipping Vettel's best earlier in the week of 1m20.9s.

It's very hard to tell right now, but that says to me that the car this year doesn't favor either driver but is more drive-able all-round. Looks like we won't see either of Ferrari's drivers struggle too much with the car, which should translate to both drivers continuously scoring high points in the championship...

/edit: BBC footage of the McLaren on track... starting to sound a bit better.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=628751380563359

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

ScumLord wrote: »
    It would be great if they can keep this up for the season, it would be great to see Ferrari's be competitive again. Especially with the driver line up they have this year, Alonso and Vettel being able to compete with Hamilton and Rosberg would make it a cracking season, especially if williams can stay in the mix too.

Do you mean kimi and vettel? Can't see McLaren competing with Mercedes for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

As good as the Ferrari might look, apparently Mercedes are still running high fuel loads, and they've also been very reliable. They really had a 1 second head start on pretty much everyone for this year, and it looks like they've kept it that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Lotus sure looks good in the sunshine:

259397.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

I quite like vettels Ferrari helmet this year, nice simple design. Says he doesn't intend on changing it to often.
    B8xK_9yCYAAqIdm.jpg
    B8vuAGZCcAAxm1P.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Linky to autosport http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/814

Redbull testing without the front wing!!

Rather strange, also does anyone else think the redbull paint job is specifically designed to help hide minor aero body parts

My thoughts on the Red Bull too that that paint job is there to hide details.

Must say the Sauber and the Red Bull are the two cars that have surprised me this year by there paint jobs and doing something a bit different. I think that blue on the Sauber is growing on me. Was not sure about it at first but if the two drivers do wear yellow helmets then it might just work. Not sure which car I like the best yet would love to see a pic of them all together. The Ferrari and the Torra Rossa do look really good do and the Mclaren too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

They can dress up a car which ever way they like - it's still a dog of an power unit!

34272-5.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

LOL

Although to be fair it's had a better start than last year's car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Hmmm dog of a car or dog of a power unit and poor reliability from the said unit....

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

It's good to see that Ferrari improved, but in fact it would be very hard not to do so, since 2014 car was horrible.

Can you imagine how Alonso would feel if Ferrari win some races this year? McLaren probably will have a tough year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

HighLine wrote: »
    Hmmm dog of a car or dog of a power unit and poor reliability from the said unit....

True, fixed my own post!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

lolie wrote: »
    I quite like vettels Ferrari helmet this year, nice simple design. Says he doesn't intend on changing it to often

I seen that there & got a weird feeling that we might just be seeing a lot of that car/helmet over the season. I do hope Ferrari have made strides, but part of me would be sick at the same time because it's typical that that'd happen just as Alonso leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

lolie wrote: »
    I quite like vettels Ferrari helmet this year, nice simple design. Says he doesn't intend on changing it to often.
    B8xK_9yCYAAqIdm.jpg
    B8vuAGZCcAAxm1P.jpg

Looks like the design was stolen from another racing legend of German extraction:

lovebug1.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Laps run at Jerez this year versus last year:

2014 - 1,470 total laps (6,509 kilometres) completed in four days
    2015 - 2,294 total laps (10,156 kilometres) completed in four days
    That's a 56 percent increase

(http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2015/2/16808.html)

Getting comfortable with these engines it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Marussia/Manor's comeback looking less likely this evening. Strategy group seemingly after deciding they can't use the 2014 car, needed unanimous and Force India voted against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

needed unanimous and Force India voted against.

lol, oh Vijay :o

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Force India with so many problems, probably afraid that would be behind Marussia through the year hahaha

That's a shame, would be nice to have them this season.

I probably should have added to that post that it hasn't been picked up by many places yet so take it with a grain of salt.

It's being reported in a few places now. Pretty poor of Force India to vote against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's especially prickish of Force India considering how Vijay was up in arms about teams going out of business after Marussia and Caterham pulled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Marussia/Manor's comeback looking less likely this evening. Strategy group seemingly after deciding they can't use the 2014 car, needed unanimous and Force India voted against.

Can't find any link to confirm that it was Force India that voted against - if true it is understandable,voting Yes would mean less for Force India who,if rumours are to be believed, are struggling financially.

If you are going to blame somebody the finger should point at CVC and Mr.E

Even if Marussia had got the ok to use the 2014 car it would have struggled to be on the grid in 37 days, for starters they have no engines,only 2 tubs,no equipment to build an additional tub and no staff or premises.

Advertisement