Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How medicated are you?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

You even called it a plant and that is what is it a harmless non addictive plant, people smoke tobacco and hope for the best but turn out addicted ... I only have the odd one, then it turns to a 10 pack next your smoking 20 packs because the government says you can't have 10 cigs anymore because children can afford them.

It's harmless in your opinion. Making me vomit and feel paranoid isn't something I'd consider harmless. My meds don't do that to me, so I'd rather stick with them.

And tbh, I don't know a single person who smokes it pure, so the addiction issue is still there for many, in the form of the tobacco rolled with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Inhalers for the asthma.
    Lemsips for the Ebola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Cannabis isn't an efficient anxiolytic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

valium, lithium and anafranil. Quite the cocktail. mainly anxiety and some depression

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

And see you Colin you go shove your blues, yellows and zimos up your hole I hear they give you a better buzz that way bud ;)

Ya should be on abbey st with the rest of them ya fool

If I had left out calling him a fool would I still have been warned? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

It's harmless in your opinion. Making me vomit and feel paranoid isn't something I'd consider harmless. My meds don't do that to me, so I'd rather stick with them.

And tbh, I don't know a single person who smokes it pure, so the addiction issue is still there for many, in the form of the tobacco rolled with it.

What happened to you is called going green or pulling a whitey, it happens mostly to people who smoke strong cannabis the first time, but can happen occasionally to us stoners when we smoke too much of the good stuff

And this is probably the worst side effect if that is what you want to call it, and sure paranoia keeps you alive :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

What happened to you is called going green or pulling a whitey, it happens mostly to people who smoke strong cannabis the first time, but can happen occasionally to us stoners when we smoke too much of the good stuff

And this is probably the worst side effect if that is what you want to call it, and sure paranoia keeps you alive :pac:

First time? I've smoked it more times than I can count :pac: it happens every single time, whether it's a drag of some cheap crap, or a full joint of home grown white widow.

Paranoia isn't something I enjoy having. I'd much rather live without it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I used to smoke cannabis regularly like everyday about 14 years ago and the paranoia was too much in the end. I've no problem with people smoking it but it made me seriously paranoid and brought on panic attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

LMAO Junkies, I have taken prescription meds and trust me I am a pimp in fairness... They are much worse then cannabis,

The only cannabis that can harm you is stuff that is sprayed or not grown to proper standards.

Cannabis is a wonder drug and about 30% of the world know this, the other 50% are just law abiding citizens haha that take legal drug and the other 20% would never touch a drug even if they are told they need it.

Drugs are drugs no matter where or who they come from, legal or not they still alter the body and mind.

And I made the username when I was 14, about the average age on boards.ie now it seems.

Calling us junkies and you are the stoner. Pot, kettle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

Sclosages wrote: »
    Minus one critical drug thanks to having moved country.

Bag o numb ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

All these people out of their faces on doctor meds, and people slate weeed... Cannabis could be used to treat most if not all of the metal/physical problems people have in this thread.

Cannabis is #1 in my book.

One day you will grow out of your dependence and see things differently maybe if your lucky

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

lukesmom wrote: »
    I used to smoke cannabis regularly like everyday about 14 years ago and the paranoia was too much in the end. I've no problem with people smoking it but it made me seriously paranoid and brought on panic attacks.
    That seems to be a thing with weed LM, just going by my experience it seems to vary quite a bit in its effects on people.

Personally I never got the para vibe, nor ever "pulled a whitey" and back in the day I partook in all sorts of quality, from crap to "why does the back of my head feel like a balloon, but that's cool, actually it's brilliant". As for its safety? Again IME it's not as obviously bad as alcohol and tends not to affect bystanders. You're not gonna get someone getting all punchy and aggro on weed that's for sure and no way are you ever gonna get an overdose. However, I would say that because of its variability on different people it isn't quite the vanilla safe drug it's sometimes made out to be(nor is it the devils baccy) and I've seen that in a couple of people I've known. EG I found it fine, a bit of craic, lots of giggles, at worst a need to sleep it off, whereas Lukesmom found it could make her paranoid too often and it just didn't suit her.

Again going on my own (likely fcuked :D) brain chemistry, coke did nada for me(which also broadly translates to local anesthetics based on a similar chemistry. I need a higher dose, which has been an issue) . Then again given how hyper chatty and wound da fuq up I am sober, it would be akin to bringing coals to Newcastle. :o:D MDMA made be edgy and actually a tad aggressive and in no way "huggy".

IMHO folks and their brain chemistry vary a little too much to make any broad statement about any drug, over the counter or not, but especially the latter.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

So it seems Northern Ireland is the most medicated country in the world (for depression and anxiety.) .

Reading that's like ''Spain is the sunniest country in Europe'' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Irishpimpdude, will you chill it back!?! That sort of annoyance does not do the pro cannabis side any favours.

Yes, weed is good, and has been shown to help with certain conditions, but it's NOT a fucking wonderdrug. It doesn't help with my depression, it doesn't help with kidney disorders, it doesn't help with heart disorders, it doesn't help with liver problems, it doesn't help with bladder problems.

If someone experiences paranoia, by christ, weed can make it a hell of a lot worse.

Do you know why? Because not everyone is the same. The same way different types of antidepressants may not work for different people, or different contraceptive pills don't suit everyone.

Please, PLEASE, for the love of mud, STOP making the pro cannabis side look like gibbering fools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Some people are less medicated than they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

lukesmom wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same. Used to love it but now it's an ordeal if I smoke it.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't even take paracetamol :cool:
    Actually a very dangerous drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same. Used to love it but now it's an ordeal if I smoke it.

different strains produce different effects, find a nice indica/high cbd strain and ya be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I avoid Sativa for that reason, but even still I don't consider any type of weed an effective med for anxiety. I'd still smoke the odd time but it's just for recreation, not therapeutic purposes. Suggesting it could be used as a benzo substitution (like one poster did) is just silly.

different strains produce different effects, find a nice indica/high cbd strain and ya be grand
    Afghan kush and bubba kush were ok. Haze is the worst weed I've ever smoked. Hate the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

This is ireland m8, not like we have a wide selection to choose from, in most cases people are lucky to get some smoke thats not sprayed with brix+ or dipped in sugar water (bulking agents).

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Same as you, was drinking a few beers most nights,then realised it was a slippery slope to being an alcho, now much less, but enjoy them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I'm currently on:

Alemtuzumab once yearly
    Calcichew forte twice daily
    Baclofen as needed
    Lyrica three times a day
    Galfer twice a day
    Escitalopram once a day.

When I get the alemtuzumab I also get steroids, anti-histamines and paracetamol IV. Have had thirteen courses of 1g methylprednisolone steroids (each course 3-5 days) in less than three years. Such fun! Sick of popping pills :(

Was on Ibuprofen and Codeine recently but got a bad proteinuria result so off all medication and alcohol for a while.

Girlfriend is on a few things for Lupus. Medrol being the main fuker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Have yet to be on prolonged medication thankfully, nothing much more severe than a prescription to banish a persistent cough or cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Fingolimod once a day for MS
    Vitamin D high dose

Not too bad so far but probably in ten or twenty years I'll be rattling with pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

ash23 wrote: »
    Fingolimod once a day for MS
    Vitamin D high dose
    Ditto on the Fingolimod, not so ditto on the Vitamin D. I tried that for a while about 6 years ago, and after about a year I developed a kidney stone. I can't prove a causal link, but I stopped the Vit.D and have had no problems on that score since. Vit.D increases calcium uptake, and I think I was getting plenty of calcium anyway. I'm self-medicating with sea kelp, after some minor weirdness made me suspect I was a bit low on iodine, and it did help.

To anyone wondering what Fingolimod is, it's derived from some crazy Chinese fungus that hijacks the brains of insects, turning them in to zombies. It's eye-wateringly expensive if you were to pay retail, which we thankfully don't.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement