Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Australia match thread, Saturday 22nd Nov. KO 4:30PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

vienne86 wrote: »
    Just as I was about to check who the ref is for tomorrow, I read this:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/top-rugby-ref-nigel-owens-finds-himself-centre-of-twitter-attention-over-flight-delay-30762865.html

Aer Lingus haven't come out of this too well.

This is a total non-story. Flight was delayed. It happens. Ryanair gets free publicity from idiot media.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Owens isn't actually refereeing though? I thought Glen Jackson was referee and Owens was touch judge, but that report suggests otherwise?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ultimate Rugby says Glen is ref and it never lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »
    Owens isn't actually refereeing though? I thought Glen Jackson was referee and Owens was touch judge, but that report suggests otherwise?

That's cos they didn't understand the tweet when Nige clearly said he was AR1 for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Bods 'out the back door' pass for the try came from a deep turnover iifc

Had a quick look at the tries v Italy:
    Trimble try. Quick tap pen in Irish 22. VGood exploitation of space.

Healy try. Quick tap pen in Ita 22
    Sexton try. Started from Irish scrum (Bod offload)
    Cronin try. (turnover). Started from lineout in Ita 22. Italy turned the ball over at break down & Ireland immediately turned it back

McFadden try. Started from lineout in Ita 22
    McGrath try. From Ita restart

I would love to see is a bit more of this from Ireland. (1:09:10)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Should be a sellout tomorrow i'd imagine.

I'm looking for a ticket, but haven't had a sniff so far. There were plenty for the match this time last year, but a year under Joe Schimdt has really got people excited about Irish rugby.

Should be a great buzz inside and around the stadium, and evening kickoffs always help. Hope the weather improves though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,202 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

This has been sold out ages ago

There was someone trying to sell a ticket on here only a few minutes ago... Ulster_beef?

DDC1990 wrote: »

I'm looking for a ticket, but haven't had a sniff so far. There were plenty for the match this time last year, but a year under Joe Schimdt has really got people excited about Irish rugby.

Should be a great buzz inside and around the stadium, and evening kickoffs always help. Hope the weather improves though.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057331182

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

DDC1990 wrote: »

Thanks Dregin. Yes, I have a spare one. Face value and all that. Back row "small end" behind posts is best description

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    This has been sold out ages ago

Yeah, by sellout, I mean 51,000+ sitting down at the match. Poor use of words by me!

South Africa was a sellout officially, but "only" 48,834 went through the gate.

Ireland vs NZ last year was 51,000, this might be like that, with the hype behind the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

could be my last home match for a while as tickets for the 6 nations will be very scarce and im in the irsc and the mrsc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,027 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Was the one good thing about Croke Park, even if it's not a great rugby venue, was freely available tickets for 6N games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Was the one good thing about Croke Park, even if it's not a great rugby venue, was freely available tickets for 6N games.

It was the first thing I thought of when we were moving back to Landsdowne Road. For a while I wasn't too fussed about going to watch Ireland, but now, like a lot of people, I want to be there. Anyway, I'll go in for every lottery I can find.....I see Greyhound Recycling are running one!

It was the first thing I thought of when we were moving back to Landsdowne Road. For a while I wasn't too fussed about going to watch Ireland, but now, like a lot of people, I want to be there. Anyway, I'll go in for every lottery I can find.....I see Greyhound Recycling are running one!

I went to nearly every game in Croker. Decided the games weren't worth the money anymore at some point, though obviously continued to watch and support. But yeah would like to go too

Talk about bizzare timing. I was just writing a PM back to ulster_beef to take the ticket when my cousin rings me asking if I could take a ticket off his hands as a Christmas present.

So Ulster_Beef still has that ticket in case anyone wanted it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

They might have been freely available in Croker but they were very very expensive.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    They might have been freely available in Croker but they were very very expensive.

Not the Hill or so-called restricted view seats.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I went to Ire v Wales and was on the hill, I think the price was 60euro.

I could see F all too as you were so far away from the pitch.

Not the Hill or so-called restricted view seats.
    I love that Croke Park has a great view from practically every seat.

I was at the Scotland game that we lost, and got it for €30 afaik.

A lot of alcohol consumed after that game! :P

• Advertisement

I went to Ire v Wales and was on the hill, I think the price was 60euro.

I could see F all too as you were so far away from the pitch.

Never paid that much for the Hill, I definitely paid 35 for them a few times. And thought the game was perfectly watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

We all partied. But yeah it was criminal. Awful for atmosphere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I've been at some pretty poor atmosphere in the Aviva.....the bloody bars are too near the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Least Croker never pumped in crowd/drum.noise..

Makes the Aviva seem v,desperate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Why is Genia on the bench these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Minjor wrote: »
    Why is Genia on the bench these days?

His season was plagued with injury and inconsistency I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

the bloody bars are too near the seats.

The Aviva should ban alcohol from the stands like Croke Park. Yay or nay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

The Aviva should ban alcohol from the stands like Croke Park. Yay or nay?

Nay! But the bars should have some sort of restricted timing,closed between 10 minutes in and reopened at half time or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nay! But the bars should have some sort of restricted timing,closed between 10 minutes in and reopened at half time or something.

Or this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah something like this. Would massively reduce the disruption.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement