Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Would Virgin Media viewers want UTV (Northern Ireland) back? yes - will it happen? No.

How about the next best thing - as near as possible 100% Itv content including news and current affairs - none from Northern Ireland - presumably not part of deal - we don't even know if news is part of deal. If it is it should be used.

It would make Saorview better as well.

UTV proper had a 3% of the audience v 6% for UTV Ireland. If TV3 could get viewers for ITV news it would air it but UTVs audience was largely for the soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Some people are fixated with audience, viewers etc. 3 channels is a lot off airtime - could easily find time to show Itv news and current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Some people are fixated with audience, viewers etc. 3 channels is a lot off airtime - could easily find time to show Itv news and current affairs.

TV channels would be incredibly stupid if they didn't think about audience numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Pokemon Battle

Whats happening to the utvi schedule from Dec 5th ? What will replace the soaps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Whats happening to the utvi schedule from Dec 5th ? What will replace the soaps ?

From what I can see on the Horizon TV Guide:

Mon 5th Dec:
    7pm The Zoo
    8 The Airport In Knock
    8.3 Bargain Shop Wars

Also another note, News @ 8 will move from TV3 to 3e from Monday 5th

• Advertisement

As a Corrie fan I hope it will still be broadcast in HD on Tv3.

zorro2566 wrote: »

- Sorry I don't get the point your making?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Only if you use a pay tv platform to view TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    From what I can see on the Horizon TV Guide:

Mon 5th Dec:
    7pm The Zoo
    8 The Airport In Knock
    8.3 Bargain Shop Wars

Also another note, News @ 8 will move from TV3 to 3e from Monday 5th

Wow! At the very least You'd think they'd move 8pm news to UTV, drop 5:30 news on UTV and put xpose on 3e at 7.

This is what I'd have done.

402533.PNG

galtee boy wrote: »
    Only if you use a pay tv platform to view TV3.

Was looking at the sky planner and the soaps moving to tv3 are not highlighted as HD as they are on the utvi listings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Was looking at the sky planner and the soaps moving to tv3 are not highlighted as HD as they are on the utvi listings.

Could be that TV3 HD is upscaled HD and not full HD, though other posters here might have a better answer. I think the Sky EPG only highlights full HD programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

galtee boy wrote: »
    Could be that TV3 HD is upscaled HD and not full HD, though other posters here might have a better answer. I think the Sky EPG only highlights full HD programmes.

Practically all of TV3's schedule isn't flagged for HD on sky. Possibly most of it isn't but I'd have expected X Factor to be HD already. And if UTV Ireland have the soaps and I'm a celebrity in HD I'd expect TV3 to be the same. So it's possibly TV3 not supplying correct information to SKY. RTÉ were the same after going HD for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Elmo wrote: »
    Wow! At the very least You'd think they'd move 8pm news to UTV, drop 5:30 news on UTV and put xpose on 3e at 7.

This is what I'd have done.

At the moment it looks bleak for the future survival of UTVI. Though in fairness they might be waiting to do some sort of relaunch. A channel with the ITV stuff not shown on TV3 like GMB and loose women, maybe ITV news etc for those in Virgin Media land and the good back catalogue of drama could draw a good enough audience. Though I fear it'll be another aimless 3e (if it survives)

Could be technical problems with moving News at 8pm to Utv Ireland - it's played out from Belfast. Easier to dump on 3E - remember the song and dance they made when this news started.

A lot of change in 2017 one way or another. People know what to expect from RTE2, BBC2, BBC4, ITV 2,3,4 roughly - no idea what will the difference be between 3E and Utv Ireland.

I wish them well.

Coronation Street will absolutely be in HD on TV3 HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

RTE is reporting that UTV Ireland is to rebrand in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

RTE is reporting that UTV Ireland is to rebrand in the near future.

As is The Journal - I'm guessing a highly-predictable 3U is on the cards, though U3 would be unintentionally funny!

http://www.thejournal.ie/utv-tv3-merger-3113562-Dec2016/?utm_source=shortlink

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

With the closing of the deal to sell UTV Ireland to TV3, its time to say goodbye to discussing that station here. Feel free to continue to discuss ITV/UTV/STV/ITV2/3/4/Encore/Be here

Is anybody aware of any other Country other than the U.K. that screens the sign language version of Coronation Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Is anybody aware of any other Country other than the U.K. that screens the sign language version of Coronation Street?

Unlikely as the signing is BSL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

I was wondering why all the ITV content on TV3 is not in HD, I'm back watching on UTV NI because of the quality, is this set to be remedied?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The days of ITV2/3/4 on Virgin Media are surely numbered now.

xii wrote: »
    I was wondering why all the ITV content on TV3 is not in HD, I'm back watching on UTV NI because of the quality, is this set to be remedied?

Any of the ITV content I've seen on TV3 HD is HD.

Watched Corrie and Emmerdale on TV3 last night and they are in HD and subtitles included if required! Wonder will Be3 be broadcast in HD on Sky?

I am lucky that I still have UTVHD on FTA sat. For those on Virgin its a raw deal. They had a good channel as others have said, now its being replaced by a woman orientated channel that will be full of wall to wall repeats once TV3 realize that's the only way they can make money with it.

Think everyone is getting a bit carried away with this. Look at the current schedule of ITV - This Morning, Jeremy Kyle, Loose Women, Judge Rinder, Lorraine, Extraordinary Weddings, Emmerdale and Coronation Street. These are all mainly aimed at women - (the soaps would have plenty of male viewers too alright) Apart from the rare occurrence of England football matches, there isn't much on ITV that is purely focused at men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At some point ITV will win back rights to the CL and/or EL so poor are the ratings on BT, they'll not turn up on 3B that's for sure and all the TV3 channels are horrid to watch anyway with that desperate PQ on saorview.

At some point ITV will win back rights to the CL and/or EL so poor are the ratings on BT, they'll not turn up on 3B that's for sure and all the TV3 channels are horrid to watch anyway with that desperate PQ on saorview.

Can't see ITV paying out for CL rights soon. BT paid a huge amount, and if they're not willing to renew the contract, im sure Sky will swoop in. ITV can't afford it.

The main games are on RTE and TV3 for CL anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

UEFA are getting worried about the lack of viewers and ITV need more male eyeballs as alluded to above by yourself. They'll certainly try for a game a week, the EL will surely be a target esp if Man Utd keep underperforming in the league! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I read a few weeks ago that ITV's Kids channel CITV is to restructure it's output because of ITV cutbacks.

It's been reported that a new playout location is planned by being moved from Manchester to London. Anyone working with the 9 strong CITV team in Manchester can apply for jobs with the ITV Creative team in London. Their previous CITV boss has also been reported to have left the channel.

http://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2016/11/citvs-manchester-creative-team-to-be-axed/

Also The ITV Hub is going to be rolled out as an optional subscription service in the UK. Viewers who will use the service will be asked to either watch their programmes for free or pay to watch them without adverts. It will be rolled-out on iOS devices first & on smart TV's & PC's afterwards.

http://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2016/12/itv-hub-to-roll-out-paid-subscription-service/

• Advertisement

Nice to see ITV4 showing the horse racing unblocked on Virgin Media Ireland today.

Advertisement