Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landvo L200 / L200G

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

Weirdest thing happened today, checked this thread last night out of boredom and saw people were having trouble with their phones and then went to bed. When I woke up my phone was out of battery and at college I charged it but didn't turn it on. Fast forward to the bus home as I'm taking my phone out of my bag I tell my friend "People on boards seem to be having problems with this phone, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who it's worked perfect for"

When I turn it on it's yellow chinese writing on a black background. I pressed the home button and my phone started beeping really loud so I took out the battery, put it back in and now it won't turn on again. Just my luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

MarkR wrote:
    I can't recall if the standard recovery will do it, but I know the factory reset doesn't do it properly. You can install clockworkmod recovery, and that'll do it.

Never used clock work. I installed it but says device unsupported? Am I missing something? Can I get the file somewhere so clockwork will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Dropped my phone and cracked the bottom left corner of the screen. Where can I get this replaced and how much would it cost please? It works fine just worried the cracks will deepen and the screen will shatter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone having problems with SD card. Wouldn't recognise last week. Put it in the computer and everything was on it. Back into the phone and it showed up for a while and same issue. I reformatted and got about two days and its not showing again
    Would this be a phone or card problem as the laptop still shows everything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I don't wanna be that guy, but what's the front camera on this like?

Going on a holiday over summer and there's a high probability I'll drop or lose my phone so I'd rather something cheap and crap I can use. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi Guy's,

My daughter has the L200 model and I've been tasked with finding a Silicone case case for her phone. Any suggestions? I've looked on amazon, eBay and Ali Express and all I can find is a faux leather flip case which isn't what she's after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

hmmm. I was going to say that i'm sure that cases have been discussed in the other thread about this phone in the Bargain Alerts section but that thread seems to have been deleted ! I wonder why ? Mabye because of gearbest shilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with SD card. Wouldn't recognise last week. Put it in the computer and everything was on it. Back into the phone and it showed up for a while and same issue. I reformatted and got about two days and its not showing again
    Would this be a phone or card problem as the laptop still shows everything

Yep I've had continuous issues with the SD card, also and I'm aware this has been discussed but the camera is God awful.
    On reflection after 6 months use with this phone, it is a piece of crap.
    Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

I have to say myexperince is the exact opposite. Granted the camera is the best, but this is a sweet phone for the price and I've had no real issues with it besides nomedia files appering on the sd card but that has been easy to sort.

dubby1978 wrote: »
    Yeah, Big Nelly was caught shilling but apparently was left off anyway.

What does "Shilling" mean? Looked it up and all I can find which might be relevant is "stop all these lies, its total Shilling".

Also, still looking for case recommendations, particularly a silicone bumper case.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Also, still looking for case recommendations, particularly a silicone bumper case.

I got my L200 (not G) from a UK eBay seller. It came with a silicone bumper, so they must exist. But I don't know where.

Nothing but headaches trying to partition this garbage phone

Nothing but headaches trying to partition this garbage phone

Care to elaborate? Might be able to assist.

Edit: yeah it's not easy to partition. I did mine but not without a great deal of research.

colossus-x wrote: »
    Care to elaborate? Might be able to assist.

Edit: yeah it's not easy to partition. I did mine but not without a great deal of research.

Having trouble rooting it when trying to back it up. I've tried a few programs which will only temporarily root it and then when this does happen MTK Droid Tools no longer detects the phone. Before I used the programs like iRoot MTK Droid Tools gave me an error message to do with adb

Having trouble rooting it when trying to back it up. I've tried a few programs which will only temporarily root it and then when this does happen MTK Droid Tools no longer detects the phone. Before I used the programs like iRoot MTK Droid Tools gave me an error message to do with adb

I don't have mine any longer but I do remember that it was rooted when it arrived.

I don't have mine any longer but I do remember that it was rooted when it arrived.

I need to increase the partition on my daughter's L200 as she's out of space for apps (she really doesn't have many apps installed) and the phone is just not functioning very well e.g. Hanging a lot, unresponsive etc.

I find the process linked to on the first page fairly daunting. Is there an idiot's step by step guide to doing this somewhere?

