Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Cause 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So what's the feeling on this one?

Some of the reviews I see are mixed, talking about a lot of repetition and glitches.
    Same criticisms as the first 2 then and they were 2 of my fav games of all time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Love the fact that the Xbox One version of this will include (presumably a download for) Just Cause 2.

Will wait to see what the review are like and decide then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The reviews of JC2 didn't exactly shower it with praise. It was when Yahtzee of zero punctuation made it game of year I decided to try it out. Then it became one of my all time favorites. Not paying as much attention to some reviews this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Would I be better off getting this on PC or Xbox One? The fact that it's so cheap on CDkeys for the PC version has me worrying that it's some kind of crap/rushed port of the console version. Pre-ordered Pro Evo for the PC at a similar price-cut and it turned out the console versions were better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

all that stuff was ridiculously fun but I'm worried it will be just like JC2 once the novelty wore off and missions had to be done it was just the same set of missions repeated in different locations on the map :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

all that stuff was ridiculously fun but I'm worried it will be just like JC2 once the novelty wore off and missions had to be done it was just the same set of missions repeated in different locations on the map :(

this is what's worrying me about it too but even if that is the case, up until that point, JC2 was ****ing incredible fun and well worth the money

the addition of the wingsuit will hopefully bump the time-to-boredom up quite a bit too, that looks brilliant

But the main storyline missions in Just Cause 2 were some of the best fun you could have:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I watched 30 seconds of that video, I don't need to see any more, I'm buying this game at the weekend. I bought goat simulator based on less animal cruelty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Looks pretty fun. Good to see them focusing on sandbox stuff... I just wonder how long it lasts, though. I loved JC2 myself but I didn't feel it lasted as long as other people thought it did. Multilpayer mod was awesome, though.

I'm surprised they haven't added a first person view mode. GTA did that... it works great as an option for sandbox games and it would've been incredible for the amount of flying around you do. Imagine being in a jet in first person, hopping out and doing a fly-by snipe. Much better with first person. Even better with VR support :O

About the video above. Says it's not sponsored yet has a store link in the description. The physics on the animals look better than on the people :P Not that big a deal, though. Hope they up the blood. Shooting people left no splatters on surfaces. Would've liked to see some dismemberment too, especially with the hookshot. Pull a hellraiser off on someone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

first hour of gameplay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

HA! I'm loving the cover version of Firestarter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Can't wait for this, prob my favourite game on the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Mine came in the post to work today (uk)

Got a gig to go to tonight, regretting my bad planning now!

Performance on Xbox One is ridiculous according to this - www.videogamer.com/ps4/just_cause_3/news/just_cause_3_can_drop_to_17fps_on_xbox_one_suffer_15_minute_load_times_report.html
    The Xbox One version of Just Cause 3 suffers from significant memory leak issues, according to an early technical test from NX Gamer, leading to "incredibly long load times" and problems with the game's AI and physics during extended play sessions.

In fact, playing the game for more than an hour at a time can lead to load times of up almost 15 minutes and issues with the game's performance, with the framerate said to drop as low as 17 frames per second.

I'm lucky enough to have a PS4 and Xbox One and was edging towards the Xbox version in order to get Just Cause 2 as well. At this stage I'm going to hold off a little and see if more sites report this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Performance on Xbox One is ridiculous according to this -

I'm lucky enough to have a PS4 and Xbox One and was edging towards the Xbox version in order to get Just Cause 2 as well. At this stage I'm going to hold off a little and see if more sites report this.
    Well I've only a One, will hold off to see if they can fix it before I dive in and buy it. Thank you for the heads up though.

Yeah, hopefully they can patch it.

On the bright side if this is as bad as that site claims sales might tank and we can pick it up on the cheap all patched up later. :D

I'm just waiting on technical PC overview. No framecap, responsive 1:1 aiming, no weird performance drops for things that shouldn't be causing it, modability.

