Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Must be great to have it done!! WOW three hours is long though, did you get your scan first or towards the end?

Was that your 12 week booking appointment thing?

Ladies can I ask have any of you told work yet? I am 10 weeks tomorrow and due to work at an event on Thursday evening and betting my last euro I will be in bits thanks to my nausea going haywire in the evening. I am thinking I should give my manager a heads up. Plus it would mean by 12 week appoint which is 2 weeks from tomorrow, I would be given the time off for it. But is it too soon? Should I hold off?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Scan was right at the end, literally 30 seconds, there it is, goodbye. Yeah that was my 12 week appt (actually 13+3 today but whatever, they seemed CRAZY busy).

I told work at 12 weeks exactly but 10 weeks is not too early I would think particularly if you've had your scan. I think you're right though to only tell your manager for now and tell the office more widely when you're first trimester is over.

I cant wait to have that appointment over and done with. I was told to come in with a full bladder but the thought of sitting around for 3 hrs needing to pee (!) eh no thanks!

Did you have an early scan as well? If so did you notice much of a difference between the two?

Thanks for the advice on that. I definitely wont be telling the rest of work until after the 12 week mark. Probably closer to 13 as I want to tell some family and friends face to face first and I will do that the weekend after our 12 week scan so everyone in work until the following week. You might be right though in telling my manager might be a good idea.

They should take your pee sample right away so you won't have to sit on a full bladder too long! I didn't bother drinking loads but then peeing a lot is not a problem for me at this stage... (tmi sorry).

Had a NF scan but there was only 10 days in the difference so didn't notice much, I'd say at my big scan I will really see the difference.

Oh I hear ya on the peeing dont worry. Up in the middle of the night and everything! If this is now I dread to think what it will be like in the last trimester!! :eek:

Our early scan was at 8 weeks and our booking scan is 12 so I am hoping to see a bit more :) going to book in for the NF scan at our booking scan as well, they wont let me do it before they confirm my dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I have a private scan tomorrow so going to ask about the NF scan. I have my dating scan in the coombe next week(nice lady moved it forward for me)
    Can't wait now hope I notice the difference compared to the 8 week one.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Must be great to have it done!! WOW three hours is long though, did you get your scan first or towards the end?

Was that your 12 week booking appointment thing?

Ladies can I ask have any of you told work yet? I am 10 weeks tomorrow and due to work at an event on Thursday evening and betting my last euro I will be in bits thanks to my nausea going haywire in the evening. I am thinking I should give my manager a heads up. Plus it would mean by 12 week appoint which is 2 weeks from tomorrow, I would be given the time off for it. But is it too soon? Should I hold off?

I told my boss almost immediately after finding out, which was around the 4-5 week mark. I went through an ectopic last year so I wanted her to know in case things were going to get nasty again...or in case i were late to work or would need to call in sick due to morning sickness etc... plus, i trust her with keeping a secret... I guess it all depends on your circumstances!

Dobbit wrote: »
    Just back from my first visit to Holles Street and the maternity conveyor belt of fun. 3 hours all in all, not too bad I guess. Didn't even see the consultant or doctor or whatever he is. Did get a quick scan though and was able to see baby wriggling around. I'm super low risk so it's combined care for me. I don't qualify for the domino scheme because I'm a bleedin northsider, wha.

Great to hear all is good for now! 3 hours seems to be a standard nowadays and it might be getting worse - judging by my friends and workplace, there's a baby boom on the way! :-)

pity you don't qualify for domino ( I unfortunately don't either ) - I heard lots of good things about it! But the important bit is - you're low risk! :-)

What's the next step then, an appointment with the GP?

I have a private scan tomorrow so going to ask about the NF scan. I have my dating scan in the coombe next week(nice lady moved it forward for me)
    Can't wait now hope I notice the difference compared to the 8 week one.

I had an early private scan and the company offered the NF scan but to do it with them would have cost 250 compared to the 100 it will cost with the Coombe.

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    I had an early private scan and the company offered the NF scan but to do it with them would have cost 250 compared to the 100 it will cost with the Coombe.

Yikes that's steep. I'll see what my doctor says tomorrow

• Advertisement

emka1984 wrote: »
    Great to hear all is good for now! 3 hours seems to be a standard nowadays and it might be getting worse - judging by my friends and workplace, there's a baby boom on the way! :-)

pity you don't qualify for domino ( I unfortunately don't either ) - I heard lots of good things about it! But the important bit is - you're low risk! :-)

What's the next step then, an appointment with the GP?

It was absolutely heaving in there! The midwife commented to me that a lot of the ladies in this morning were first timers like myself.

Next step is the big scan at 21 weeks, then GP visit at 24 weeks (well I might be cheeky and do it at 23 weeks because I'm going on holiday the next week :p), then back to Holles Street at 28 weeks.

Nice to be away from the place for another 2 months now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hi all,

I'm just back from my scan. Everything is looking fine, so far so good. She said I have quite a large placenta that could have caused some bleeding but large placentas are not a problem. The nuchal test measurements also look good, although I'll have to wait until the results of the blood test for them to give me the final risk factor. She dated me at 13 weeks exactly.

I'm living in Belgium at the moment so I thought it would be interesting to explain how it's done here. The test I just did was very easy to set up after my gynaecologist gave me the name of the consultant. There was no issues about dates or waiting lists and no waiting around when I was in there either. It cost €120 and the blood tests will probably cost around €40 more. I will be able to claim quite a bit of this back from my health insurer. The next scan has already been set for the end of March when I'll be at around 21 weeks.

