Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26 yrs old and not driving.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm 36 tomorrow and can't drive. It's just never been something I've needed to do. I'll probably start learning next year but one of the things that puts me off is seeing how car reliant many drivers become. Most people I know take the car even for journeys of under .25 of a mile in nice weather. As a walker I find it bizarre and worry I'll get that lazy if I have a car. I walk about 10 miles each day and it keeps me fairly toned. So a car would be handy but not if it disimproves my health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Carpe_Noche

I'm 28 and I've never needed to drive, yet. I've lived in cities for all of my Adult life and I tend to walk everywhere most of the time! I had a few lessons at 21 but never followed through as there was no need. That said, I'll be sorting out refresher lessons and a test in the next year or two, just because there's no harm in learning! Also, my OH drives and I don't want him having to drive all the time whenever we travel.

Advertisement