More than ever it seems like it should have some multilayer capability. I wonder if we'll get multiplayer mod for this one, too. Lord knows how they did it for 2. I probably won't pick it up until I know it has all the above performance standards and then multilayer.

Also first-person mod is mandatory at this point. Look at that potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'm just waiting on technical PC overview. No framecap, responsive 1:1 aiming, no weird performance drops for things that shouldn't be causing it, modability.

More than ever it seems like it should have some multilayer capability. I wonder if we'll get multiplayer mod for this one, too. Lord knows how they did it for 2. I probably won't pick it up until I know it has all the above performance standards and then multilayer.

Also first-person mod is mandatory at this point. Look at that potential.

Jeez you don't ask for much do you?

As far as pc performance ive heard reports on some people experiencing it but ive seen none in the first 2 hours of play so may depend on your setup more than anything else.

1:1 aiming? not exactly sure what you mean but its exactly the same as it was in JC2

They did have the multiplayer mod makers for the previous game in to the studio during development at some stage to take a look at it. They arent gonna directly support it but they are helping as much as they can.

Also having played it for a bit I think a 1st person mod would be great but impossible to play the game well with.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »

As far as pc performance ive heard reports on some people experiencing it but ive seen none in the first 2 hours of play so may depend on your setup more than anything else.

1:1 aiming? not exactly sure what you mean but its exactly the same as it was in JC2

They did have the multiplayer mod makers for the previous game in to the studio during development at some stage to take a look at it. They arent gonna directly support it but they are helping as much as they can.

Also having played it for a bit I think a 1st person mod would be great but impossible to play the game well with.

Everything I mentioned except modding has been in games decades old so it's just standards. The reason I mention them is they're kinda rare these days.

Just meant mouse acceleration or overall bad aiming. Console-released shooters haven't been the best for aiming. I haven't seen anyone play it on PC yet only console footage. The main problem seems to be weapon damage and accuracy as usual. It looks better to just hookshot everyone than bother shooting. Back to the sniper again?

lso having played it for a bit I think a 1st person mod would be great but impossible to play the game well with.

Yeah... usually first person mods are pretty crap. But who knows. I think the game would be very playable if the first person mod was done well. There's lots of instances from videos I've seen where first person would give a slight advantage. It would just be important to be able to switch between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So it's out now.
    Anyone get it and done anything crazy...or are we all still occupied with F04 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Performance on my PC is dogsh1t. Major stuttering, akin to what plagued Batman: Arkham Knight. Almost identical. It seems to mostly happen in tandem with 100% HD usage, but not always. Tried disabling steam overlay, tried offline mode, running it in a borderless window. No dice.

Maybve im one of the lucky ones but ive ran into zero problems on PC and I wouldn't describe my system as beefy

How is the Xbox version running now for those that tried it ?

How is the Xbox version running now for those that tried it ?

Havent tried it but I have heard its the worst of all 3 versions

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

This game is on my Steam wish list.
    I am going to get it, as soon as the bugs are resolved and the price drops below 40€.
    Do not buy games on day 1, even more, do not preorder. Every game out there is in Beta, not to say Alpha.
    Stop paying money for unfinished work.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Got it on PS4 this morning in the post.

Played for a few hours, game is amazing just like Just Cause 2.

Wing suit is fantastic for getting around combined with the parachute and grapple hook

I'm delighted with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Wizard! wrote: »
    This game is on my Steam wish list.
    I am going to get it, as soon as the bugs are resolved and the price drops below 40€.

It's €30 on CDkeys.

I've played about five hours and haven't noticed anything game-breaking. There's a bit of a frame-rate drop with big explosions but that being said, I do have the settings pushed a bit higher that the recommended for my card, a 960M, so it's probably be smoother if I optimized it.

As for the game itself, it's just like a shinier Just Cause 2, and I mean that as a compliment. Again, I've only limited time put into it but it's serious fun and the scope to get creative with your destruction is HUGE. It is a bit annoying that the actual gunplay is so innacurate but it does push your towards being more adventurous.

Advertisement