Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Options
1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭political analyst

iseegirls wrote: »

If Virgin customers in the Republic want to see "Love Island" then waiting 24 hours after it's broadcast in the UK is better than not getting to see it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If Virgin customers in the Republic want to see "Love Island" then waiting 24 hours after it's broadcast in the UK is better than not getting to see it at all.

I doesn't make sense to air a Reality TV show 24 or even an hour after its initial broadcasts, they rely on social media to a certain extent. Remember how it worked out for UTV Ireland who aired the show following the 10 News? A week in and they were simulcasting it with itv2!

But TV3 are in a different position they could if they wanted simulcast it on be3 with a repeat on 3e, while letting their parent company keep itv2.77

Not that Love Island has a huge following, but for fans its disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

UTV are slightly gaining an audience with 1.8% this month with the increases over the month for TV3 for BGT it seems more people are looking for UTV proper. UTV has a reach of just 17% compared to be3's 52% which had a share of 2.4%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Elmo wrote: »
    UTV are slightly gaining an audience with 1.8% this month with the increases over the month for TV3 for BGT it seems more people are looking for UTV proper. UTV has a reach of just 17% compared to be3's 52% which had a share of 2.4%.

I know I never watch TV3/Be3 etc these days. Having a free to air combo box gives me the benifit of UTV in ?HD and the itv2,3 and 4 channels. I would say it could reach 2% share with over the next few years...

Advertisement