Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Cause 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DragonBourne

Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They should really focus on the detail in the mayhem. Being able to specifically pull off a vehicle's door with the hookshot, shoot from hanging onto any part of veichle/terrain, multiple hookshot lines (that can possibly even be used as traps for oncoming cars) and things like that is what allows people to create their own unique setups and is what makes the series fun so I really hope there is massive potential for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

All of the yes. Looks great. I hope they improve car handling while they're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Looks like it will be pretty fun to play just like the last one. I picked that up quite cheaply after it had been out a while. I can see myself doing the same here as there will be a lot of competition late in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I will be buying this no question and as soon as the 2nd one goes on sale on steam again I'll be picking it up to play with the madness that is the multiplayer mod which the creators of were subsequently hired by avalanche to make the multiplayer for this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ten features from the trailer
    1. The Wingsuit

The Wingsuit will allow Rico to swoop across Medici at breakneck speeds, using the grapple hook to slingshot through caves and tunnels, as well as under bridges and down mountainsides.

2. Multi-tether

The grapple hook has taken a big leap forwards since the last game, with one of the biggest features being the ability to tether up to 5 things together. There are so many opportunities for creative destruction whether it be creating car catapults or hanging a bus from a helicopter and using it as wrecking ball.

3. MASSIVE Explosions

Medici is a world that is packed with petrol stations, electrical substations and huge fuel tanks that are just asking to go “boom”, every explosion has the potential to trigger another which will create an epic chain of fiery destruction.

4. Cascading Destruction

JC3 has a new physics-based destruction system which means that everything breaks, crumbles and falls apart in real-time, according to your actions – nothing is pre-canned.

5. The “Reeled Hang”

Another new grapple technique which will allow Rico to adopt this unique position when hooking onto the underside of anything in the world, allowing him to unleash chaos from above, even when upside down.

6. Destructible Vegetation

Not even the plants and trees can avoid Rico’s wrath. Blowing trees to bits with rockets, smashing through fences and vineyards in buses…even the downforce of low flying helicopter rotors will flatten beautiful fields of lavender or sunflowers.

7. Monorail trains

Monorails are a completely new addition to the Just Cause vehicle mix, bringing with it a wealth of creative opportunities for those who like to take a walk on the wild side.

8. Serious Miniguns

There’s nothing “mini” about this bullet-spraying behemoth. When wielding this, Rico can carve through just about anything in his path, like a hot knife through butter.

9. Bridge Destruction

Shoot out the struts from below, or lay your unlimited C4 on the asphalt to blast huge holes through the road and send your pursuers crashing down to earth in your wake.

10. Stunting

Rico can now walk freely across the top of all the vehicles found in Medici, from the wings of planes, the tops of monorail trains to the bonnets and boots of automobiles. This allows him even more freedom, running and grappling from one rooftop to another and performing crazier stunts than ever before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks great , I'll get it and play it over xmas hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

That looks suitably mental. *nods approvingly*

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Film Making 101 - Show, don't tell.

That narration added precisely nothing to that trailer other than to make it worse. Literally everything he said was simultaneously shown on screen. It is making me sad.

• Advertisement

^ I muted the video and played some tunes while watching the gameplay.

Overall it looks like a better game but I feel like we really need to see some players have a go at it before we can really get a sense of the freedom of destruction available. Blowing up bridges... ok we get it. What else? All the same ****? Step it up, lads.

It's funny seeing them add the multi hookshot mod as a basic feature now. Good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hmmm, looking forward to it but did they have to have you blowing up the exact same petrol stations/fuel tanks/refineries/dictator statues etc etc as the other 2? Could be getting a bit repetitive the third time round...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This game needs to be harder, give plentiful ammo for the good guns and drop in coop.

Thats it really other than that more of the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

No co-op apparently. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Never played any of these games.... but damn this looks fun.... and I do enjoy me some fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

James74 wrote: »
    Film Making 101 - Show, don't tell.

Martin Scorsese disagrees

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Touché

...anyway, about those 'splosions, cool eh?

Dair76 wrote: »
    No co-op apparently. :(

I wonder if the multiplayer mod will appear for JC3.

CJeZiTZXAAAmb_A.jpg:large

• Advertisement

A model of the grappling hook launcher? Its not the lamest thing Ive ever seen with a collectors edition but its up there with the worst. They would have been better off just giving out a nice grappling hook with some paracord.

That wingsuit is so slick, still only Just Cause 2.1 for the rest though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

Thargor wrote: »
    That wingsuit is so slick, still only Just Cause 2.1 for the rest though.

2.7 at least

Seriously cant wait for this.

41 minutes of PC gameplay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So what's the feeling on this one?

Some of the reviews I see are mixed, talking about a lot of repetition and glitches.

Advertisement