Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 & COD €379

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

tvercetti wrote: »
    Tralee wouldn't do it for €350, they said that was sterling. Ended up paying €379!!

Same here. Guy with glasses said Argos is from the UK you know and that price was sterling.
    I struggled to get it for the e379 until I showed him the special offers on his pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks OP, had a friend getting one today and I told him about it so he got the bundle for € 350 in Dun Laoghaire, plus the box they gave him he said was called Drive Club or something which I think is better again! Great BA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Lmao so many people taking advantage of this deal, saw some on Facebook and other forums too. Argos may be losing a fair bit of money but at least they're shifting units I guess lol.

Anyone who traded/sold cod, how much did you get for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Lmao so many people taking advantage of this deal, saw some on Facebook and other forums too. Argos may be losing a fair bit of money but at least they're shifting units I guess lol.

Anyone who traded/sold cod, how much did you get for it?

I sold it to a friend for €50 so not a bad deal, console for €329

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

nice price offer, But if i sell the game, I will have zero games to play on it cause the ps3 games are not compatible on ps4? :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

spongbob wrote: »
    nice price offer, But if i sell the game, I will have zero games to play on it cause the ps3 games are not compatible on ps4? :D

You can't buy other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone been to Sligo for this deal ? I'd buy this for 349 now but not 379, and im near 40km from Argos so I don't want a waste of a journey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone been to Sligo for this deal ? I'd buy this for 349 now but not 379, and im near 40km from Argos so I don't want a waste of a journey

Can you reserve online?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

You can't buy other games?

of course but iv a big catalog of good games for the ps3 already, Im just saying its a pity they didn't make it compatible, you dont agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

spongbob wrote: »
    of course but iv a big catalog of good games for the ps3 already, Im just saying its a pity they didn't make it compatible, you dont agree?

No, cause then it would have cost more to make and sell. The PS3 is almost 8 years old, most gamers have finished everything on it at this stage. Besides whats wrong with having two consoles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can you reserve online?

the price error of 349 comes up on only the stock check thing in store. i suppose you could try to reserve a ps4 and see if its in stock, but don't actually reserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

I got mine yesterday from letterkenny at 5pm for 349.99. I had no bother at all in getting it for that price. Thanks lads for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Just got it for 349.99 in Blanchardstown. Also to add that the guy behind the till was initially refusing to sell it to me for 349.99, he said that it was a pricing error / sterling price that they knew about and they weren't allowed to honour it. I asked him to check with the manager as people had bought it already from them at that price. He came back a minute later and manually entered the 349.99 price into the till.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

got refused in limerick yesterday, but had to buy it because i would only have the funds for it now!! pretty annoyed, sent an email asking why because it is misleading advertising to have it on the website in multiple places as an offer until the 17th and then say ...well oh thats just an error!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Anybody get it it for 350 in liffey valley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Call of duty out of stock in omni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ask them if they'll sub call of duty for something else, you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I got it this morning in Liffey Valley for 349.99. A manager input the price without any hassle :). Thanks for the two heads ups on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Did anyone happen to get the white console with the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭plonker

got it for 349.99 in Castlebar an hour ago,brought up offer 2 on stock checker,called over a sales assistant and asked for it,no prob he said!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Denied getting this in ilac center.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Denied getting this in ilac center.

If they go to store support, they will say no. Manager also denied getting this, said if they warned you before buying you'd have to buy it at the advertised price then they have every right not to let you buy it at 350.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flabee113

Anyone get this in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Thanks OP

Went to Drumdrum and was refused, manager said they were warned that it was the GBP price but then I went to Liffey Valley and got sorted no problem. Manager signed it off at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Got it in blanchardstown, no questions asked

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Just got it in Blackpool, Cork for €350.... a bit of debating but got it after about 10 mins! Be nice :-)
    Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads do you just go up to the till and ask for the cod 350 euro deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Went in to swords after reserving an Xbox one, cod and 12 month gold membership, marked 379.99 and the stock checker had it marked at 359.99, asked the girl if I could get it at that price, called the manager n she applied the discount. They were very sound to be fair, and I completely agree with the 'be nice' tip. Cheers op, saved me a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

@Fakman87 Look at ProcoJr. post #27 on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads do you just go up to the till and ask for the cod 350 euro deal?

Yea. Refer to the stock checker in store as the deal shows for 400euro at the till

Advertisement