I need to increase the partition on my daughter's L200 as she's out of space for apps (she really doesn't have many apps installed) and the phone is just not functioning very well e.g. Hanging a lot, unresponsive etc.

I find the process linked to on the first page fairly daunting. Is there an idiot's step by step guide to doing this somewhere?

No, sadly. You could try moving apps to sdcard using link2sd. Also set apps to install on sdcard in storage settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

I can send you a PM with a dropbox link for the files I used. If you follow the video completing each step and pausing as you go you should be all right.

Ok so PDANet is recognisign my phone today for some reason but MTK Droid Root & tools won't

3e5b3939759ee681a1f145e6744d0d0b.png

Ok so PDANet is recognisign my phone today for some reason but MTK Droid Root & tools won't

3e5b3939759ee681a1f145e6744d0d0b.png

Have you enabled usb debugging and installed the usb drivers?

• Advertisement

Have you enabled usb debugging and installed the usb drivers?

Yes debugging is enabled and I don't think so, what usb drivers?

edit: sorry yeah, they are installed.

edit number 2: ok so it's detecting it again, there was one .exe I didn't run in the drivers folder apparently. but I'm still getting an error when I click "root"

b416209038840242def475f27d0025ea.png

Yes debugging is enabled and I don't think so, what usb drivers?

edit: sorry yeah, they are installed.

edit number 2: ok so it's detecting it again, there was one .exe I didn't run in the drivers folder apparently. but I'm still getting an error when I click "root"

b416209038840242def475f27d0025ea.png

Use device manager to install the drivers. Open device manager and look for something with a yellow triangle cant remember what is called usb interface or something. Right click it and select update drivers/browse my computer. Direct it to where you have the drivers downloaded.

Use device manager to install the drivers. Open device manager and look for something with a yellow triangle cant remember what is called usb interface or something. Right click it and select update drivers/browse my computer. Direct it to where you have the drivers downloaded.

Also check your phone screen for an access request message.

No, sadly. You could try moving apps to sdcard using link2sd. Also set apps to install on sdcard in storage settings.

Done that already. Way past that as a solution. Worked ok for a few months.

I can send you a PM with a dropbox link for the files I used. If you follow the video completing each step and pausing as you go you should be all right.[/quote

Hi Mark, that works be much appreciated. I've flashed a few ROMs in the past but I'm a bit rusty.

I can send you a PM with a dropbox link for the files I used. If you follow the video completing each step and pausing as you go you should be all right.[/quote

Hi Mark, that works be much appreciated. I've flashed a few ROMs in the past but I'm a bit rusty.

PM sent.

Hi all,

My daughter dropped her L200 and cracked the screen. It's still working OK but I know it's just a metter of time before it breaks totally and rather than spend €80 or whatever getting a new screen/digitiser fitted I'm probably going to just replace the phone with something similar i.e. generic Android, decent performance, decent screen size (max 5 inches) and good battery life. Also, preferably something which can be easily rooted and doesn't need a complex partition tweak!!

Any suggestions for what the current equivalent of the L200 is?

I strongly recommend the samsung galaxy core prime, it's 99 euro on vodafone and it's a way way better than the L200.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I strongly recommend the samsung galaxy core prime, it's 99 euro on vodafone and it's a way way better than the L200.

The Core Prime has a terrible screen though. TFT panel with a very low resolution. It's also €109 on Vodafone - price went up.

Get the Smart Prime 6 for 89 from Vodafone. 720p display with stock Lollipop and Snapdragon 410. Excellent phone, unbeatable for the money

• Advertisement

Techmaster wrote: »
    The Core Prime has a terrible screen though. TFT panel with a very low resolution. It's also €109 on Vodafone - price went up.

Get the Smart Prime 6 for 89 from Vodafone. 720p display with stock Lollipop and Snapdragon 410. Excellent phone, unbeatable for the money

The Smart Prime 6 is perfect for her - good screen resolution, reasonably fast processor and an SD card for holding movies etc etc. http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-prime-6-pay-as-you-go-anthracite

Can't go too far wrong with that much technology for €90 on a PAYG basis.

Advertisement