Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick mum and five children told ‘go to hostel’

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Absolutely horrible woman, welfare should be capped at one child max for unmarried women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    ...... welfare should be capped at one child max for unmarried women.

:confused:

Why not for married women?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

It should be a legal requirement for the fathers name to be on the birth cert and money should be taken from wages/social welfare also children's allowance should be capped after two kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

catallus wrote: »

And married men.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Absolutely horrible woman, welfare should be capped at one child max for unmarried women.

They should all be married off to the nearest bachelor farmer. That'll sort them out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ptee1

Gatling wrote: »
    But this mammy isnt just getting basic €188 pw ,

One parent family =€ 337pw

Child benefit for 5 = €675 pm

Rent supplement maximum of €600 pm

€32,000 + pa no tax ,

Free medical cards and probably has a travel pass

She basically gets rewarded for pumping out kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Whoa there!

Who said those men even wanted her to have those kids?!

Victim-blaming if ever there was such.

Are you saying it was male rape?

If not, the males that impregnate these women need to take financial responsibility for the children they conceive. If Revenue can deduct the property tax at source, they can deduct child maintenance.

If not, the males that impregnate these women need to take financial responsibility for the children they conceive. If Revenue can deduct the property tax at source, they can deduct child maintenance.

Why should a man pay for a woman conceiving? Has she no mind of her own? Is a man supposed to be fleeced for the rest of his life if some woman decides she wants his progeny against his will? Are you mad?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

ptee1 wrote: »
    She basically gets rewarded for pumping out kids

Essentially yes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Why should a man pay for a woman conceiving? Has she no mind of her own? Is a man supposed to be fleeced for the rest of his life if some woman decides she wants his progeny against his will? Are you mad?!

Staying child free is a responsibility of both people

If the man does not want children, he should take care of his own business. Very irresponsible not to ensure you can't get a woman pregnant, if that's what you want

But "these women" don't have to take any responsibility?

Staying child free is a responsibility of both people

It patently is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Whoa there!

Who's the victim? Only the taxpayer and the kids. Regardless of wanting them or not they are the inevitable results of having sex, they should have to take responsibility for their actions.

Whoa there!

Yes, what if she raped those men?

But "these women" don't have to take any responsibility?

Of course they do. I was responding to a specific post raised by someone

The mind is not the part that conceives, the parts for conception need to come from both a man and a woman.

I'm surprised you did not learn this in Biology.

Mothers of children born in wedlock have more rights of financial support so are less reliant on the state.

Last time I checked it took two parties to make babies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Women can choose to abort, adopt, give away the baby etc. They can choose to have a baby or not have a baby but a man has zero choice. It's not fair could be the point being made. Why cant a man give up his rights and responsibilities towards a child if a woman wants to have that child on her own ? I couldn't do it but I can see the logic of it. Why can women choose to put the child up for adoption but not the man ? many men are lied to by women who got pregnant on purpose and against agreement. I can link to hundreds of articles about it. Some women have poked holes in condoms. And even worse stories abound about used condoms being retrieved and emptied... but in each case the man cannot give up his rights and legal responsibilities ... even under age boys who got raped by older women are forced into paying child support in some places...

Women can choose to abort, adopt, give away the baby etc. They can choose to have a baby or not have a baby but a man has zero choice. It's not fair could be the point being made. Why cant a man give up his rights and responsibilities towards a child if a woman wants to have that child on her own ? I couldn't do it but I can see the logic of it. Why can women choose to put the child up for adoption but not the man ? many men are lied to by women who got pregnant on purpose and against agreement. I can link to hundreds of articles about it. Some women have poked holes in condoms. And even worse stories abound about used condoms being retrieved and emptied...

Men have the choice to zip it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Mothers of children born in wedlock have more rights of financial support so are less reliant on the state.

Tell that to the children of thousands of divorced women who have never received anything.
    You obviously have no idea of the realities of the situation.

Yes, what if she raped those men?

That's so funny, rape jokes. Nice.
    The mind is not the part that conceives, the parts for conception need to come from both a man and a woman.

The decision to continue a pregnancy is wholly the responsibility of the woman.

I really don't think this is factually correct.
    Last time I checked it took two parties to make babies.

You see, this type of pat deflection from the point is what makes this so infuriating.

It isn't rocket science.

Men have the choice to zip it up.

Women have the choice to keep their word that they use contraception. [I can provide news links to these stories]

Women have the choice not to retrieve used condoms or poke holes in condoms. [I can provide news links to these stories]

Older women have the choice not to rape underage boys, get pregnant and then sue them for child support when they are adults. [I can provide news links to these stories]

Rights and responsibilities go both ways

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ifs safe to say somebody who suffer the same accident repeatedly .
    isn't having accidents at all.

Women can choose to abort, adopt, give away the baby etc. They can choose to have a baby or not have a baby but a man has zero choice. It's not fair could be the point being made. Why cant a man give up his rights and responsibilities towards a child if a woman wants to have that child on her own ? I couldn't do it but I can see the logic of it. Why can women choose to put the child up for adoption but not the man ? many men are lied to by women who got pregnant on purpose and against agreement. I can link to hundreds of articles about it. Some women have poked holes in condoms. And even worse stories abound about used condoms being retrieved and emptied... but in each case the man cannot give up his rights and legal responsibilities ... even under age boys who got raped by older women are forced into paying child support in some places...

You've raised many valid points there, but the fact remains that men can control their own contraception arrangements

You've raised many valid points there, but the fact remains that men can control their own contraception arrangements

but where is the male pill ?

Contraception has always been the responsibility of the woman. The hint's in the word.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Contraception has always been the responsibility of the woman. The hint's in the word.

Wut???!!! Where'd you pull that from?

also: contra- + conception.... where's the hint you mention?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement