Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Kaylami wrote:
    They probably will try again. It can be posterior and closed that morning and open for business that afternoon.

I hope so that would be great. I'll see what they say tomorrow fingers crossed I'll be able to get the sweep

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

I have no idea either but I'd also suggest talking to them and discussing your options! There's nothing worse now than to have you stressed and worried!

Hope all goes well tomorrow, will be thinking of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

In the Coombe tomorrow I'll be 40+2. Do you think if I push for induction they will do it before the standard 10 days. I am worried about the risks of going over and also I've been told this will be a big baby

I was told in coombe at beginning and end July that it was a very big baby (measuring 3.5 weeks ahead up from 3 at beginning July) and that they didn't want me going me over btwn that and other complications. I was there on Thurs and reiterated that to them and I was told to come back next week when I'll be 40+4, at which point I will be over obviously, when they would consider booking me in for an induction. Think it depends on who you are talking to, but I get the impression they are encouraging natural rather than forcing nature along. You can always ask, but maybe don't get your hopes up.

As much as I wanted all of this over this week I've resigned myself to the fact that at least it won't be any more than two weeks....

VandC wrote:
    As much as I wanted all of this over this week I've resigned myself to the fact that at least it won't be any more than two weeks....

Yeah your right I should probably have that outlook too. I think they are reluctant to induce u unless there's a reason.I'll try for the sweep again :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hi ladies,

My little man arrived very early this morning via c section. Waters broke and contractions started but the fact that he was breech meant a cesarean was the best option.

I'm recovering and there's a little problem with him that will hopefully be sorted by Tuesday.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

• Advertisement

Congratulations Macha. Hope u are recovering well. Hope all is well with baby

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Congratulations Macha ! Welcome baby boy to the world x take care hun and well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Congratulations on all the new arrivals!!! It's so exciting!

I'm still waiting. Trying to relax and enjoy my maternity leave.

Told to come back when I'll be 40+9 and they will try do sweep again then and book me on for induction within the following 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Congrats Macha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Congratulations Macha!

Still another 10 days to due date for me, and this morning I broke a big lump off a tooth :eek:. Hard to know what to do, I don't want to go to the dentist and get medicated up to my eyeballs in case it harms baby, so I'm up with the consultant in the morning and I'll ask her advice on what to do. So far it's not hurting but that could just be a matter of time. If I have to wait until after the birth I'll wait but I'd rather not.

Macha wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

My little man arrived very early this morning via c section. Waters broke and contractions started but the fact that he was breech meant a cesarean was the best option.

I'm recovering and there's a little problem with him that will hopefully be sorted by Tuesday.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Congratulations! Hope you're recovering well and that your little one is going to be fine in no time! Keep us posted!

Congratulations Macha!

Still another 10 days to due date for me, and this morning I broke a big lump off a tooth :eek:. Hard to know what to do, I don't want to go to the dentist and get medicated up to my eyeballs in case it harms baby, so I'm up with the consultant in the morning and I'll ask her advice on what to do. So far it's not hurting but that could just be a matter of time. If I have to wait until after the birth I'll wait but I'd rather not.

Oh goodness! Fingers crossed you can have it fixed safely and soon !

Told to come back when I'll be 40+9 and they will try do sweep again then and book me on for induction within the following 2 days

Jees thats not what you want to hear ! Bounce on that ball, go for a long walk by the sea, walk up and down stairs, eat spicy food, have a good time with your partner! Drink a glass of holy water ..

There are loads more everyone has one that supposed to work ! The walk on by the sea worked for me on my first ! Went that night ? Keep moving as much as you can hope its soon for you !

catchery wrote:
    Jees thats not what you want to hear ! Bounce on that ball, go for a long walk by the sea, walk up and down stairs, eat spicy food, have a good time with your partner! Drink a glass of holy water ..

I just bought a ball. Better late than never eh. Hope that might do something.
    I'm going to go to the zoo tomorrow morning if the weather is nice so plenty of walking there.

BM hope u get to get your tooth sorted. Let us know how you get on.

I can't get a dentists appointment until the beginning of November! It's not hurting, so it's not an emergency, and at least we'll be settled by then. At least at yesterdays appointment babys head is fully engaged, whereas it wasn't last week.

Hope you're hanging in there OK Irishgirl.

I can't get a dentists appointment until the beginning of November! It's not hurting, so it's not an emergency, and at least we'll be settled by then. At least at yesterdays appointment babys head is fully engaged, whereas it wasn't last week.

Oh goodness! November?! Hope you can hold on until then! By the sound of your message you should so fingers crossed!

That reminds me - any of you new mammies tried signing up for the BCG vaccine? I was told there's a European shortage and my little one won't get it before the new year!

