Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landvo L200 / L200G

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

SucCes09 wrote: »
    thanks Mark.

If somebody was to provide me with a link that they had used, I'd be happy to take this on. I'm just concerned with downloading something off 4shared or other sites getting flagged by Norton.

This is the one I used - http://www.mediafire.com/download/6z9acf5um65cuj2/MtkDroidTools+v2.5.3.zip
    I did get a warning but used it anyway . I might uninstall it later and run some scans just in case.
    I googled mediafire safe? and there was a result from Norton saying it is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

thanks Mark.

If somebody was to provide me with a link that they had used, I'd be happy to take this on. I'm just concerned with downloading something off 4shared or other sites getting flagged by Norton.
    I went to here to get the relevant drivers.
    I went to here to get MTK tools.
    Here for SP flash tools
    Here for modified ebr, make sure you get your ebr from SECTION E.
    I had to log into 4shared with my facebook in order to download and I had to register with china-devices in order to see the links to the different software. After that I just followed this and I got it done in about an hour altogether. Main delay was because I downloaded wrong EBR initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

Not sure if this is the common experience, but I am running under Vista.
    When I connect the phone (powered off), it does charge, but I cannot see the device in the control panel.
    When I power it on, it insists that it is a HTC device - any of the drivers that have been pointed to are "not as recent" as the one already installed.
    Needless to say, mtkdroidtools does not recognise the phone.
    Removing the HTC driver and starting with a fresh install of the results in the same situation above.
    Any advice on where to go with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

johnybean wrote: »
    I went to here to get the relevant drivers.
    I went to here to get MTK tools.
    Here for SP flash tools
    Here for modified ebr, make sure you get your ebr from SECTION E.
    I had to log into 4shared with my facebook in order to download and I had to register with china-devices in order to see the links to the different software. After that I just followed this and I got it done in about an hour altogether. Main delay was because I downloaded wrong EBR initially.

Hi Johny,

I'm well used to flashing ROM's and tweaking Android devices. I'm getting this phone for my 12 year old daughter for Xmas who will mostly use it for social media, listening to music and watching movies (from a 32GB micro SD card I'll load up )and Netflix.

I don't see her needing a huge amount of space for Apps but if you think it's advisable to increase the space allocated on the internal SD card I'd rather do it when it arrives before she sets it up with her apps etc. Do you think it's advisable to do it given the intended use?

Also, is there anything else I should do before handing it over? Are there custom ROM's worth flashing or bloatware worth removing etc?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi Johny,

I'm well used to flashing ROM's and tweaking Android devices. I'm getting this phone for my 12 year old daughter for Xmas who will mostly use it for social media, listening to music and watching movies (from a 32GB micro SD card I'll load up )and Netflix.

I don't see her needing a huge amount of space for Apps but if you think it's advisable to increase the space allocated on the internal SD card I'd rather do it when it arrives before she sets it up with her apps etc. Do you think it's advisable to do it given the intended use?

Also, is there anything else I should do before handing it over? Are there custom ROM's worth flashing or bloatware worth removing etc?

Cheers.
    i,m the opposite ,never done any tweaking with phones,i received mine today ,afraid to tackle the partitioning,is there anything that needs urgent sorting,or can you just use straight from box,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

reaper180 wrote: »
    i,m the opposite ,never done any tweaking with phones,i received mine today ,afraid to tackle the partitioning,is there anything that needs urgent sorting,or can you just use straight from box,thanks

If you're wary of re-partitioning, then put an SD card into it and when you start installing apps onto the phone, move the apps that you use less frequently to the SD card. Other than that, you should be good to go (as long as you can live with the annoying startup music).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just fired up daughters phone:

Available space showing as 5.28GB, not going to alter EBR
    WiFi coverage - Excellent
    Incoming call earpiece volume - not great.
    Camera - will be fine for her but its poor. Panning is rubbish.
    Start-up music - ear-bleed
    Ringtone volume full - very good
    Vibrate - poor mechanism, wouldn't say it'll have a long life
    Responsiveness - very good
    Screen display - good, crisp & clear
    Screen protector (factory fitted) - poor, but the screen will be less resistant than butter I fear..... so its staying put. Theres a spare in the box.
    Included silicon cover - better than nothing, but not much

No 3pin plug adaptor included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Hi is there an easy to remove the startup tone?

Not sure if this is the common experience, but I am running under Vista.
    When I connect the phone (powered off), it does charge, but I cannot see the device in the control panel.
    When I power it on, it insists that it is a HTC device - any of the drivers that have been pointed to are "not as recent" as the one already installed.
    Needless to say, mtkdroidtools does not recognise the phone.
    Removing the HTC driver and starting with a fresh install of the results in the same situation above.
    Any advice on where to go with this?

