Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landvo L200 / L200G

Options
  • 11-11-2014 11:24am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The bargains alert thread has grown from "Hey! Look at this!" to usage and features. Thought it might be useful to have another thread about the handsets, seeing as so many seem to have bought it.

I went for the L200G model.

In case anyone is curious about what you get, I took a few pictures of the phone as I was unpacking.

http://imgur.com/a/8KEUa

You can use MTK Droid Tools to back up your room, remove the annoying boot sounds, and to install clockwordmod recovery. There is a good guide on XDA Developers you can follow to do this.

This video may also help.

Another user had also suggested installing gravitybox and the xposed framework. This allows you to add a lot more features to the phone. Hightly recommended.

I followed this guide.

Link

I've used the phone on Vodafone and Tesco Mobile, seems fast enough. Screen cover seems prone to scratching, but that's what they are for I suppose. Very good value phone, and well worth the money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭podge3

Thanks to Oat23 for pointing me in the right direction to change the puny 1Gb primary EBR.

Good vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDf6SpuOuz4#t=211

Not too complicated TBH. It took me about an hour but a lot of that time was trying to get the pre-loader driver installed & working. This eventually worked on my Win8.1 PC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cypm22rgs2k83ji/MT6577+USB+VCOM+drivers.rar

All sorted now, I have 3Gb in my primary partition and over 3 in the other one. No modded EBR available to go over 3GB for some reason, I would have liked more but certainly better than the way it was.

Note: I got a "damaged SD card" error on first boot after the flash. Gave me a bit of a start but a reformat fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dosado

I'm considering buying the L200 (not G). Can anyone confirm that xposed works on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭podge3

dosado wrote: »
    I'm considering buying the L200 (not G). Can anyone confirm that xposed works on it?
    I'm running Xposed on my L200.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

dosado wrote: »

Mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Got the L200 on Monday and have to say I am very please with it. Expanded the partitions using the video linked above (Very important to note that modified EDB has to be taken from Section E of the xda page, I downloaded and applied the wrong one and got stuck in a bootloop first time. Used the correct EDB and its flying it now)
    Just wondering where you guys got the xposed framework and how straightforward is flashing it to the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

I have issues downloading the mtkdroid tools from the XDA forum, and other versions I've downloaded Norton has had an issue with and removed.
    How did you download from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49597819&postcount=922 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

I had the same issue so I used the link from the guy that did Podge's video above, the site is china-devises.com and you have to register with them before you can view the links but I registered and all went well after that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

Anyone got any information about the on-screen and hover gestures for the L200?

So far, for on-screen (that is, drawing a letter on the screen when the screen is dark), I have Z for torch, line down the middle of the screen for camera and m for music.

I can't get the any response to hover gestures. I am trying to wave my hand left or right over the screen while reviewing photos.

Ideas?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

podge3 wrote: »
    Thanks to Oat23 for pointing me in the right direction to change the puny 1Gb primary EBR.

Good vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDf6SpuOuz4#t=211

Not too complicated TBH. It took me about an hour but a lot of that time was trying to get the pre-loader driver installed & working. This eventually worked on my Win8.1 PC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cypm22rgs2k83ji/MT6577+USB+VCOM+drivers.rar

All sorted now, I have 3Gb in my primary partition and over 3 in the other one. No modded EBR available to go over 3GB for some reason, I would have liked more but certainly better than the way it was.

Note: I got a "damaged SD card" error on first boot after the flash. Gave me a bit of a start but a reformat fixed it.

phone not being recognised by pc with battery out, even with the driver. any ideas? win 8.1, used the drivers in your link above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    phone not being recognised by pc with battery out, even with the driver. any ideas? win 8.1, used the drivers in your link above

You need to leave the battery in, but switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

bajer101 wrote: »
    If you are going to use micro SD, is there really any need to mod the EBR ? It's only for the daughter so couldn't really be arsed jumping through hoops for what could well be no benefit at all ?

If you're on Windows 8, you may also need to allow unsigned drivers for the installation of the preloader USB driver.

http://thebroodle.com/android/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/

If you're on Windows 8, you may also need to allow unsigned drivers for the installation of the preloader USB driver.

http://thebroodle.com/android/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/

just needed to leave the battery in. worked then. youtube tutorial was saying to take it out. Thanks

dodzy wrote: »
    If you are going to use micro SD, is there really any need to mod the EBR ? It's only for the daughter so couldn't really be arsed jumping through hoops for what could well be no benefit at all ?

when she fills the first partition and cant load more apps because nothing else can be moved from first partition, you would be glad. Had that issue before with the Samsung Galaxy Xpress and a teenager.

when she fills the first partition and cant load more apps because nothing else can be moved from first partition, you would be glad. Had that issue before with the Samsung Galaxy Xpress and a teenager.

Surely you can just move the apps to the SD card via the Application Manager ?

Surely you can just move the apps to the SD card via the Application Manager ?

You can do that, but it makes more sense to have a larger primary partition as that is where apps will install by default and the internal memory will be faster than SD. Makes more sense to leave the SD for media. I don't understand why they make the primary partition so small on so many of the Chinese devices.

You can do that, but it makes more sense to have a larger primary partition as that is where apps will install by default and the internal memory will be faster than SD. Makes more sense to leave the SD for media. I don't understand why they make the primary partition so small on so many of the Chinese devices.
    Or we could default the apps to go to SD directly on installation, thus never having to worry about space congestion. Of course this would mean a potential speed lag due to the reduced response of accessing the media on SD, which you referred to above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Or we could default the apps to go to SD directly on installation, thus never having to worry about space congestion. Of course this would mean a potential speed lag due to the reduced response of accessing the media on SD, which you referred to above.

I had quite a few apps that couldn't be moved so had to do the memory fix. Am I missing something?
    I had the SD set as default.

I had quite a few apps that couldn't be moved so had to do the memory fix. Am I missing something?
    I had the SD set as default.

It's best practice to have apps load from the faster internal Rom rather than external SD. It's the same concept as installing an SSD in a PC and having the programs and system files run from there and use the slower SATA disk for less regularly used data. Re-partitioning is a good idea and is best done as soon as you get the phone as the new partition table will screw up the second partition and will require a format of that partition. I don't understand why the manufacturers persist with the small primary partitions. It's not as if the Chinese market prefer a smaller primary partition - all the tutorials on how to modify it are from the Chinese themselves. I suspect it may be driven by the Chinese cloning business model. This was how it was done a while ago and they just kept at it.

• Advertisement

It's best practice to have apps load from the faster internal Rom rather than external SD. It's the same concept as installing an SSD in a PC and having the programs and system files run from there and use the slower SATA disk for less regularly used data. Re-partitioning is a good idea and is best done as soon as you get the phone as the new partition table will screw up the second partition and will require a format of that partition. I don't understand why the manufacturers persist with the small primary partitions. It's not as if the Chinese market prefer a smaller primary partition - all the tutorials on how to modify it are from the Chinese themselves. I suspect it may be driven by the Chinese cloning business model. This was how it was done a while ago and they just kept at it.

Am I right in thinking some apps have to be on the internal memory?

Am I right in thinking some apps have to be on the internal memory?

Yes.

Anyone got any information about the on-screen and hover gestures for the L200?

So far, for on-screen (that is, drawing a letter on the screen when the screen is dark), I have Z for torch, line down the middle of the screen for camera and m for music.

Also, C for call and V for video, W for Wake?

Also, C for call and V for video, W for Wake?

Double tap to light screen.
    Line up to unlock.
    C to call.
    M for music.
    Line down camera.
    e for browser.
    s for messaging
    v for video

Double tap to light screen. Line up to unlock.
    C to call. M for music. Line down camera. e for browser. s for messaging v for video

Thanks Mark. Did you find this through experimentation or did you find documentation anywhere?

Any info on hover gestures?

Thanks Mark. Did you find this through experimentation or did you find documentation anywhere?

If you go to settings /accessibility/Smartwake the touch settings are there. Can't find anything on gesture except proximity calibration in Display.

This might be worth a go -http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2351974

johnybean wrote: »
    I had the same issue so I used the link from the guy that did Podge's video above, the site is china-devises.com and you have to register with them before you can view the links but I registered and all went well after that

I've tried getting mtkdroidtools from a number of different sites, but still struggling. Norton reporting a virus Suspious9.cloud or something.

Can any provide a direct link to where they downloaded it from?

SucCes09 wrote: »
    I've tried getting mtkdroidtools from a number of different sites, but still struggling. Norton reporting a virus Suspious9.cloud or something.

Can any provide a direct link to where they downloaded it from?

XDA developers say it is often reported as malware because it is a rooting tool.

• Advertisement

XDA developers say it is often reported as malware because it is a rooting tool.

thanks Mark.

If somebody was to provide me with a link that they had used, I'd be happy to take this on. I'm just concerned with downloading something off 4shared or other sites getting flagged by Norton.

Advertisement