Yikes, November! I hope your not in too much discomfort in the meantime.
    Ah I'm grand I just have it in my head now that this time next week I'll have my baby. If I go earlier I'll be shocked. I just don't feel it will happen this week

Yikes, November! I hope your not in too much discomfort in the meantime.
    Ah I'm grand I just have it in my head now that this time next week I'll have my baby. If I go earlier I'll be shocked. I just don't feel it will happen this week

Hang in there! :-)

Poor you borderlinemeath ! Hopefully there will be no pain from your tooth ! Take care now could be any day !

• Advertisement

That reminds me - any of you new mammies tried signing up for the BCG vaccine? I was told there's a European shortage and my little one won't get it before the new year![/quote]

Hi emka our district nurse told us that there was a back-up alright ! Havent booked anything yet was waiting until i go for my 6 week check up !

No pain from the tooth, but feeling a bit crampy and back achy today! Have a hot water bottle on my lower back for most of the afternoon. It would be great if I went myself over the next few days. Only saying to sister in law this morning that I hadn't felt a twinge as I was bouncing on my ball!

Hi emka our district nurse told us that there was a back-up alright ! Havent booked anything yet was waiting until i go for my 6 week check up ![/QUOTE]

You might want to give them a call now, and at least be on the list already. It's all over the news now, and it really looks like we'll be lucky to get these in January 2016! :eek:

You might want to give them a call now, and at least be on the list already. It's all over the news now, and it really looks like we'll be lucky to get these in January 2016! :eek:[/quote]

I will first thing in the morning ! Thanks emka.

catchery wrote: »
    You might want to give them a call now, and at least be on the list already. It's all over the news now, and it really looks like we'll be lucky to get these in January 2016! :eek:

I will first thing in the morning ! Thanks emka.[/quote]

Let me know what they tell you. I'm curious to know whether different centres have different waiting lists :-)

emka1984 wrote: »
    I will first thing in the morning ! Thanks emka.

Let me know what they tell you. I'm curious to know whether different centres have different waiting lists :-)[/QUOTE]

+1 I havent bothered ringing our local clinic yet because there's none available.

My OH went back to work today after 2 weeks paternity leave. Had a hard day without him, lots of crying and a difficult to settle baby. Just when we finally cracked breastfeeding the settling comes unstuck, sigh. Also OH's aunt is doing my head in. She keeps calling round dishing out orders in the guise of advice. Today then she asked me did I need anything from the shops and got totally the wrong thing, AND corrected me for complaining about it. God preserve me from that kind of "help". I've had to ask a few people not to call over just because I'm so flaming exhausted. Probably seems selfish but I'll never get him into anything like a routine if all and sundry keep calling over.

Dobbit wrote: »
    Let me know what they tell you. I'm curious to know whether different centres have different waiting lists :-)

+1 I havent bothered ringing our local clinic yet because there's none available.[/quote]

No vaccine is available you mean? But if you call now they will put you on a list at least and you'll be sorted sooner than if you call once they have them.

Ah Dobbit you are not alone ! I was constantly having callers on our first baby and i could barely stand up ! Now i have had very few ,
    when asked can i call i said wait another few weeks please. Breastfeeding is really hard , you are on demand 24hrs and you are just exhausted ! You cannot hand baby to your partner or family member and go for a sleep for an hour or two while they give the baby a bottle , it is a different kettle of fish. On top of this your boobs are killing you and are leaking all the time! But ! It does get better so hang in there. Im not saying bottle fed babies are easy either cos i know mammy always will wake to crying from her little one. Adjusting to it all and the constant worry if they are ok all of the time. Being clean each day is hard enough, hair and clothes forget it ! I cant wait to get my hair done but my little guy is still on constant feeding so ill have to wait till i have it some way sorted. This is my third !!! I did make it to the beach breastfeeding from a wrap and got to soak my feet and watch my kids have a summer day was brilliant. But today my bum is plonked in the couch feeding non stop !! Sorry dont know if this helps or annoys x

• Advertisement

I hear you too ladies! Thankfully my little one sleeps great at night and gives me a chance to catch up on sleep, and truth be told - I am not too tired anymore! That being said, I still don't manage to do much during the day between feeds.

I did have a few visitors already but I make a point of having people over only when it suits me and the baby, and my hubby is very supportive of that. He even closed the door in front of one of his uncles' noses when he visited unannounced and at a bad time lol!

This is my first baby so it's much easier on me from the perspective that I have no other kiddies to look after. On the other hand, there's that new parent unknown factor! :-)

My mum just arrived last night and she'll stay for a week or so I guess, so you never know, I might even have a hoovered household around me soon again! :-)

Advertisement