Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Australia match thread, Saturday 22nd Nov. KO 4:30PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Nay! But the bars should have some sort of restricted timing,closed between 10 minutes in and reopened at half time or something.

I'd rather get my full tickets worth and get into my seat early to be honest :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

In my experience the disruption is caused more by people going to the toilet than going for beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think we need to accept that Irish rugby earns a lot of money off purely social fans, until we can fill it very comfortably for every test. We should cash in on social fans by selling bar tickers that don't actually entitle you to seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think we need to accept that Irish rugby earns a lot of money off purely social fans, until we can fill it very comfortably for every test. We should cash in on social fans by selling bar tickers that don't actually entitle you to seats.

Why would someone buy one of those when they could just go to the pub?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Why would someone buy one of those when they could just go to the pub?

The super bowl sell tickets for the car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    In my experience the disruption is caused more by people going to the toilet than going for beer.

Cause and effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

molloyjh wrote: »
    Cause and effect?

For every action, there is a very unequal and opposite reaction.... 1 pint in....4 pints out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The super bowl sell tickets for the car park.

This isnt the Super Bowl. Thats a million times a bigger event than any Irish rugby match. Isn't a similar example in any way.

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

molloyjh wrote: »
    Cause and effect?

Pretty much, but once you break the seal it doesn't matter if you stop drinking during the game!

In work today, one of the women in the office actually asked if this match was important.

What the hell is wrong with people these days; are they born this stupid?

• Advertisement

In work today, one of the women in the office actually asked if this match was important.

I can understand why fans of other sports don't rate the importance of autumn friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I can understand why fans of other sports don't rate the importance of autumn friendlies.

They automatically compare it to soccer friendlies, which is understandable but inaccurate.

Friendlies are for the bar after a match :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

awec wrote: »
    Pretty much, but once you break the seal it doesn't matter if you stop drinking during the game!

Yeah, I get a beer per half (one before and one at the half) but I do end up going to the toilet during the game quite a bit, especially if its cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Ah, if a non-sports fan was looking at the complete apathy surrounding the soccer team's friendly on Tuesday, probably fair enough that they'd assume the same would apply to the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Minjor wrote: »
    Why is Genia on the bench these days?

Because his form doesn't warrant him starting really, think he's had some injury trouble as of late too. He's still quite young so I'd imagine he'll be back starting again in the not too distant future.

Had a quick look at the tries v Italy:
    Trimble try. Quick tap pen in Irish 22. VGood exploitation of space.

Healy try. Quick tap pen in Ita 22
    Sexton try. Started from Irish scrum (Bod offload)
    Cronin try. (turnover). Started from lineout in Ita 22. Italy turned the ball over at break down & Ireland immediately turned it back

McFadden try. Started from lineout in Ita 22
    McGrath try. From Ita restart

I would love to see is a bit more of this from Ireland. (1:09:10)

Is it normal for teams to canter back in defense like that? Start of the second half and France are so slow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'd rather get my full tickets worth and get into my seat early to be honest :)

As do I but its a pain having to move for lads carrying 5 pints between the seats and having to move for them every 5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Had a quick look at the tries v Italy:
    Trimble try. Quick tap pen in Irish 22. VGood exploitation of space.

Healy try. Quick tap pen in Ita 22
    Sexton try. Started from Irish scrum (Bod offload)
    Cronin try. (turnover). Started from lineout in Ita 22. Italy turned the ball over at break down & Ireland immediately turned it back

McFadden try. Started from lineout in Ita 22
    McGrath try. From Ita restart

I would love to see is a bit more of this from Ireland. (1:09:10)

I still wish BOD had scored that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I still wish BOD had scored that :)

Yeah me too. But he had enough of a fairytale ending really! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I've always felt Henry never got enough credit for his flick pass to Sexton for the first try. If BOD had done it there would have been a shortage of tissues in Ireland!

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah me too. But he had enough of a fairytale ending really! ;)

Trimble was great in that game and he created the opportunity himself but I suspect he gave the pass a fraction too early without really committing the French defender. If he timed it better BOD woukd have had a walk in.

That said it probably worked out for the best. If BOD had scored it would have most likely been in the corner and as well as Jonny played overall in that game he was struggling to knock the kicks over from in front of the posts never mind the right hand corner! We only won by 2 points.

bilston wrote: »
    I've always felt Henry never got enough credit for his flick pass to Sexton for the first try. If BOD had done it there would have been a shortage of tissues in Ireland!

Wow, ridiculous pass and I only just noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

It's great to feel the whole country behind the Irish team. The provincial biases do seem to have taken a backseat recently to the belief that Joe and the other senior coaching staff have plans that they can implement successfully and beat any team in the world if everything clicks. Come on Ireland!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Goldstein wrote: »
    It's great to feel the whole country behind the Irish team. The provincial biases do seem to have taken a backseat recently to the belief that Joe and the other senior coaching staff have plans that they can implement successfully and beat any team in the world if everything clicks. Come on Ireland!

That's why I think Ireland and the coaching panel have to win every game, they've very little room for error.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well infairness to non supporters, you'll often both on here and off, hear fans say the AI's don't matter, they should be used to blood new players etc.. That winning the games isn't the most important thing. So hearing that aligned with the fact there's no tournament I'm sure justifies their confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well infairness to non supporters, you'll often both on here and off, hear fans say the AI's don't matter, they should be used to blood new players etc.. That winning the games isn't the most important thing. So hearing that aligned with the fact there's no tournament I'm sure justifies their confusion!

ya but if we lost all 3 or 2 of 3 of them then people would be questioning the coaches selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

CatFromHue wrote: »
    That's why I think Ireland and the coaching panel have to win every game, they've very little room for error.

Yup. It's easy to forget how much criticism there was of the selections for the SA game. If we'd lost...

Yup. It's easy to forget how much criticism there was of the selections for the SA game. If we'd lost...

Yeah really easy to forget...what criticism was there again???...

On a kind of related point I think some are waiting in the long grass for Schmidt, a defeat even today and some may present themselves...that's the nature of being a test coach I suppose, one defeat and you are under pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

zzzzz......yawn, stretch....sun shining and a great day for rugby. Bring it on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement