Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Get in there you little daisy.

Knew Anderson could do it, this had to be the year.

To not let the amount of points he had on the floor get to him showed savage bottle. He really has the complete game now, better than he was in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

jamesbere wrote: »
    Interesting to see what's Taylor's checkout percentage was 8/16 alone. He had a terrible time on that side of the board.

Baffling that he persevered with it and didn't switch to tops.

Absolutely delighted for Gary. Seems like such a genuinely sound fella. He deserves a world title and it's bound to be such a weight of his shoulders, hopefully he can push on from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Great win from Anderson. One of the best finals you could have asked for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone know how many 177's Taylor had? He seemed to drop down to 19s a lot after hitting 2 trebles, taking that into account I'd say the 2 players would have been fairly equal on "maximums". Great final, hard to believe that the players were aged 54 and 44.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Fair play to Gary. He had a rough year last year with the death of his dad which seemed to hit him hard. He's a completely different player since the birth of his son earlier in the year. I hope he can continue to play as well as this. It would be great for the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

darts is in safe hands when you have the likes of anderson,mvg,lewis,bunting,wade all capable of being world champion,and all of beating each other.. plus the likes of huybrects,keegan brown,smith who clearly have the game to be future champs...its never been as competitive and such a high standard, its fantastic.... ive even left out the old heads like taylor,barney,jenkins,painter,whitlock,jenkins etc ..any of them also have a title in them with a good run of form ...

bring on the prem league :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

WELL DONE GARY ANDERSON!

Wanted to sit and enjoy the final alst night rather than come on here during it. What a final! Drama, Emotion, Passion, Joy and heartache but couldn't have been won by anyone more deserving. I didn't think he would be able to do it against Taylor in the final but he kept his head pretty much throughout and had the confidence in his game and double top to win it.

I think Anderson should be v.grateful to the audience last night. First he had the 180 fall/bounce out then some wanker in the crowd was whistling on his doubles, at this point Anderson's head was in the pits. He was angry, stomping around and throwing harder than he had all match with very little accuracy but then in the blink of an eye everything seemed to go calm again and normal service was resumed after a few punters seems to notice Gary's struggles and started up his chant.

Taylor's pitiful finishing on 16s and 8s along with the failure to hit big checkouts(over the tournament as a whole) have cost him this year. I was surprised he stayed with Andersons scoring so well but IF Taylor had of come out with a win last night it would have been because Anderson lost it.

These boards :eek::mad: I'm sure Unicorn don't want to answer their phones this morning!! lol those eclipse hd boards need sorting it, the eclipse pro boards never had any problems so I wonder whats wrong. It would have been a disgrace if Anderson had lost the match after being so unlucky with fall outs, it made his win all the more deserving.
    Clareman wrote: »
    Anyone know how many 177's Taylor had? He seemed to drop down to 19s a lot after hitting 2 trebles, taking that into account I'd say the 2 players would have been fairly equal on "maximums". Great final, hard to believe that the players were aged 54 and 44.

Taylor 4 170+ scores & Anderson 1. He notoriously drops to 19s for cover shots rather than trying to force another into T20. He's a nightmare to bet on or against in 180s bets, I'm always more likely to bet against him for 180s simply because he'll change to 19s so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Gavlor wrote: »

That's brilliant but let's hope she's not a maths teacher after how long it took her too figure out the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've never seen Taylor miss so many darts at double. He should've won it.

Having said that, Anderson deserved it on that performance in the 9th set alone.

Epic stuff.

Backed "the power" before the quarters. Backed him twice in running last night (3.15 on betfair). Shortly after that he was trading at 1.27. Was tempted to cash out but let it ride. Sick......

But happy for Anderson, particularly considering the Robin Hoods and blunt darts fiasco.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Backed "the power" before the quarters. Backed him twice in running last night (3.15 on betfair). Shortly after that he was trading at 1.27. Was tempted to cash out but let it ride. Sick......

But happy for Anderson, particularly considering the Robin Hoods and blunt darts fiasco.

Good lad! Hate cash outs :mad: commit to your bet, if you didn't think he was gonna win then you shouldn't have bet in the first place. I actually think bookies should scrap this cash out balls during an event & believe it should only be offered up until the last event starts, example 10 team accumulator with 9 winners on a Saturday you can cash out up until start of the last match on Sunday

Last nights final was the most watched PDC final ever on sky with about 1.6mil.....more than the Ryder Cup!

Thats a nice little fact to throw back at any idiots you encounter with "darts isn't even a sport" attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Devastator wrote: »
    Last nights final was the most watched PDC final ever on sky with about 1.6mil.....more than the Ryder Cup!

