Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick mum and five children told ‘go to hostel’

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

In fairness, I wouldn't live in Moyross either

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Another day another sob story

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Whatever happened to tent lady from last month?

I commend this woman.
    Immaculate conception 5 times......
    ......There can be no other explanation as to the absence of father(s)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Whatever happened to tent lady from last month?

I commend this woman.
    Immaculate conception 5 times......
    ......There can be no other explanation as to the absence of father(s)

That's not what immaculate conception means

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

She looks rather young to have a 12yo son

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

more like immaculate contraception -

As good citizens of this country we need to keep our animal urges to ourselves and not breed freely when we can't afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Hard to feel sorry for someone who decides to bring 5 kids into world and expect the tax payer to look after her...no mention of Dad or Dads helping out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Some people shouldn't have children.

Somebody should remind her the average wait for a local authority house nationwide is at 10-12 years

on the dole - one could not afford a goldfish let alone 5 kids

Dole monthly is E814 less 675pm is not enough to feed a gerbil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Youngest is 4 says shes been living there on rent allowance for 4 years. Maybe the dad died/left her after the youngest was born and they could afford to keep the kids until then. Not her fault the house is being sold, plenty worse not paying rent on rent allowance etc and expecting to be housed.

But this mammy isnt just getting basic €188 pw ,

One parent family =€ 337pw

Child benefit for 5 = €675 pm

Rent supplement maximum of €600 pm

€32,000 + pa no tax ,

Free medical cards and probably has a travel pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Campo Largo beans are 32 cent in Lidl. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

As good citizens of this country we need to keep our animal urges to ourselves and not breed freely when we can't afford it.

To be fair, it's the states fault. For decades they've pretty much made this lifestyle a career choice for a lot of young women- have a pile of kids and we'll pay for everything. Then once it becomes a sub-cultural norm for many they change everything relatively abruptly. Terrible situation for the children. They are blameless. I doubt any kid would realish the prospect of living in a homeless hostel in arguably the roughest area of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have a friend who got pregnant last year shortly after losing her job. She's living with friends because rent allowance isn't enough to get a one room place in Dublin and there's a huge wait for a house. It's all been a complete disaster for her. Plus because she has the kid, she can't go back to work since she'd never afford the child care fees. She's looking at going back to college at the moment.

i have no idea how you can do that and then end up with 4 more kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

She probably getting rent allowance +single parent+children's allowance+medical card+ maintenance from father(s)

She probaly better off than most.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pingi wrote: »
    Youngest is 4 says shes been living there on rent allowance for 4 years. Maybe the dad died/left her after the youngest was born and they could afford to keep the kids until then. Not her fault the house is being sold, plenty worse not paying rent on rent allowance etc and expecting to be housed.

Get out of here with your facts and logic. Clearly she should have predicted the future and it's all her own fault. Off to the laundries with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

188 per week is for single people with no dependants. She gets allowances for 5 children.

She's not paying 675 as she is on rent allowance. She pays something, a fraction of it

Raising 5 children can't be easy but she's not on poverty money here. There are working families on less after rent/mortgage is paid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

bluewolf wrote: »
    Get out of here with your facts and logic. Clearly she should have predicted the future and it's all her own fault. Off to the laundries with her

Logic and Facts? They basically just made up a completely fictional scenario that played out over 4 years to explain her current situation

Cormac... wrote: »
    Logic and Facts? They basically just made up a completely fictional scenario that played out over 4 years to explain her current situation

indeed - hasn't she had plenty of time to save her children allowance and buy a flat/house for themselves

small houses are very cheap in limerick and where she lives is quite an expensive part of town - moyross may not be heaven but it would be less expensive for all of us and her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

In fairness, there are properties available that she could move into. She's just being picky because she reckons that with 5 kids who are paid for by the government, she is entitled to a nice 4 bedroomed semi detached house in a leafy suburb. Funny how she would be willing to settle for a 3bed council house near her mother if it was offered though :rolleyes:

indeed - hasn't she had plenty of time to save her children allowance and buy a flat/house for themselves

small houses are very cheap in limerick and where she lives is quite an expensive part of town - moyross may not be heaven but it would be less expensive for all of us and her

http://www.daft.ie/limerick/houses-for-sale/?s%5Bmnp%5D=25000&s%5Bmnb%5D=3&s%5Bsort_by%5D=price&s%5Bsort_type%5D=a

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Autonomous wrote: »
    Hard to feel sorry for someone who decides to bring 5 kids into world and expect the tax payer to look after her...no mention of Dad or Dads helping out.

loan parent + rent allowance + children allowance X 5 + JSB = no need for daddys helping out.

she probably is "earning" more money than most on the thread and well able to afford plenty of decent houses in Limerick to Rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

you are forgetting about rent allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Grayson wrote: »
    I have a friend who got pregnant last year shortly after losing her job. She's living with friends because rent allowance isn't enough to get a one room place in Dublin and there's a huge wait for a house. It's all been a complete disaster for her. Plus because she has the kid, she can't go back to work since she'd never afford the child care fees. She's looking at going back to college at the moment.

i have no idea how you can do that and then end up with 4 more kids.

when a man and a woman love each other very much ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

mikemac1 wrote: »
    188 per week is for single people with no dependants. She gets allowances for 5 children.

She's not paying 675 as she is on rent allowance. She pays something, a fraction of it

Raising 5 children can't be easy but she's not on poverty money here. There are working families on less after rent/mortgage is paid

my rent is more than that for a crappy 1 bedroom place near Dublin. I guess that comment belongs in a griping about rents thread.

loan parent + rent allowance + children allowance X 5 + JSB = no need for daddys helping out.

she probably is "earning" more money than most on the thread and well able to afford plenty of decent houses in Limerick to Rent.

€32,000 + pa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

She's essentially receiving the average Ind wage in benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i have to luagh when i see these stories about people being homeless, no family should be homeless in this country when families are well supported by our social welfare system.

i personally know a family who moved into a 3 bedroom house last week for €90 a week, with a school 60 second drive down the road. theres 500euro a week coming into many houses from social welfare and theres 1000s of cheap houses available in multiple towns around Ireland.

it may mean you have to leave your home area, but f*ck it, i know what id rather if my kids needed a safe home and couldnt afford it.

She's essentially receiving the average Ind wage in benefits.

much better than that - no childcare fees to pay, plenty of time to spend with the children, medical cards all paid for, supplements on many other things that come with having social welfare.

and yet, we hear about how families are on the breadline due to failures of the government and society in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

In an ideal world, she wants Limerick City and County Council to buy the home for her in Dooradoyle, but admits this is highly unlikely.

:rolleyes: Eh in an ideal world I'd love somebody to buy a house for me too! The fact that she is even suggesting this is incredible to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement