Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Australia match thread, Saturday 22nd Nov. KO 4:30PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭phog

nerd69 wrote: »
    some people will never be happy. we could win the world cup and you'd still get the odd person complaining about selection some people are best ignored

You could be delighted with a win but still question a team selection. There is absolutely nothing wrong in questioning a team selection, however, hoping a team loses or a particular player has a bad game or picks up an injury is another thing altogether.

shuffol wrote: »
    Could you imagine if Ireland muddled their way through the 2013 and Kidney got a contract extension, not a hope would we have had the year we just did. I think it's understandable that some people would've been relieved to see us lose a dead rubber against Italy if it meant bringing his reign to an end.

I was at the game as were hundreds/thousands of other Irish supporters I doubt any of them were relieved with the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

What time is it due to start raining at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Do coaches ever quit? Would you expect a player to drop himself? It's his job and his livelihood and he obviously believed in what he was doing.

It was faintly ridiculous the amount of support he had til the end but feck it lads, we're playing Australia today under Joe and I'm excited.
    Eddie O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

In work today, one of the women in the office actually asked if this match was important.

What the hell is wrong with people these days; are they born this stupid?

As far as I understand it, this is a friendly match as there is nothing much tangible at stake. Unlike last week's friendly,
    which Ireland were expected to win easily, this is more important as victory will require extended effort and would
    allow favourable comparison against England and whoever else's friendly results while boosting confidence and
    giving us something to pretend we won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

jacothelad wrote: »
    Eddie O

Declan Kidney as well, Leinster fans should remember!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Um.. McKenzie the Australian head coach quit at the start of the November tours.
    jacothelad wrote: »
    Eddie O

pfft. whatever.

Point taken but I don't think McKenzie really counts in this context. He didn't leave because of results. EOS is a fairer shout though.

Anyways, Australia!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Cool music

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Declan Kidney as well, Leinster fans should remember!

Thought that Kidney's contract wasn't renewed?

Eddie may have technically resigned but not until he had negotiated a payoff so I'm not sure that that counts as a resignation in the traditional understanding of the term.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah, Eddie got a very handsome payoff.

Kidney resigned from Leinster to go back and coach Munster. Not really relevant!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Why does the end of this match clash with the All Blacks game in Cardiff, that's annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Why does the end of this match clash with the All Blacks game in Cardiff, that's annoying.
    BBC NI don't have rights to Ireland Autumn tests so they won't cater to Irish fans sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I just can't see Australia not turning up here. They've talked in the media about Ireland having taken their ranking position of 3rd. Cheika will want to do well against us and they're coming off a loss to France. Everything is set for them to have a big performance.

If we can win today it'll really lay down a marker about where we lie in world rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Cheika is always very humble in his interviews. Spoke highly about his time in Leinster as shaping his coaching career.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Did Olding play for Ulster last night? Looks like he's the 24th man.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It feels so wrong listening to George trying to say what Joe should and shouldn't do.

G'wan Ireland

From Twitter

Ruckin Good Stats (@ruckingoodstats) tweeted at 4:18 PM on Sat, Nov 22, 2014:
    Get free real time team stats for Ireland v Australia
    http://t.co/ThWCLAdncB
    Username
    TRC
    Click sign in, no password needed
    #IREvAUS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Expect a highly entertaining and tough game. I believe we have the much stronger pack and will give us a great platform but australia will be very determined to get a win after last weeks loss.
    Hoping we have a decent lead before the ozzies empty there bench of Genia,copper and Beale. Absolutely game breakers there.

Ireland to win by 6-10

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Don't need these backing singers when you have POM :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Jaysus, the High Kings.

Jurys Cabaret Oirish nonsense.

Let's just have the crowd sing the damned anthems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Bloody Irelands Call.we just don't need it

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Jaysus, the High Kings.

Jurys Cabaret Oirish nonsense.

Let's just have the crowd sing the damned anthems.

Scotland don't even use a band to play the music and it's electric.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Bloody Irelands Call.we just don't need it

Well we do...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

Great hit by Zebo.

Kanrith wrote: »
    Great hit by Zebo.

Came up well, nearly knocked himself out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good busy start by Zebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Australia looking very dangerous with ball in hand already.

Great turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I really hope Murray doesnt make a habit of kicking it to Folau.

• Advertisement

Pity Darcy didn't see Zebo there, clear run up along the touch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement