Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landvo L200 / L200G

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

The battery life is absolutely terrible. Any solutions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

The battery life is absolutely terrible. Any solutions?

Install an app called WakeLockDetector and see what's eating your battery.

I found the battery fine. Left it on for about 4 days straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Okay so I did the re-partition which gave me Internal Storage 2.07GB, Phone Storage: 393 Mb. It's a 4GB Rom so I guess the rest of the space is used up for the android system ? So do those figures look right ( to anyone who re-partitioned the 4G version ). Anyway real reason I'm asking is because I'm having a problem with system configurations remaining persistent. What's happening when I reboot is my alternative sms app and launcher ( and prolly other stuff ) have reset and reverted back to stock apps. So I'm wondering if all this re partitioning has something to do with it all. I have already factory reset and wiped cache davlik from TWRP recovery so I'm at a bit of a loss what to try next.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

No third party apps are allowed to delete apns and the normal settins delete button doesn't exist. This is frustrating as hell. Why would they make a phone that can't send MMS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

No third party apps are allowed to delete apns and the normal settins delete button doesn't exist. This is frustrating as hell. Why would they make a phone that can't send MMS?

Can you access the Internet using mobile data? Have you got data roaming turned on? If I send a text after 160 characters a number 2 appears indicating it will be charged as two texts.
    MMS send without a problem on Three.
    Can you edit the default APN rather than deleting it.

• Advertisement

The delete button does exist. You have to select the apn first where you would then see all the settings related to that paricualr apn. Find delete/dismiss/edit by pressing settings button on top right !

There's only two options under the settings button - Save and Discard

Can you access the Internet using mobile data? Have you got data roaming turned on? If I send a text after 160 characters a number 2 appears indicating it will be charged as two texts.
    MMS send without a problem on Three.
    Can you edit the default APN rather than deleting it.

There are 4 APNs there by default. I can get 3G internet to work but not MMS.

There's only two options under the settings button - Save and Discard

I'm sorry , yes your right, I didn't explain very well. The reason the delete button isn't show is because you only have 1 apn in the list. If you create another apn then the delete button will appear on one of them. When you have only one it won't allow you to delete as you must have at least one .

Edit: okay just seen you last post where you say you have 4 apn in the list. You can't delete the one that's currently active but you can delete the other 3. If you want to delete the one that's active you have to make one of the other 3 active first, then you can delete it.

colossus-x wrote: »
    I'm sorry , yes your right, I didn't explain very well. The reason the delete button isn't show is because you only have 1 apn in the list. If you create another apn then the delete button will appear on one of them. When you have only one it won't allow you to delete as you must have at least one .

Edit: okay just seen you last post where you say you have 4 apn in the list. You can't delete the one that's currently active but you can delete the other 3. If you want to delete the one that's active you have to make one of the other 3 active first, then you can delete it.
    None of thé four will delete. Only ones I make myself will show the delete button. I tried editing the first one in the list to be the same as the APN I need but still no luck. I have a feeling the phone doesn't really know what network its supposed to be on. When an MMS fails to received there's a message from the larger network to say the MMS can be picked up on their website.

• Advertisement

None of thé four will delete. Only ones I make myself will show the delete button. I tried editing the first one in the list to be the same as the APN I need but still no luck. I have a feeling the phone doesn't really know what network its supposed to be on. When an MMS fails to received there's a message from the larger network to say the MMS can be picked up on their website.

On my phone ( im with 3 ) the apn settings are download automatically and there is only 1 entry in the apn list. I really don't understand why there are 4 entries on yours especially as you can only use 1 of them at a time as far as I can see but all that may be network specific.

In any case it doesn't matter you can't delete them. You said you can create new one's yourself so try that by copying the settings (manually ) from your current working apn and add in the MMS settings you need. Select then your new apn as your active one. Your 4 other apn settings will just be ignored. Reboot the phone and double check your new apn is still the default. If your able to do all that and it still doesn't work you'll have to call your network operator and cofirm your entries in the settings are correct.

colossus-x wrote: »
    Select then your new apn as your active one. Your 4 other apn settings will just be ignored. Reboot the phone and double check your new apn is still the default. If your able to do all that and it still doesn't work you'll have to call your network operator and cofirm your entries in the settings are correct.

I need two separate APNs for my carrier, one for internet and one from MMS. The radio select button only appears beside the internet APN; the MMS one doesn't have a button beside it. The exact same settings work perfectly on another phone, but on that one I have the option to delete any APN I want. Bizarre.

I need two separate APNs for my carrier, one for internet and one from MMS. The radio select button only appears beside the internet APN; the MMS one doesn't have a button beside it. The exact same settings work perfectly on another phone, but on that one I have the option to delete any APN I want. Bizarre.

This might be worth a try -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Tweakker&hl=en

Nah, that app is junk. It just looks up the information for the carrier, tells you to write it down and edit your APN settings.

Nah, that app is junk. It just looks up the information for the carrier, tells you to write it down and edit your APN settings.

I know what it does but the settings you have now are not working so isn't it worth seeing what setting it recommends. The settings that work on your older phone might not be compatible with this phone . The two APN set up seems to be an older way of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

So the phone arrived today, I slotted my vodafone sim card in and when I turned it on it said no sim card detected?

I'm a complete moron when it comes to phones - never had much interest int hem, is it more complicated than this? do i have to unlock it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

So the phone arrived today, I slotted my vodafone sim card in and when I turned it on it said no sim card detected?

I'm a complete moron when it comes to phones - never had much interest int hem, is it more complicated than this? do i have to unlock it or something?

nvm, I took it out and put it back in and it works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rob223

anybody know what the best bumper cover which could fit this phone ?

I know there are some out there for the i.e. BQ Aquaris E5 which may need some DIY to them, some of the side areas may have to be cut extra but I don't have much faith in cover supplied and dislike wallet type.

also as per previous threads is there anybody on vodafone that has both mms and mobile internet working. as per picarooney I can only see the 2 apns but only have choice of one ? ?

also have the issue where apps disappearing from home screen that are stored on sd card after boot up but this seems like an issue with all phones.

any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rob223

case for huawei ascend g620s looks nearest I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I can't install any more apps on my phone because if the partition problem. I have moved as may apps as I am allowed onto the SD card. I tried some of the links above to get the downloads but on China-devices I just get 404 error - page not found. I searched for sp flash tool but it just got more complicated with various forums suggesting that I need to know what size the phone is, and which mtk chip I have. This is my first android phone after being on windows phone from day one. Can I just leave this to a phone shop and get it done or is there a service that can team viewer into my pc and do it?

• Advertisement

trying it again with windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. Windows force driver disabled (advanced start) Connecting device powered off get device connected sound (device manager does a bit of a jump) then device disconnected sound. that's it. Should I try to do this in VM xp?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

For anyone that is interested, I installed clockworkmod recovery onto my phone today, using this guide. Very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

trying it again with windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. Windows force driver disabled (advanced start) Connecting device powered off get device connected sound (device manager does a bit of a jump) then device disconnected sound. that's it. Should I try to do this in VM xp?

No need. You have it successfully connected. It doesn't show permanently in Device Manager. Just continue on with the rest of the steps from there and it should work.

Do your mtk backup, make sure that goes ok. Once you have that done, then it's just your preloader drivers to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Try "Reset to default".

I had to do this the other day and it removed all the extra APNs, then I just created the correct one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Is there any custom roms for this phone? I'm a little bit weary what might be build into the stock one!

Is there any custom roms for this phone? I'm a little bit weary what might be build into the stock one!

None yet. I used clockwork mod recovery to wipe everything for clean install. Factory reset left apps behind. I noticed the kernel description had lenovo in it. Might be an avenue of exploration.

I took my one to a phone shop today to be rooted because the start up tune was really annoying me. The small space for apps was a joke and despite downloading apps to change the ringtones, I'm still stuck with the default ones. Anyone some hours and euros later, I've been told that the phone that I bought cannot be routed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

When you change ringtone go to the top of the list and 'choose more' then you can choose another file on your SD card etc.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    None yet. I used clockwork mod recovery to wipe everything for clean install. Factory reset left apps behind. I noticed the kernel description had lenovo in it. Might be an avenue of exploration.

Oh. I installed TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) , not Clockwork Mod Recovery. I think I used TWRP just because that was the one linked to in the guide I followed. I'd prefer Clockwork Mod Recovery as that's what I have on my last android. Where did u get the recovey.img file for that ? Thanks.

Advertisement