I remember having similar problems with vista but can't remember the solution. If you Google - stop vista installing drivers automatically - hopefully you will find the solution.
    Edit - maybe this - http://www.ehow.com/how_8478711_stop-automatically-installing-device-driver.html

deckie27 wrote: »
    Hi is there an easy to remove the startup tone?
    ^^^^^^ post #1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Anybody using this phone from day to day. Would like to know peoples experience on how it performs on phone calls, texts and 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rob223

Hi guys has anybody being able to change the notification light green for charging red for missed call etc ? ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Wombatman wrote: »
    Anybody using this phone from day to day. Would like to know peoples experience on how it performs on phone calls, texts and 3G.

Up until I broke it, phone calls, texts, and 3g were all fine. I used it with Tesco mobile and Vodafone. A point to note is I did not pick up 4G on vodafone (I had the 4G L200G model), but I could see the Meteor and 3 4G networks.
    rob223 wrote: »
    Hi guys has anybody being able to change the notification light green for charging red for missed call etc ? ?

I think it's a single led.

Scrolling speed is a little hard to control. Other than that - no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

MarkR wrote: »
    Up until I broke it
    Sorry to hear you broke it. Was it something physical or did you brick it?

Your posts were helpful. Will you get another?

MarkR wrote: »
    Up until I broke it.....

Jesus mark, that was quick:eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sorry to hear you broke it. Was it something physical or did you brick it?

Your posts were helpful. Will you get another?
    Brick. I did something wrong during the EFR change. I've a 3G version on the way
    dodzy wrote: »
    Jesus mark, that was quick:eek:

Yep, no one to blame but myself! :D

Can anyone point me in the direction of a bumper case and spare battery for the L200? I've searched Amazon, eBay and AliExpress without success. Are there no accessories for this phone at all other than the minging looking wallet cases on AliExpress?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a bumper case and spare battery for the L200? I've searched Amazon, eBay and AliExpress without success. Are there no accessories for this phone at all other than the minging looking wallet cases on AliExpress?

I got one of those " minging looking " wallet cases and am pleased with it.

I got one of those " minging looking " wallet cases and am pleased with it.

Don't pay any attention to me, I have an irrational hatred for wallet type covers for phones. I could never imagine myself having to open a fastner and flipping over the cover every time I want to use the phone. It would do my head in.

I just want a simple plain Jane black bumber case to give the phone a bit of protection. :(

• Advertisement

Don't pay any attention to me, I have an irrational hatred for wallet type covers for phones. I could never imagine myself having to open a fastner and flipping over the cover every time I want to use the phone. It would do my head in.

I just want a simple plain Jane black bumber case to give the phone a bit of protection. :(

Thats allright . I was just quite pleased with the quality of it as I wasn't expecting much.

How do you change the Launcher settings like number of swipe screens etc?

Wombatman wrote: »
    How do you change the Launcher settings like number of swipe screens etc?

I use Nova launcher prime . Gives you more options.

I use Nova launcher prime . Gives you more options.

Yeah using it myself but would like to know how to use the built in launcher (Launcher3). Can't find config screen. Would have thought it basic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Has anybody had any issues getting drivers to work on the L200 and Windows 8?

Ive followed the instructions here: http://thebroodle.com/android/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/

Also here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2206421

Still can't get mtkdroid tools to pick it up and the device has the warning triangle beside it on the device manager in windows.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Has anybody had any issues getting drivers to work on the L200 and Windows 8?

Ive followed the instructions here: http://thebroodle.com/android/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/

Also here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2206421

Still can't get mtkdroid tools to pick it up and the device has the warning triangle beside it on the device manager in windows.

You may need to allow "unsigned drivers".

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-can-i-install-hardware-with-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-8/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Couple of related questions.

Text messages over a certain length (possibly 480 but definitely above 160) will not send. It seems to interpret long texts as MMS.

Photos will not send or receive via text/MMS. I've copied the APN details from my own phone which is on the same carrier but nothing doing.

I cannot delete the default APNs which are on there (our carrier piggybacks on another network and this network's APN is in there)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Also, has anyone a tip for preventing the notification about no SIM in the second slot from appearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dermot10

Hi all ...can you get a larger capacity battery than 2000mah for the Landvo L200??
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

So I bought this phone for my mother.

In call volume is useless.

Apparently call quality is affected by movement. Quality decreases when she is walking. Is fine when she's standing still.

Anybody have these issues?

Advertisement