Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Cause 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Never played the first 2 but watched enough gameplay videos on YouTube to be excited for this lol. The scale of those games was actually pretty impressive, wonder how the 3rd will compare to other game world's like far cry 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never played the first 2 but watched enough gameplay videos on YouTube to be excited for this lol. The scale of those games was actually pretty impressive, wonder how the 3rd will compare to other game world's like far cry 4

Please go play number 2 its such a fun game and very cheap now I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I wonder will there be multiplayer at launch... not that it wouldn't stop the modders if there isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I found the second game a massive chore, it was essentially the same group of missions and objectives copy pasted over the different sections of the world 4 or 5 times. The core gameplay was great but I couldn't see passed it's lazy repetitiveness.

I'd be open to a new game if they were to mix it up more.

Can't find the link now but there were some leaked screens of JC3 leaked last week that showed microtransactions for things like renting vehicles for a few days with both in game and real world money , could be early development stuff and not final game stuff .......... I hope. I believe they were very early screens though these days a stunt like that would be far from surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I enjoyed JC2 for a while but it got very repetitive. The game mechanics were excellent though, if they could structure a story around it I think it could be a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The main storyline in JC2 was VERY cheesy, but I did find the free-roaming / sandbox play a lot of fun. Yes, it was very repetitive in terms of "do these tasks in 100s of locations", but there were so many ways of approaching it that it added a lot of variety. On foot/bike/boat/car/tank/chopper/fighter/airliner. Hop from one to the other. Tie a bike rider to a building and see him knocked off. Tie a jeep to a helicopter and drop it on top of a mountain, and ride the jeep all the way down.

I actually found it less boring than more recent, highly rated games like Shadow of Morder and AC: Black Flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

FYI Just cause 2 on sale on steam today for €2.99

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Very happy about all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone actually finish 1 or 2?

40 odd hours playing 2 and doubt I am even close to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone actually finish 1 or 2?

40 odd hours playing 2 and doubt I am even close to the end.

Finished 2 was about 60 hours, but was taking my sweet time. Played the first after that but it's pretty bad in comparison.

I Put about 50 hrs into 2 but I cant remember if I finished it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I never finished 2. But Christ did I love the game.

Spent two whole hours trying to jump out of a helicopter and fall back inside it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

60 hours for 3 quid on Steam.

Value.

Excuse me while i go and attach soldiers to gas canisters and shoot them into the air

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

calex71 wrote: »
    I found the second game a massive chore, it was essentially the same group of missions and objectives copy pasted over the different sections of the world 4 or 5 times. The core gameplay was great but I couldn't see passed it's lazy repetitiveness.

I'd be open to a new game if they were to mix it up more.

Can't find the link now but there were some leaked screens of JC3 leaked last week that showed microtransactions for things like renting vehicles for a few days with both in game and real world money , could be early development stuff and not final game stuff .......... I hope. I believe they were very early screens though these days a stunt like that would be far from surprising.
    Dont agree, that might have been true for JC1 but the story related missions in JC2 were absolutely spectacular, really well designed, assaulting mountain fortresses, chasing down rockets in a MiG, too much other stuff to mention. One of my favourite games of all time, cant wait for 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I liked the idea of 2 but I didnt love it, too may missions revolved around "kill all the enemies" and the minimap was no help at telling you their relative altitude in comparison to you. spent hours trying to find one guy who was perched atop a skyscraper nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

please-be-good-please-be-good-please-be-good!

So its gonna be out for christmas 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr.Buzz

That's a long wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Looks like the wingsuit is getting popular. Good.

It's a long wait but it's perfect. I'm planning on building a PC. I'll have everything I need to run it smoothly come Xmas. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Liked JC2,

I didnt like having to blow up every air conditioner, water tower or signpost to capture an area.

Liked JC2,

I didnt like having to blow up every air conditioner, water tower or signpost to capture an area.

Still though rob a jet plane and blowing the sht out of everything was uber fun. One thing I kept trying to do but never got to accomplish was attach a statue head to an aeroplane. Anyone else get this work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Turtwig wrote: »
    Still though rob a jet plane and blowing the sht out of everything was uber fun. One thing I kept trying to do but never got to accomplish was attach a statue head to an aeroplane. Anyone else get this work?

Never tried that. I did manage it with the helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hmmm, exact same dictator statues, church towers, oil refineries, vehicles, aircraft, terrain, weapons etc etc. Hope they have a lot of good missions ready to go because that looks like a HD texture pack not a sequel, I played the **** out of 2 though so Ill probably still get it, the plot missions were some of the most fun you can have in a game...

Advertisement