Thats a nice little fact to throw back at any idiots you encounter with "darts isn't even a sport" attitude

Great for the Sport. It's only going to get bigger and bigger. I'd say Dartboard sales are well up this period ;)

ftse100 wrote: »
    Great for the Sport. It's only going to get bigger and bigger. I'd say Dartboard sales are well up this period ;)

Yeah the world championships have done all of Winmau's advertising for the next 12 months lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Good lad! Hate cash outs :mad: commit to your bet, if you didn't think he was gonna win then you shouldn't have bet in the first place. I actually think bookies should scrap this cash out balls during an event & believe it should only be offered up until the last event starts, example 10 team accumulator with 9 winners on a Saturday you can cash out up until start of the last match on Sunday

Exactly...deleted it completely off my accounts causes too much pondering and can more often than not ruin a winner ,doubts always entering your head when there's a cash out option,commit and stick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any link for this? That's huge figures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Shedite27 wrote: »

Jeez would ya just believe the man.

https://twitter.com/LaureJames/status/552112586494590977

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I loved Anderson's answer to, are you the best player in the world?
    "There is a saying, every dog has his day, and today is mine"

The best winner of the pdc world tittle ever! :)

Jeez would ya just believe the man.

Sorry, not that I don't believe him, just wanted to show it to a non-believer friend and linking to a thread on boards doesn't have the same impact :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

And do you know what really galled me, RTE sports news at 7:35am gave one line at the very end of the segment after sh1ting on about soccer, GAA. horse racing and even some non event basketball match. The line was Phil Taylor won the PDC darts final last night against Gary Anderson.

We are paying them c*nts the tv licence and what do we get one line and it's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

Just seen this on another darts forum, Edward Lowry from Unicorn apologises for the boards used during the tournament.

Clearly there were issues in Chizzys first round match and in the Final. We have both of those boards here for review. At this stage, I think those boards are a little hard. The board from the Final last night helpfully has a particular hard spot around the treble 20.

As the darting intelligensia on this fine forum know, bristle boards are made from sisal, a natural material. Being natural, it is not entirely consistent. The manufacturing process compresses the sisal to give an acceptable density across the surface of the board but it can and does happen that hard spots occur. I'm 'fessing up here on behalf of Unicorn but this can and does happen to all brands. Having just turned on Lakeside, James Wilson just lost his fourth dart in only the third set. It happens!

A hard spot of course is unforgiving to lighter throws, and more acute angles of arrival of a dart. In both matches it was generally only one of the players who had difficulties.

Eclipse HD has performed pretty well on TV and the PDC circuit during 2014. Live worldwide TV is not the most sympathetic viewer, we have subjected Eclipse Pro and Eclipse HD to scrutiny for many years now so have to live and die by instant judgements. Hopefully, in more objective moments, people will appreciate how many darts stay in the board compared to the few that are lost. For us, as darts fans ourselves, a single dart on the floor is one too many and we will continue to work hard to always reduce lost scores.

Fabulous evening at Ally Pally last night, every nerve shredded. Gary truly won that contest, I don't think there was anything or anyone who was going to stand between him and the trophy.

Kind regards

Edward

Gotya wrote: »
    I loved Anderson's answer to, are you the best player in the world?
    "There is a saying, every dog has his day, and today is mine"

The best winner of the pdc world tittle ever! :)

Am I missing something?

It's a standard cliche but it wasn't a particularly good answer in that doesn't really answer the question.

I take it the last line is tongue in cheek.

What's the standard lifespan for a big tournament dartboard? Do they change it every night? Every few sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

What's the standard lifespan for a big tournament dartboard? Do they change it every night? Every few sets?

Every match for televised majors. For the weekly players championship tour matches they'll rotate the board between matches to even out the wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

The one in my local was changed for the millennium celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The one in my local was changed for the millennium celebrations

I've seen the one in my local taken down and being tapped on the fireplace to get the dust and debris off it before a match.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Am I missing something?

It's a standard cliche but it wasn't a particularly good answer in that doesn't really answer the question.

I take it the last line is tongue in cheek.

Anderson is just a sound lad. No BS like saying he is unbeatable and the best there is right now,
    He wasn't going on like the likes of Lewis when he won. I like Lewis.
    Anderson is the best winner of the pdc tittle there has ever been, because of the same facts.

Gotya wrote: »
    Anderson is just a sound lad. No BS like saying he is unbeatable and the best there is right now,
    He wasn't going on like the likes of Lewis when he won. I like Lewis.
    Anderson is the best winner of the pdc tittle there has ever been, because of the same facts.

Oh. You mean he is the nicest?

I guess that is pretty subjective. I've met him in the darts in Killarney and he was perfectly nice alright. But for me whether a player is nice or not is not that relevant, and when someone refers to a sportsman being the best they mean in terms of ability or success...and clearly while he is a fine champion he is a long way off the best ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

he didnt stand there and sat how great he was, he was even sheepish to go for photos with the trophy, hes quiet and modest
    not like mvg saying how hes unbeatable etc
    thats why anderson is so popular amoung dart fans , its hard not to like him
    even if he is a rangers fan lol

Advertisement