Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Australia match thread, Saturday 22nd Nov. KO 4:30PM

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

phog wrote: »
    Especially from someone like Sexton, what would he know?

Isn't that a prime example?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

can we get an expiry date on these threads at this stage people have there minds made up any further argument is pointless and repetitive.

Edit: the dressing room incident is new though i dont understand the "thinking about billing the wallabies" they broke it they should fix it dont see the issue

nerd69 wrote: »
    can we get an expiry date on these threads at this stage people have there minds made up any further argument is pointless and repetitive.

Edit: the dressing room incident is new though i dont understand the "thinking about billing the wallabies" they broke it they should fix it dont see the issue

What do you expect? They're from an island of convicts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Aboriginies weren't convicts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

original :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

So what you're saying is....it's our own fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

FFS, a member of the Aussie support staff accidentally damaged a part of the dressing room.

They let the IRFU know that evening.

They offered to pay for the damages.

The only reason that this should be a story is that a Door (or possibly a hole in a wall in some reports) in the Aviva costs 8k, or that the IRFU are only CONSIDERING taking the payment from the Aussies! :P

These comments like "stay classy" are ridiculous. Its not like they were that bothered over an Autumn International loss at the end of their season, or they had anything to be aggrieved over. Assuming that because damage was done, means that the dressing rooms were deliberately smashed up is real tabloid shít.

EDIT: Ugh just read the sub-headline on the Indo... "Sore losers cause damage to dressing rooms" and they even quote the Star, as a reputable source. They are worst then the tabloids to me because they masquerade as a real newspaper.

Well I meant my comment as a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Well I meant my comment as a joke

not very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Cheika smashed the hell out of a window when he was Tahs coach right?

Tbh I think it's okay that once in a while players lash out when they lose a match. I'd rather they smashed up a door (which probably didn't look that expensive), then spear tackle or gouge someone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm sure the dressing rooms in Lansdowne Road are fairly well insured. wink.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I know you meant that as a joke...but the reality is that many of those so-called convicts were actually the Irish poor, sent to Australia for such hideous crimes as stealing a bit of bread during the potato famine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Swiwi. wrote: »
    I know you meant that as a joke...but the reality is that many of those so-called convicts were actually the Irish poor, sent to Australia for such hideous crimes as stealing a bit of bread during the potato famine...

They were sent to New Zealand too ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,227 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

They were sent to New Zealand too ;)

Quite possibly. The Aussie constitution still formally offers us a place at their table as the 8th state...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm sure you are all familiar with the story of the guy applying for an Australian residence permit and work visa and was asked if he had a criminal record.

To which his reply was that he didn't think you still needed one....

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

So now we know that Murray has "delayed concussion" from the Australia game.

Was it really delayed though? Should he have been allowed back on?

He was gone for four minutes. How any doctor could deduce that a player is not concussed in such a short period of time is beyond me.

A bit worrying tbh.

We don't know. The people best qualified to answer that are the people you seem to be doubting. :)

Would a 10 minute, or 20 minute examination be that much more useful? Unless a rule is introduced: "any head-knock must result in the player being permanently substituted" I'm not sure what more they can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

who_me wrote: »
    We don't know. The people best qualified to answer that are the people you seem to be doubting. :)

Would a 10 minute, or 20 minute examination be that much more useful? Unless a rule is introduced: "any head-knock must result in the player being permanently substituted" I'm not sure what more they can do?

Apologies, deleted my earlier post because I figured the only response possible was 'it's the doctor's call" and obviously none of us have a clue what went on.

I just wonder if he'd had another five minutes to examine Murray, or if the game hadn't been so tight...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Australian RFU have released statement regarding 'the door incident' by the way.

announcement.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

're the concussion thing, didn't the Irish doctor who Was some sort of adviser to IRB resign due to their implementation of the concussion bin because the time allocated was not based on any medical research or best lractise? I may have the details awry but pretty sure the medical authorities have said that ten minutes is insufficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

're the concussion thing, didn't the Irish doctor who Was some sort of adviser to IRB resign due to their implementation of the concussion bin because the time allocated was not based on any medical research or best lractise? I may have the details awry but pretty sure the medical authorities have said that ten minutes is insufficient.

BOD's uncle; Barry O'Driscoll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Trying to remember who got MOTM, was it POC???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

S12b wrote: »
    Trying to remember who got MOTM, was it POC???

Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dolphin3900

This coming Saturday is 26th November, not 22nd, and definitely not 22th.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

This coming Saturday is 26th November, not 22nd, and definitely not 22th.

They definitely played on 22nd November 2014

(Won't spoil the result for you)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement