Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Is it general anesthetic? I take it you got a c-section going by that post.
    That must've been scary with the drugs not working !

Yup that's what it stands for. I really didn't want to be put under, esp after all I had been through up to that point. It was a bit scary but just glad it's over and we are both safe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

emka1984 wrote: »
    Official induction date booked for Monday, eeek! That's only 3 days before my EDD, so time-wise fair enough, but I am still a bit apprehensive about artificial actions... Hopefully it'll all go smoothly, like the other ladies here mentioned theirs went! :-)

They're talking of using the ribbon first - did our recent mammies have that method also, or did you get the gel straight away?

I got the drip as my waters had broke so I am not sure about the ribbon or gel.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hi emka i only got the gel the day before then they broke my waters at 9 the next morning and had my baby at 12.40. Never heard of the ribbon to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Thanks Ladies! Maybe the plan with me will be different then, with that whole "ribbon". There isn't much online about it, so I guess I'll just need to wait and see... Or maybe I'll talk to them on Monday and we'll agree on a different approach... Time will tell!

Hope all the Mammies and Babies (the ones inside and outside) are fine! Mine is having parties in the belly every day, I guess she knows that her time in her own little "apartment" is coming to an end, so she's enjoying the freedom as much as she can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

What's the ribbon emka? Is that the drip?
    I'm due in 9 days now and getting very nervous. Its like its only dawned on me now what I'll have to do lol.
    Doctor said she would offer me a sweep on my due date.
    I am planning on picking up a few boys tomorrow so have a feeling something will happen tonight or tomorrow

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, hope ye are all doing well! first week is almost over and its been tough but rewarding. My milk hasnt fully come in yet because of the c section so baby dobbit has been spending more time latched than unlatched but im managing a few hours kip here and there. Even popped to penneys earlier to get some loose fitting scar friendly clothes! My OH has been fantastic though, and my mum is helping out a lot. Had a few weepy moments here and there when I felt like it was all too much but I believe thats normal.

We finally got out of Holles street on Saturday so just adjusting to our new life at home right now. He is currently balanced on my knees refusing to give me any wind!

Dobbit wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope ye are all doing well! first week is almost over and its been tough but rewarding. My milk hasnt fully come in yet because of the c section so baby dobbit has been spending more time latched than unlatched but im managing a few hours kip here and there. Even popped to penneys earlier to get some loose fitting scar friendly clothes! My OH has been fantastic though, and my mum is helping out a lot. Had a few weepy moments here and there when I felt like it was all too much but I believe thats normal.

We finally got out of Holles street on Saturday so just adjusting to our new life at home right now. He is currently balanced on my knees refusing to give me any wind!

I can confirm weepy moments are completely normal. I think I spent most of the first week in tears. Now going into week 3 and I feel much more normal. Lack of sleep is awful.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Had an appt on hospital today and they said babies head engaged. Seeing my own doc this weekend who says she will be doing an internal and a sweep. I suppose I could be waiting another 2 weeks if I go overdue

cowlove wrote: »
    I can confirm weepy moments are completely normal. I think I spent most of the first week in tears. Now going into week 3 and I feel much more normal. Lack of sleep is awful.

Everyone is telling me it gets better, I live in hope!

Everyone is telling me it gets better, I live in hope!

It will. Are you low in iron? I was low in iron leaving the hospital but started taking supplements. I really think they helped my mood and hormones.

• Advertisement

cowlove wrote: »
    It will. Are you low in iron? I was low in iron leaving the hospital but started taking supplements. I really think they helped my mood and hormones.

Yeah I was only 9.3, bloody hate galfer though, it's so harsh on my stomach. Might get something milder and see if that helps.

Dobbit wrote:
    Yeah I was only 9.3, bloody hate galfer though, it's so harsh on my stomach. Might get something milder and see if that helps.

I've heard some people recommend ferrorgrad c. Its not meant to be as harsh as galfer.

Ladies, my little bundle of joy is with us already! Our little girl arrived on Monday at 9.16pm and we're all super happy and excited!

I'm a bit uncomfortable after a small episiotomy as the stitches are starting to get a bit itchy, and everything "down there" is still bruised and swollen but other than that I managed to go through it only with the use of gas (which I used more for concentration purposes than pain relief) which I am delighted with!

Home now for the last few hours, still can't believe that we have her outside of my belly now!

Hope everyone is doing well!

When do you take it? I always took it the recommended hour after a meal, and I never had a problem! But sure, those reactions vary from person to person ...

emka1984 wrote: »
    Ladies, my little bundle of joy is with us already! Our little girl arrived on Monday at 9.16pm and we're all super happy and excited!

I'm a bit uncomfortable after a small episiotomy as the stitches are starting to get a bit itchy, and everything "down there" is still bruised and swollen but other than that I managed to go through it only with the use of gas (which I used more for concentration purposes than pain relief) which I am delighted with!

Home now for the last few hours, still can't believe that we have her outside of my belly now!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats Emka! Glad it all went well. It's been 3 weeks and I still can't believe our little man is outside my belly. It is very surreal!

Enjoy your little lady!

Ahh brilliant another bambino safe with mammy ! Congrats emka all over now enjoy being at home with your little bundle ! Well done to you !

Congrats emka brilliant news

Congrats emka!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Congratulations Emka! :)

Thanks everyone! Trying to get my head around not sleeping much now ;-) and sore nipples! But I'm sure it's just a matter of time!
    Ladies with the babies - are you experiencing cluster feeding sessions?!

Irishgirl - not long to go now, eh?

I hope all of our August babies arrive safely!

• Advertisement

Oh and for those curious about the "ribbon" - it's a hormone inserted behind your cervix in a form of a flat tampon. It's meant to "ripen" the cervix if it's not fully favourable.

It usually can take up to 24 hours to work. Mine had to be taken out around 8 hours after having been inserted, as the baby wasn't reacting well to it. But funnily enough she was born 2 hours after it was removed, as to everyone's surprise i went into labour!

Hi emka well the ribbon worked for you ! Lol ! My little guy is 3 weeks today and he cluster fed for 48:hours which nearly killed me and of course i had an hour here or there but my nipples were so sore and still recovering. I dont think i was eating enough and snacking all the time tops up your milk. The nipple cream does relieve it and changing the nipple pads helps. On my first the midwife told me to put some of the breastmilk on the nipples and leave them to the air this helped also and try not get any soap on them in shower,easier said than done. There is a big difference in a deep feed to just resting and comforting on the nipple which makes them sore. Sticking your little finger into the side of babys mouth to release the nipple also instead of pulling it out when finished. You probably know all of this already but just said id say it incase !

catchery wrote: »
    Hi emka well the ribbon worked for you ! Lol ! My little guy is 3 weeks today and he cluster fed for 48:hours which nearly killed me and of course i had an hour here or there but my nipples were so sore and still recovering. I dont think i was eating enough and snacking all the time tops up your milk. The nipple cream does relieve it and changing the nipple pads helps. On my first the midwife told me to put some of the breastmilk on the nipples and leave them to the air this helped also and try not get any soap on them in shower,easier said than done. There is a big difference in a deep feed to just resting and comforting on the nipple which makes them sore. Sticking your little finger into the side of babys mouth to release the nipple also instead of pulling it out when finished. You probably know all of this already but just said id say it incase !

Thank you, it's reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one with these problems! :-) the umbilical cord just fell off a moment ago and I am delighted - not a big fan of this yucky thing! ;-)

I'm due today emka. But I'd say I will be waiting. Had an internal today and I wasn't favourable for a sweep my cervix is completely closed or too high. Hope I don't go the full 10 days over

I'm due today emka. But I'd say I will be waiting. Had an internal today and I wasn't favourable for a sweep my cervix is completely closed or too high. Hope I don't go the full 10 days over

Best of luck! Hopefully you get to meet your little one soon! :-)

emka1984 wrote:
    Best of luck! Hopefully you get to meet your little one soon! :-)

Thanks I hope I go on my own

In the Coombe tomorrow I'll be 40+2. Do you think if I push for induction they will do it before the standard 10 days. I am worried about the risks of going over and also I've been told this will be a big baby

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I'm sorry irishgirl I have no idea but they may offer you a sweep?

I couldn't get one kaylami. My cervix is still too closed or something. They might try again tomorrow maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I couldn't get one kaylami. My cervix is still too closed or something. They might try again tomorrow maybe

They probably will try again. It can be posterior and closed that morning and open for business that afternoon.

If your really concerned definitely ask to speak to a consultant about earlier induction.

Advertisement