Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 & COD €379

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Got it in Dundrum no problem. Thank you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 popsynesbitt

Hey guys how do you get the ps4 deal in argos for 349 exactly? Can you reserve online? Was Instore today and didn't see it?? What steps do you take do avail of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Hey guys how do you get the ps4 deal in argos for 349 exactly? Can you reserve online? Was Instore today and didn't see it?? What steps do you take do avail of this?

Go to Argos. Write down the codes for ps4 and COD game. Go to counter. They'll tell you it's €399.99. You say "Whaaaat? It's 349.99 on the store checker". And in my case, she checked I was telling the truth and then entered the price manually. Happy out!

Okay cool!! Thank you :)

So to clarify I just enter the console code and the COD code and they will say it's 399 - what is store checker then? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with argos really. What would I do if I wanted to reserve online?

Can anyone tell me the argos code for the bundle so I can reserve online? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

the store checker is a computer beside the books that are laid out to check the availability of the items in store. the cashier will say its 399 but if you say on the checker that its 349 they go to the checker and see. on the page for the ps4 console, there a tab that says special offers and that where the console&game for 349 should be. be sure to see if the offer is there before saying it to the cashier or youll look like a right div. you can get the codes from the argos website. nevermind reserving it, just go in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Tip for getting the bundle for 349.99

Go to the stock checker instore, type in ps4 and go to the ps4 500gb black console.

Click on the special offer tab and you will see the following screen.

Z8enRv8.jpg
    Stating ps4 & cod for 349.99

This is what will give you the chance to try to get it for 349.99.

When you give in the slip with the two codes they will say 399.99 (it should be 379.99 but for some reason their till says 399)
    Just say "Oh it says 349.99 on the stock checker over there, on the special tab" and look all innocent :D

Its 122/2540 for the ps4 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm

& 290/4379 for COD http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2904379.htm

Just write them two codes in the paper slip and head to the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Update: its 399 again just checked :( also on the website it says its 379 till 17/11 yet when i go to check out it says 399

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

You can get the white destiny bundle for 399, so I'm happy. I'll sell destiny new for 50. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

27f6cb84a1b6bfbe17c47ce146d7e127ae307a1fbe327e5a847085782c0d0e1f.jpg

I was going in at lunch!

• Advertisement

Me too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ryan91 wrote: »
    Update: its 399 again just checked :( also on the website it says its 379 till 17/11 yet when i go to check out it says 399

Their tills always had it at 399 even though it should be 379.

Did you check the special offer tab on the ps4 page on the stock checker in store. That's where it states 349.
    It has to be put manually in at that price by whoever is at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Did you check the special offer tab on the ps4 page on the stock checker in store. That's where it states 349.

Just checked the stock checker in store in Tallaght its showing at €399 :(

Proco Jr. wrote: »

i did indeed, it came up 399. the site says 379 but 399 when u put it in your basket

I rang them yesterday, it shows up as 399 with cod, but they sell for 379.

Capslock wrote: »
    I rang them yesterday, it shows up as 399 with cod, but they sell for 379.

Which one did you ring?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Can confirm it's back to 379. Just bought it at 9am this morning. Raging. The 379 offer doesn't show up either you have to ask at till. Offer the way proco showed is showing up at 399 now. They weren't too happy when I showed up with a 50e voucher along with the offer though! Cheap ps4 nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

How can gamestop afford to sell the ps4 on its own for 400 quid when there's offers like this.

Would I be right in thinking that the xmas bundle deals will be out over the next few weeks amongst the retail stores?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    How can gamestop afford to sell the ps4 on its own for 400 quid when there's offers like this.

Would I be right in thinking that the xmas bundle deals will be out over the next few weeks amongst the retail stores?

Allot of people don't shop around?

quad_red wrote: »
    Which one did you ring?
    Liffey Valley. It even showed up on their site yesterday, it's the black ps4 with cod. In the option menu it says 379.99 at the top of that window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Necrominus wrote: »
    Can confirm it's back to 379. Just bought it at 9am this morning. Raging. The 379 offer doesn't show up either you have to ask at till. Offer the way proco showed is showing up at 399 now. They weren't too happy when I showed up with a 50e voucher along with the offer though! Cheap ps4 nonetheless.

Hope you remembered to get your 10e voucher when you spend over 100e, started today.

Yeah, just checked its 379.99 with advanced cod.

got it for 379, it was down as 399 but i showed them the ad on their website and they sold it at that price

ryan91 wrote: »
    got it for 379, it was down as 399 but i showed them the ad on their website and they sold it at that price
    Good work! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

380 is still a decent price, considering around this time last year people were paying €500 + just for the console off adverts scalpers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Can anyone give me a link for the console and advanced war fighter at 380?

Cant see it on the website :(

Edit: found it :)

Don't forget to say it to them in store. 379.99 on your website until the 17/11/14 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Which website / shop are people seeing this on?

Can't see it on argos or gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Go to argos website
    click special offers
    offer 4

argosagain9tp0i.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Irishchick wrote: »
    Which website / shop are people seeing this on?

Can't see it on argos or gamestop

Argos. You have to go into the special offers tab on the PS4 page listing

Advertisement