Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Ah jaysis spottybananas, let the woman have her day without silly corrections!

Dobbit, happy DUE DATE!!! Enjoy it! Least you know your baby will be here max two weeks from now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Very envious of all you due dates and near due dates, I'm only 36 weeks yesterday! Although I have found in the past week or so I've been a lot more tired, a good bit more waddley and less mobile and absolutely dying to get into my pjs at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hello ladies ! Hope all are well and the waiting game isnt too bad. It will all happen soon and try and rest as much as you can, and eat as much as you want ! I am breast- feeding on demand and my baby is a week old today. I had one hour sleep most nights and 1-2 during the day ! But im hanging on in and he is just beautiful. Keep the chins up and hopefully it will happen soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Estimated due date :)

Jeeze, I know like, just because the bus is due doesn't mean it's going to show up on time :rolleyes:

Thanks girls, the end is in sight for me and you too soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Aw I too am jealous of everyone hitting their due date, I am stuck away at the end of August so it feels AGES away yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Dobbit, congrats on reaching your due date! I'm just a few days away from my due date but I'm with spottybananas, telling myself it's an estimated due date. I actually have the due date+10 days in my head as that's the date I'll be induced if this baby decides it doesn't want to come out.

Is anyone else stressing out over monitoring the baby's movements or is it just me with the paranoia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Allirog chill, I was trying to point out that it isn't a definite baby-must-be-moving-out-by-now date, just an estimated date so not to stress that nothing's happening. My EDD was April 28th so I basically put it in my head that I wouldn't get worked up until May 9th, if it went any longer I had full licence to give out sh!t.

And I'm pretty sure every pregnant woman knows that! No need to point it out and patronise the poor woman. We're all given a due date that we look forward too and out doctor/midwife uses that date too. So I'm pretty sure the whole 'pointing out' is unnecessary.

Obviously I'm well aware that it being my due date doesn't mean I can expect to go into labour today spotty. Maybe my comment earlier in the thread didn't convey that I was kidding about not having pains...

But just because it's *only* my due date doesn't mean I can't be fed up and complain?? Well I will anyway because I want to! :D

Macha wrote: »
    Is anyone else stressing out over monitoring the baby's movements or is it just me with the paranoia?

I'm right with you on that. I think because I'm off work and have no distraction I notice way more when there's less movement if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Macha wrote:

Me too. Think its the same what dobbit said ,I haven't work to distract me.
    I used to take note of all the kicks when I was in work but I dont have a notebook with me all the time now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Ah good to know it's not just me! It's not like the worry will stop when he's on the outside but at least there will be two of us with shared responsibility, not all in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Ah good to know it's not just me!

Not just you for sure! I have the same now! I think it's a bit of a vicious circle really - the more I focus on the movements, the more I freak out that they are not regular enough, and the stress is surely not helping either! However the moment I stop concentrating on the movements that much & work on something else, the party in my belly starts! :-)

Just having the first day of maternity leave today, it will probably take a while before it properly sinks in! I wonder how much time the baba will give me to rest ;-)

My right ankle has really swollen over the last few days, it's the leg that has the bad varicose veins too and it's REALLY hard getting the support socks on and off, even with himself doing it for me. Even slip on shoes are tight and giving me slight pins and needles sometimes. Back at the hosp for routine appointment tomorrow, and every time I mention the veins there's nothing other than the support socks, but I presume the swelling is part and parcel of the last few weeks too. Only another 3 weeks to go!

Oh that sounds awful borderlinemeath. I've found just keeping my feet up, to at least hip height if not a bit higher, really helps. Are you on maternity leave yet?

Dobbit, did you get a sweep at your appointment this week?

Oh that sounds awful borderlinemeath. I've found just keeping my feet up, to at least hip height if not a bit higher, really helps. Are you on maternity leave yet?

I've been putting the foot up at every opportunity, but it's just got to the stage where I'm gaining baby weight so rapidly that the ankle is just expanding big time. Doc today is now referring me for a scan on it, just to rule out a blood clot, as it's very visibly only one ankle and the leg is slightly bigger too. Better to be safe than sorry I suppose. I'm "sort of" on maternity leave, I've cut my workload in half but will officially be working til Friday week.

I've been putting the foot up at every opportunity, but it's just got to the stage where I'm gaining baby weight so rapidly that the ankle is just expanding big time. Doc today is now referring me for a scan on it, just to rule out a blood clot, as it's very visibly only one ankle and the leg is slightly bigger too. Better to be safe than sorry I suppose. I'm "sort of" on maternity leave, I've cut my workload in half but will officially be working til Friday week.

Hopefully it gets better soon!

Official induction date booked for Monday, eeek! That's only 3 days before my EDD, so time-wise fair enough, but I am still a bit apprehensive about artificial actions... Hopefully it'll all go smoothly, like the other ladies here mentioned theirs went! :-)

They're talking of using the ribbon first - did our recent mammies have that method also, or did you get the gel straight away?

Good luck emka1984! I have no idea what the ribbon thing is though?

Good luck emka. I have no experience with being induced. Hope everything goes well for you

• Advertisement

I did not because I gave birth to a beautiful little boy last night at 22.30pm!

It was a very dramatic experience starting with my waters breaking on monday morning followed by a 5 hour visit to unit 3 in holles street where they tried to see if my mild cramps would get more intense. When they didn't, they sent me home around half 6, to come back at 9am to be induced but hubby and I ended up coming back at 4am because my contractions were getting regular and painful.

They assessed me, told me I wasn't in labour so started the oxytocin drip early around 8. Well it hit me like a brick wall so ended up having an epidural around 10. Unfortunately it seems the drugs wear off me very fast so after 4 tops up, excruciating back pain, as my little "angel" had turned back to back at the last minute, and no progress beyond 8cm in 12 hours I had an emergency section at 10pm.

Again problems with the drugs not working but I was adamant I didn't want a GA so I asked them to wait to see if the spinal tap would take effect and it did. Unfortunately it seems I developed a temperature during the surgery so me and babs are on the neonatal ward at the moment getting screened for bugs.

Phew, all very dramatic but we are grand so far and I even managed a feed in recovery :)

Also to add to that the staff in holles street have been utterly amazing through the whole thing, so supportive, I won't be able to thank them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Dobbit wrote: »
    Also to add to that the staff in holles street have been utterly amazing through the whole thing, so supportive, I won't be able to thank them enough.

Congrats but that sounds so traumatic. Hope you recover quick.

Also what's a GA?

Congratulations dobbit

je551e wrote:
    Also what's a GA?

Is it general anesthetic? I take it you got a c-section going by that post.
    That must've been scary with the drugs not working !

Congratulations Dobbit! Sounds like a bit of a nightmare trying to get pain relief sorted but it all worked out in the end.

Congratulations Dobbit! As others have said, sounds like it was a tough birth but great to hear you're both OK. Hopefully you'll be home in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Congratulations Dobbit all over you now ! But wow that was a dramatic birth ! Hope you are ok! A beautiful baby boy well done to you enjoy every second ! Except wearing the support socks and the heat !

Congrats Dobbit! Hope the recovery is quick! Enjoy every minute with your baby boy!

• Advertisement

Massive congrats, Dobbit! Sounds like a tough time but you came out the other side! Can't wait to meet him :D

Advertisement