The healthcare system is quite different here and I do pay way, way more income tax than in Ireland. But I guess you start getting some of it back at these sort of times :)

Had a scan yesterday I would've been 11+4. It was great but I forgot to have a drink before so the baby wouldn't wake up for love nor money. It actually looks like a baby now compared to the early pregnancy scan :-)

Delighted your scans went well irishgirl and macha! Lovely to hear that all is going well :)

Ladies. Just a tip for the first appointment (esp if you are a first timer), if you want to do combined care talk to your GP first and make sure they are in the scheme. If you don't, don't put your GP details on the form.

Holles Street assumed I did because like an idiot, if it says fill out a form I fill it out, and today when I called my GP to check if she was in the scheme she wasn't. I called Holles street just now to switch back and after transferring me to every billy and jack in the place who told me to find a new GP (I don't want a new GP, thanks) they finally scheduled my next appointment.

The bloody hassle. They should really say this on the form for dumb newbies like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi girls,

Delighted all the scans are going well.

I had an appointment with the nurse today as she told me to come back at 14 weeks (i'll be 14 weeks tomorrow).

I got to hear the heartbeat again today which was a nice surprise. I was actually a bit worried this morning as I had a splitting headache last night and went to bed. When in bed I could feel some tugging in my belly.

Of course this morning I was thinking the worst so I am delighted the heart was beating good and strong!

It'll be another 3 weeks now till my scan at the hospital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

So happy to hear all the scans are going well. So excited mine is coming up next week! Oh to be a first timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Hi ladies had a crazy few days, began an evening course two nights a week, not ideal when dealing with the exhaustion and nausea!
    Had our scan on Tuesday have another very active little baby, we saw loads and babies profile is very similar to my sons in his early scan too!!
    We are going to madrid next weekend, then plan to tell everyone when we come home, will be just over 13 weeks!!! Can't wait!:):)

Anyone thought of any names yet???

Great to hear about all the scans and other happy thoughts! Mine is in a week - roll on Thursday! Can't wait to finally be able to share the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 channelcarrie

Exciting times with all the scans- great news! Have our scan on Monday so can't wait :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hello all and congratulations ! I have decided to say hello and join in ! I am due on the 7th of Aug with baby no 3 ! Scan is not for another 2 weeks so really cannot wait so i can tell everyone cos i am huge already ! Having movements since 9 weeks with a very strong heartbeat ! Nausea is still there but not as bad i can drink tea on this baby ! Happy happy mammy !

catchery wrote: »
    Hello all and congratulations ! I have decided to say hello and join in ! I am due on the 7th of Aug with baby no 3 ! Scan is not for another 2 weeks so really cannot wait so i can tell everyone cos i am huge already ! Having movements since 9 weeks with a very strong heartbeat ! Nausea is still there but not as bad i can drink tea on this baby ! Happy happy mammy !

Welcome and congrats! Wow, no 3! You can share your wisdom and experience with us newbies ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

I am also due beginning of aug with baby number 3. Scan MOnday week. I feel like I am having movement as well. This pregnancy was a bit different as had 2 bleeds and thought I was miscarrying. Had an early pregnancy scan where they told me I was actually 3 weeks further then I thought. This meant I also had a bleed in November (which I thought was a period). Feel like I am huge already. Really want scan so I can tell people - people must think I had a very good xmas with my belly.!!!!

Congrats catchery

Movements at 9 weeks! Holy Moley. I can't feel a thing yet.

Any of the first timers feeling anything yet?

cb7 wrote: »
    I am also due beginning of aug with baby number 3. Scan MOnday week. I feel like I am having movement as well. This pregnancy was a bit different as had 2 bleeds and thought I was miscarrying. Had an early pregnancy scan where they told me I was actually 3 weeks further then I thought. This meant I also had a bleed in November (which I thought was a period). Feel like I am huge already. Really want scan so I can tell people - people must think I had a very good xmas with my belly.!!!!

Congratulations catchery and cb7! Lots of FTMs here so we will all be coming to you both for advice :)

Congrats catchery

Feeling no movements yet and not showing at all. Then again I am only 10 1/2 weeks. I think the first time round movement can be felt from around 18 - 24 weeks, according to my what to expect book, so its a while off for me yet.

Got really excited thinking about it all last night. Cant wait to get the 12 week milestone over so I can start to tell people. Was tempted to tell people after our early scan at 8 weeks when well but amazingly I still held back.

emka1984 wrote: »
    Great to hear about all the scans and other happy thoughts! Mine is in a week - roll on Thursday! Can't wait to finally be able to share the news!

Mind feels AGES away (a week this coming Wed). I am at the very end of Aug though so I must be a bit behind most people on here. I cant wait for it though. To hit that little milestone will be great. Cant wait to start telling people either.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hi all ! Thanks for the welcome ! Everyone is different during pregnancy so please dont worry if you are big or small can feel this or cant you will only be worrying for nothing ! Enjoy the pregnancy and any time you can put your feet up and rest do ! I know what the movements are this time round and was lucky to feel them at 15 weeks on my first as well as the hickups towards the end ! Ill wait till later to explain what that is like lol ! I have two small ones tearing around at the mo and by god i wish i could just go to bed lol!

Congrats catchery

Nothing here yet, Dobbit, and I am not showing much yet either... 12 weeks + 1 today based on the early scan... Patiently (yeah right!) waiting for next Thursday now... My Boss even moved the team meeting to Friday, so that we can make the happy announcement... How nice is that?! :-)

• Advertisement

Anyone else with lower back pain? Or is that common

Advertisement