Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

I just thought it was funny, that's all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Fair enough. :-)

Speaking of funny, I for one can't wait for Ivan on Monday given his certainty that Man C would put Leicester in their place today! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Radio is for life

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Fair enough. :-)

Speaking of funny, I for one can't wait for Ivan on Monday given his certainty that Man C would put Leicester in their place today! :pac:

IM just surprised that newstalk and Funny are in the same sentance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Pathetic stuff from Niall Collins. Trying to make political points over the recent murders in Dublin. And when it's put to him that his party closed Templemore, he says "well FG should have re-opened it sooner".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Pathetic stuff from Niall Collins. Trying to make political points over the recent murders in Dublin. And when it's put to him that his party closed Templemore, he says "well FG should have re-opened it sooner".

And if they'd opened it sooner, he'd have been on saying "They opened it too soon!", or "The resources were poorly deployed!", or "They should have radically changed policing in the country in the past 4 years so that this didn't happen!", or "Why didn't they use mind powers to anticipate these attacks?".

Basically, all politicians are conceited, lying, hypocritical douchebags. Without exception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

And if they'd opened it sooner, he'd have been on saying "They opened it too soon!", or "The resources were poorly deployed!", or "They should have radically changed policing in the country in the past 4 years so that this didn't happen!", or "Why didn't they use mind powers to anticipate these attacks?".

Basically, all politicians are conceited, lying, hypocritical douchebags. Without exception.

Nothing like an election to send douchebaggery levels into overdrive. No incident too big, small or crass to exploit for some cheap point-scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Pat Kenny shilling the "food intolerance" industry and York Test again :rolleyes:. I don't know that there is nothing to these ideas, but PK's totally unquestioning delivery is galling (not so much as it would be if he was still on the public purse, though); update - he read a question on that from a listener, but did not dwell on it. He's generally a good inquisitor, but sometimes drops the ball on what should be asked or fails to follow up to a satisfactory answer. More so since transfer to Newstalk, I wonder... More frantic energeticness, less substance?

Chris embarrassing himself again. He was only short of saying "Well Taoiseach if you dont answer my question, I'm going to scream and scream and squeam".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

He was dead right. Our esteemed leader is let off answering simple questions time and time again - in public and in the Dail.
    That is not democracy.

"There was a report this morning that there are x number of people on trolleys this morning. Minister, are you proud of that?"

Chris needs a smack in the mouth. Somebody in NT needs to talk to him about his childish, petty, immature, populist manner of interviewing.

• Advertisement

He was dead right. Our esteemed leader is let off answering simple questions time and time again - in public and in the Dail.
    That is not democracy.

Agreed, but reiterating the same question over and over again in a petulant tone just comes across as childish. If Chris had just said "Taoiseach, I'm not asking whether you're actively thinking about going into government with FF, I'm asking whether you'll outright rule the possibility of doing so out?", allowed Enda to weasel out of it, then just said "Your lack of an answer is answer in itself, thank you." I think it would have been far more impactful than just shouting "WILL YOU RULE IT OUT!" while one of the handlers is saying "Chris..." in a very condescending tone.

If that gobsh1te says "Battlebus" one more time. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Floppybits

If that gobsh1te says "Battlebus" one more time. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Any pictures of this Battlebus?

148074_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Stop saying battlebus.

gimmick wrote: »
    Stop saying battlebus.

Apt username is apt when discussing Battle Bus. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That Dublin scobie / New Yorker accent hybrid is the worst I've ever heard.
    Why are there so many Americans on Moncrief's show? Most of them spouting nonsense.

You've got to laugh at Newstalk telling the audience to "make sure and tune in for" Yates' predictions, as if he didn't want us to be denied these golden nuggets of wisdom. While speaking to George Hook last week, I think Vincent Browne summed it up best - "This fella (Yates) went in to the prediction business and lost a fortune, proving conclusively that his predictive abilities are close to zero."

And now John Fitzgerald, another man who has proved conclusively that his predictive abilities are close to zero as well.

You've got to laugh at Newstalk telling the audience to "make sure and tune in for" Yates' predictions, as if he didn't want us to be denied these golden nuggets of wisdom. While speaking to George Hook last week, I think Vincent Browne summed it up best - "This fella (Yates) went in to the prediction business and lost a fortune, proving conclusively that his predictive abilities are close to zero."

Well he predicted something like 150/166 correct in the last election...

• Advertisement

Well he predicted something like 150/166 correct in the last election...

Maybe he should have taken more bets on politics than sport then.

Maybe he should have taken more bets on politics than sport then.

I thought the point you were trying to make was that his "prediction abilities are close to zero", yet now you seem to saying he does know what he's talking about and can predict politics?

Your attempts to have a childish dig at someone you don't like are confusing.

I thought the point you were trying to make was that his "prediction abilities are close to zero", yet now you seem to saying he does know what he's talking about and can predict politics? Your attempts to have a childish dig at someone you don't like are confusing.

I'm sorry for confusing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Browne isn't the best business man himself.................

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/vincent-browne-slashes-debt-at-his-firm-by-over-260000-28892367.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

At least Vincent is paying his debts unlike Mick Wallace or going off to the Britain like Ivan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Didn't Yates offer to pay something like 90c on the €1 but was refused leaving him with little other option?

or is that a myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Didn't Yates offer to pay something like 90c on the €1 but was refused leaving him with little other option?

or is that a myth?

Wow, if he genuinely made that offer then I am impressed. But did he just say that after coming back from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

or is that a myth?

Ye she has said that a number of times that he made that offer but the bank refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Why does Oliver Callan's Michael D Higgins do that f*ckin squeak noise all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Is it just me or does Chris like to mention that the Taoiseach didn't do an interview with them a lot?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement