Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Dobbit wrote: »
    Great point spottybananas! my husband offered to give up drink for the length of my pregnancy. In the end I told him it was grand, but him having a pint has no passive effect on the baby.

Yeah no secondary alcohol problems, and pints don't waft towards you!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Girls you are all going to think I am mad in the head but I am a tiny bit worried after the scan yesterday. I was thinking about it a bit more this morning and I am concerned I am measuring so far behind my own estimated dates (1 wk 2 day). The thing is I was using ovulation sticks so I know the exact date I ovulated and at the very most that might put me 3 days out but not 9.

I also had the worse cold ever so I dont think my hubby and I even got busy between the sheets in between ovulation and me taking the test but I could be wrong and just have forgotten.

I took a pregnancy text 6 days before my period was due (based on ovulation dates) and it was positive. But if my dates are 1 wk and 2 days behind that would mean I got a positive 2 weeks before my period - is that even possible?

I am just worrying that maybe the little one has stopped growing or there is something to be concerned about. Would there be something or should I stop worrying because the heartbeat was present and strong? I was just so sure of my dates it seems mad that they could be that far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Girls you are all going to think I am mad in the head but I am a tiny bit worried after the scan yesterday. I was thinking about it a bit more this morning and I am concerned I am measuring so far behind my own estimated dates (1 wk 2 day). The thing is I was using ovulation sticks so I know the exact date I ovulated and at the very most that might put me 3 days out but not 9.

I also had the worse cold ever so I dont think my hubby and I even got busy between the sheets in between ovulation and me taking the test but I could be wrong and just have forgotten.

I took a pregnancy text 6 days before my period was due (based on ovulation dates) and it was positive. But if my dates are 1 wk and 2 days behind that would mean I got a positive 2 weeks before my period - is that even possible?

I am just worrying that maybe the little one has stopped growing or there is something to be concerned about. Would there be something or should I stop worrying because the heartbeat was present and strong? I was just so sure of my dates it seems mad that they could be that far out.

Ms tootsie, I know Its hard not to worry but just remember they are average measurements, some babies have to be bigger and some have to be smaller for them to get the average. Every baby is totally different. I remember being told in one appointment that I was measuring very small cue two hour frantic wait for a scan, then to be told I'm actually having a larger than normal baby(9lbs 1oz). So try not to worry, I'm sure everything is fine!:)

Ms tootsie, I know Its hard not to worry but just remember they are average measurements, some babies have to be bigger and some have to be smaller for them to get the average. Every baby is totally different. I remember being told in one appointment that I was measuring very small cue two hour frantic wait for a scan, then to be told I'm actually having a larger than normal baby(9lbs 1oz). So try not to worry, I'm sure everything is fine!:)

Thanks Rachieqtpie! I have just been overthinking it and was a bit concerned because if I got by her dates then I got a positive pregnancy test at less than 2 weeks pregnant - as in those first two weeks where you are not even pregnant and implantation has not occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Thanks Rachieqtpie! I have just been overthinking it and was a bit concerned because if I got by her dates then I got a positive pregnancy test at less than 2 weeks pregnant - as in those first two weeks where you are not even pregnant and implantation has not occurred.

Hi tootsie you sound like me I would have worried too, but once you had the scan and you had such a good strong heartbeat the baby is ok. Try not to worry x I have a relative who is a midwife and she told me doctors/ midwives always allow for differences of two weeks ahead or behind on our dates :) I hope this even reassures you a bit. cod I know what it's like to worry loads :) I have my 24 week hosp appointment next week and I'm already worrying and my hosp gave no anomaly scan so that worried me too :D but I have told myself me worrying about what ifs was no good :)
    Sorry a bit of a rant in the end :)

• Advertisement

Hi tootsie you sound like me I would have worried too, but once you had the scan and you had such a good strong heartbeat the baby is ok. Try not to worry x I have a relative who is a midwife and she told me doctors/ midwives always allow for differences of two weeks ahead or behind on our dates :) I hope this even reassures you a bit. cod I know what it's like to worry loads :) I have my 24 week hosp appointment next week and I'm already worrying and my hosp gave no anomaly scan so that worried me too :D but I have told myself me worrying about what ifs was no good :)
    Sorry a bit of a rant in the end :)

Thanks so much autumnbelle! Seems like all this worrying is just par for the course!

