Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Finally got through from ringing at 9am on the button.
    They were kind enough to move my booking appointment until Friday next week but said they probably won't be able to do my scan until the original day but I'm happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Can someone explain to me what a bump band is?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Dobbit wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what a bump band is?

It's a little band you put around your stomach to support it but also helps you wear your regular clothes longer, as your belly grows your tops will ride up so this covers it. Also if your wearing jeans/trousers without the buttons done or the hair bobbin trick it covers it. Asos do their own range that aren't as expensive as the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Hi ladies does anyone know if you can get first trimester screening with a Nuchal Translucency scan done privately in the Coombe at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

As far as I know you can because my consultant offered it to me and I'm private

• Advertisement

Thanks angeldelight. I am going public so I think I will give them a call and ask them then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Hi ladies does anyone know if you can get first trimester screening with a Nuchal Translucency scan done privately in the Coombe at all?

You definitely can. I had it done at the Coombe and it cost me 100 euro as a public patient.

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    What's this?

What's this?

Extra screening for Downs Syndrome and other chromosomal disorders

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a544491/nuchal-translucency-nt-scan

Thanks might look into this myself when I'm in the coombe. Does it have to be done at a certain time

Edit: just read up on it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi girls, I had my first scan last night. (Spottybanana you were right Sheila is fantastic!).

It was amazing to see the baby up on the big screen. I am actually 13 weeks today. So I'm a week further along than I thought and now have a due date of 31st July :-)

Thankfully everything looks great and she even gave us a guess to the sex of the baby :-) :-)

I have the day off today so I might go and look at some maternity clothes :-)

cowlove wrote: »
    Hi girls, I had my first scan last night. (Spottybanana you were right Sheila is fantastic!).

It was amazing to see the baby up on the big screen. I am actually 13 weeks today. So I'm a week further along than I thought and now have a due date of 31st July :-)

Thankfully everything looks great and she even gave us a guess to the sex of the baby :-) :-)

Congrats Cowlove!! It's really amazing the first time you see it. I can't believe mine was only a week ago!

Let us know how you get on with the maternity clothes shopping, I tried on the weekend but ended up just getting a pair of jeans. I'm terribly indecisive.

Oh lovely news cowlove! Congratulations! I have been looking at some maternity clothes online but I havent bought anything yet, still being a bit cautious and I am only 9 weeks so I have time on my side. Asos seem to have a great maternity section!

cowlove wrote: »

Thats brilliant cowlove. I have a scan next wed and cannot wait. Its great when u jump up a week. I went for my early scan thinking o was 4 weeks to be told I was 8!
    Asos have a sale online at the minute for summery maternity wear and let's face it we are all going to be big in the summer :-)

Ah that's lovely cow love, I have mine on Tuesday will be 11 weeks, can't wait!

Started looking at clothes on asos yesterday too, going to blanch tonight as got money and vouchers for Christmas that I haven't used yet, wanted to hold off a bit! New look maternity is great and reasonable, got a few bits of my friend so have a couple of jeans already!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Glad to hear it all went well cowlove :)

I find H&M absolutely great for maternity clothes, I would have nothing to wear without their jeggings that go over the bump. The low bands hurt me sitting so low, I just assumed everyone could wear whatever under/over bump they wanted, didn't realise it depends a lot on how low or high you're carrying really.

I got some belly bands in New Look and some dresses, I got nothing in Next despite lots of people saying they do amazing maternity wear, everything was way too big for me.

Asos have a sale online at the minute for summery maternity wear and let's face it we are all going to be big in the summer :-)

hehe yes we will all be big! :)

I bought two dresses on Asos today. One won't fit until I'm a bit bigger and the other looks like the kind of thing that will fit all the way through because of how the material sits.

I'm nearly pregnant the same time as my last pregnancy, only 2 weeks between due dates, I went to NYC at 14 weeks the last time and got some great bits from a brand motherhood, trendy and comfy! So if anyone is going to us they are a great brand! also seen a link on the xpose fb page yesterday with a link to the brand Kate Middleton/Gwen staffani wear- some really reasonable bits, can't remember the brand. I Gave all my maternity bits to a friend of a friend when she was pregnant with my genie pillow and never got them back, so starting from scratch:(

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I'll have to check out asos. There are some lovely bits in new look. They have a lovely pair of jeans but they didn't have my size. i d say I will live in them if I get them. They are so comfy! I'm heading to the UK in a few weeks so might get some stuff then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Hi Girls, just on the subject of clothes. Was in Monsoon last night and got some really lovely bits. At the moment I am at that really awkward stage of just looking fatter as opposed to pregnant but got a couple of dresses in the jersey material which fit well at the bust, long sleeves but the skirt is a- line. Think it will cover up a bit now as well as working when the bump lands.

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_11.10/6452190806

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Does anyone know of it can be done in Holles street? I would imagine so?

emka1984 wrote: »

I think it can be done everywhere once you pay!

I had it done in Merrion Fetal Health which is a private clinic next door to Holles Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

I had it done in Merrion Fetal Health which is a private clinic next door to Holles Street.

Thanks, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

250. I'm surprised it was so much cheaper in the coombe but we have health insurance that covered the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

250. I'm surprised it was so much cheaper in the coombe but we have health insurance that covered the cost.

I'm a public patient and was charged 100 euro but I believe it is 250 euro as a private patient. Not sure how they can justify a huge difference like that!

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    I'm a public patient and was charged 100 euro but I believe it is 250 euro as a private patient. Not sure how they can justify a huge difference like that!

I'm a public patient as well.

So I called the Coombe to confirm and as I am a public patient it's 100 euro. I can book it once they confirm my dates at my booking scan in two weeks. :)

On the less smiley side of things I am feeling horrendous today. My sickness gets worse in the evening and this week I have to work late at an event with a load of colleagues including my boss. All of who don't know I am pregnant yet. Considering I spend a good portion of the evening throwing up I am dreading it.

• Advertisement

Just back from my first visit to Holles Street and the maternity conveyor belt of fun. 3 hours all in all, not too bad I guess. Didn't even see the consultant or doctor or whatever he is. Did get a quick scan though and was able to see baby wriggling around. I'm super low risk so it's combined care for me. I don't qualify for the domino scheme because I'm a bleedin northsider, wha.

Advertisement