Or how about you give up too? That way she won't have someone to share it with, less access to them, etc. They were just saying on tv yesterday that pregnant women whose partners still smoke are more likely to continue smoking during pregnancy.

Oh definitely! I'm quitting in a few weeks as it's not a good time work wise ATM (I get very jittery in the initial days and I'm working around a lot of heavy machinery for the next two weeks)

But, I don't smoke around her and have moved outside to smoke (worse weather to start that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Hi Everyone! My hubby has recently sent me the link to this forum and so after finally having found some time to read all of your posts, I decided to say hello myself :-)

Due August 13th as per my early scan (had an ectopic last year so was due for a scan at just over 6 weeks this time), currently week 10... my first official appointment in Holles street is Feb 5th - can't wait as I want to finally share the news with family, friends and work! A few trusted people know already so I can talk to them, but it would be nice to finally stop concentrating on what I can and can't be talking about ;-)

Hope everyone's fine, here's to healthy babies!

Has anyone flown during first trimester. Have a flight booked when I'm in my 13th week
    Says its safe online but I'm very wary

I was flying in my week 6/7 and had no issues. Now, I am no expert or doctor, but my understanding is that the biggest worry of travelling during the first trimester is being abroad in case anything goes wrong... plus, if it's a long flight, you need to make sure you walk a bit etc to help circulation - but that's pretty standard even for non-pregnant peeps ;-)

As a midwife advised - nobody will tell you openly that it's 100% safe to fly in the first trimester just in case something does go wrong. But it might have nothing to do with the flight itself...

emka1984 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! My hubby has recently sent me the link to this forum and so after finally having found some time to read all of your posts, I decided to say hello myself :-)

Due August 13th as per my early scan (had an ectopic last year so was due for a scan at just over 6 weeks this time), currently week 10... my first official appointment in Holles street is Feb 5th - can't wait as I want to finally share the news with family, friends and work! A few trusted people know already so I can talk to them, but it would be nice to finally stop concentrating on what I can and can't be talking about ;-)

Hope everyone's fine, here's to healthy babies!

Congrats Emma and welcome!!!:) having a very exciting Saturday night researching double buggies!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hi emk1984. Congrats. You are due 2 days before me. Its very exciting isn't it. I am still waiting on Hosp appt but I will get another scan with my antenatal visit on the 28th so I will be just 3 days shy of 12 weeks then. I can't wait.
    I've just been standing on front of the mirror admiring my 'bump' well it just looks like I'm bloated. But then I'm thinkin am I imagining it or did I always have a belly lol.
    Thanks for the advice on flying
    Going to say it to the doc when I see her but I want to go I think once I get this next scan I'll be relaxed more

Congrats Emma and welcome!!!:) having a very exciting Saturday night researching double buggies!!!

Nice one! Any suggestions or advice on single buggies? ;-)

Thanks for the advice on flying
    Going to say it to the doc when I see her but I want to go I think once I get this next scan I'll be relaxed more

Fully understand you! Due to my ectopic last year, I wouldn't have flown prior to the early scan either, as I at least wanted to know that this time the little Blip is in the right place ;-) thankfully managed to squeeze in the scan on Thursday, and was flying on Monday! Lol

Very exciting of course! And a bit scary :-) but I'm thinking positive! And yes, I am starting to look a bit bloated myself now! Gotta research some new trousers for work! Eek! I am so looking forward to having a little bump now, but surely once it starts growing I will want to go back to being tiny ;-)

emka1984 wrote: »
    Nice one! Any suggestions or advice on single buggies? ;-)

Make sure you like it, I ended up hating my single and getting rid of it for a stroller, make sure it fits in your boot easily enough. If your planning on having more kids or quite close together(scary to think of when your still pregnant on number 1), look into the ones that can be made into a double easily.

Can you eat mayo if its Helmanns

Can you eat mayo if its Helmanns

Any bought/processed mayo is fine, doesn't have to be Hellmans. It's only homemade mayo that doesn't have pasteurised eggs...I ate loads of it at Christmas, can't beat my mum's mayo/marie rose sauce, I couldn't miss out on it!

Any bought/processed mayo is fine, doesn't have to be Hellmans. It's only homemade mayo that doesn't have pasteurised eggs...I ate loads of it at Christmas, can't beat my mum's mayo/marie rose sauce, I couldn't miss out on it!

Thank god. I'm gonna go out and buy some now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hi all,

So my spotting came back and as I was 11 days away from my next scan and I was going insane with worry at home, I went into my gynaecologist. She said the baby is perfectly fine (got to see it moving around in there and the heart beat again :)) and it looks like this time it's from the placenta touching the top of the cervix but I'll get confirmation next week from a better quality ultrasound that was already scheduled. Has anyone else had anything similar?

I'm just shy of 12 weeks pregnant. Is 12 weeks when the risk of miscarriage goes down? I feel like I'd rather have had my head down the toilet for 12 weeks than have the stress of two different causes of spotting/bleeding! The stress is really getting to me...I'm exhausted by it at this stage.

I hope everyone else is doing well x

Macha wrote: »
    Hi all,

So my spotting came back and as I was 11 days away from my next scan and I was going insane with worry at home, I went into my gynaecologist. She said the baby is perfectly fine (got to see it moving around in there and the heart beat again :)) and it looks like this time it's from the placenta touching the top of the cervix but I'll get confirmation next week from a better quality ultrasound that was already scheduled. Has anyone else had anything similar?

I'm just shy of 12 weeks pregnant. Is 12 weeks when the risk of miscarriage goes down? I feel like I'd rather have had my head down the toilet for 12 weeks than have the stress of two different causes of spotting/bleeding! The stress is really getting to me...I'm exhausted by it at this stage.

I had bright red bleeding at 10 and 20 weeks, and have brown spotting lots of times since 8 weeks, too many to count. The only one I got checked out was the 20 week one, because I know I have a cervical erosion which can bleed easily and because I knew there was nothing they could do with any of the ones before that if it was going to be a miscarriage, I'd just have to wait and see.

Spotting wouldn't bother me at all really, because generally it is nothing serious, especially if they have given you a reason for it. My bleed at 20 weeks was a bright red gush, and all was fine, no reason for it at all, these things can just happen :)

The risk of miscarriage goes down each week but as it's at its highest during the first trimester most people consider 12 weeks to be the "safe" zone, as while it can still happen after that it's less likely to.

Glad to hear everything is OK Macha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Morning all. We had a fun weekend of breaking the news to friends and family. Some lovely and hilarious reactions, such as one family friend who screamed the house down! Such a relief that everyone knows now, particularly since I'm starting to show. Just over the weekend my bump has well and truly arrived. I'm even wearing maternity jeans today!

How far are you now dobbit. I can't wait until I have a proper bump. I just look likeI have a belly now

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

How far are you now dobbit. I can't wait until I have a proper bump. I just look likeI have a belly now

I'm 12 + 2 today. Wearing really loose fitting tops in work at the moment because not everyone knows yet. The people I have told said I hid it very well, haha!

Macha good to hear you're ok!

Dobbit - great stuff with finally being able to tell people! I have 2,5 weeks to the hospital appointment, will be 13 weeks then, and hope to keep it a secret until then, eek! Hopefully I manage ;-)

Where are you getting your maternity trousers ladies? Any you recommend / definitely don't recommend?

Got my first antenatal appt(nothing about scan) in the coombe for 26th of February. I'll be 16 weeks then? Bit of a joke

Got my first antenatal appt(nothing about scan) in the coombe for 26th of February. I'll be 16 weeks then? Bit of a joke

My gp told me to call and reschedule if my appt was very late or I couldn't go, but my hospital are apparently very accommodating. While it's common it's still very annoying, I would call and ask that they contact you if they have sooner cancellations.

Wow they must be very busy! Maybe try calling them? And I thought my appointment at 13 weeks was a lot to wait for ;-)

My gp told me to call and reschedule if my appt was very late or I couldn't go, but my hospital are apparently very accommodating. While it's common it's still very annoying, I would call and ask that they contact you if they have sooner cancellations.

Thanks spottybananas
    I'll do that tomorrow. Hopefully I get through as I was trying to call yesteday and there was no answer

Meant to say also my original appt was for 15-16 weeks, but when I rang she gave me a date for bang on 12 weeks, I couldn't believe it, why not just give me that in the first place? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Meant to say also my original appt was for 15-16 weeks, but when I rang she gave me a date for bang on 12 weeks, I couldn't believe it, why not just give me that in the first place? :rolleyes:

I tried ringing there its an answering service

Advertisement