Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick mum and five children told ‘go to hostel’

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

"In an ideal world, she wants Limerick City and County Council to buy the home for her in Dooradoyle, but admits this is highly unlikely.". buy the home for her ...is she serious ?? stories of this type really get under my skin.... in this country you are rewarded for doing nothing SW is an absolute joke 😈😈😈

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

That was an apartment not a 4 bed semi like she has would be approx €200,000 I would estimate for hers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

That was an apartment not a 4 bed semi like she has would be approx €200,000 I would estimate for hers

awh - some of her kids might have to sleep in the same room or in the living room

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

swiftman wrote: »

What is that exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.6298001,-8.6421272,3a,75y,237.01h,72.29t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPXdA0rOt_g4pwitsZ_CiUw!2e0

doesn't look like an apartment

337 a week for lone parent's allowance = 1348 per month
    Children's Allowance = 650 per month
    Rent Allowance = 675 per month?

Total of €2673 per month. Before heating allowance/medical cards/maintenance. Hard to feel sympathy for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What is that exactly?

It's the poor mother of 5 saying how good the council are for doing up her mothers garden in time for holloween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Gatling wrote: »
    It's the poor mother of 5 saying how good the council are for doing up her mothers garden in time for holloween

Ah ffs. I have no words.

Wait, why the feck would the council do that!? If true, they're the bigger eegits.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The writing is extremely blurr on my PC. What does it say, please?

Edit: Cheers Buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Think it is an apartment but regardless very cheap!! Wish Id bought it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

YFlyer wrote: »
    The writing is extremely blurr on my PC. What does it say, please?

Edit: Cheers Buttons
    Exact words

My mum got her back garden done for Halloween. .
    LmfAo isn't the council very good an they say there's no funding . .

Had a look for her on Facebook, no surprise she hid it well. Had a look at her two friends pages. Same old

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Gatling wrote: »

I wonder why the mother can't take them in until she gets herself sorted with a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That would just put ya in bad humour, and the rest of us working just to make ends meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Grayson wrote: »
    The problem is people with young kids. An entry level job won't pay as much as childcare costs. And you can't kick people with kids out onto the street. Neither can we set up workhouses or laundries.

Our society is thankfully better than that.

Yeah because it's so much better to continue a scheme that rewards multiple pregnancies and encourages women not to go out to work to provide for their children.:rolleyes: This is the kind of ****e that should have been tackled years ago. Nobody on benefit should be able to bring in the same amount or more money per year than someone who works. It's shocking and there really needs to be major changes to the system.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Macavity. wrote: »
    Some people shouldn't have children.

Thanks for that. Now do you have a solution to this problem that doesn't involve some "fcuk her, I'm alright" comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game. The system is simple to abuse if you want to.

"Single" mom + kids = Superb career choice.

No need for college or hard work when the system allows such a lovely alternative.

Can't we hate both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Egginacup wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Now do you have a solution to this problem that doesn't involve some "fcuk her, I'm alright" comment?

Yeah, how about a legislation change that puts a stop to the automatic rewarding of breeding. A take care of your own kids or don't have them, lest they end up in care until you can provide for them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Just how much makeup can you possibly put on your face? She looks so stupid just from that alone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I wonder why the mother can't take them in until she gets herself sorted with a job.

Probably too busy sunning herself in her back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

There's no way that's in Ireland last week.
    Blue sky, flat roofed house, trees full of leaves....
    I think that may be a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

Cormac... wrote: »
    Awful Scum

You certainly are, with comments like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

on the dole - one should not afford a goldfish let alone 5 kids

Fixed your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dquinnan wrote: »
    You certainly are, with comments like that.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

There's a woman with two kids where I'm from who's complaining she's homeless, and the council want to put her into a hostel. She's having none of it, so is saying she's living in a trailer on the side of the road. One of her kids is sick but the smack of self entitlement off the posts.

She is constantly online posting about how hard done by she is, how the council have no hearts, how she wants a house for her kids and wants it before Christmas. She's also outraged at the idea of paying rent from her dole.

Her partner is a junkie, so doubt he is much help to her financially. Why do people who have never ever worked have such a self entitlement? If I didn't work I couldn't afford nice things, a nice home ect. It's pretty simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I don't get the facebook thing.
    What, the council go around putting up Simpsons theme parks in people's back yards???
    WTF??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

topper75 wrote: »
    Is there any meaningful mechanism by which the state can pursue upkeep of the kids with their father or fathers? It wasn't me and my fellow taxpayers who sired them.....

Whoa there!

Who said those men even wanted her to have those kids?!

Victim-blaming if ever there was such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

topper75 wrote: »
    Totally agree. Bad week here at work for me. Body clock is sure it must be Saturday by now and I can't wait to clock out tonight so I can crash on couch and feel human again. This grind starts at 7 Mon-Fri. I am not on the worst money so no complaints there but such a chunk is taken to pay for her because she is entitled to breed, entitled to a house in a respectable suburb, entitled to God knows what else in her mind.

Now is not really the time I want to be reading those figures on what she gets yearly tax free.:mad:

There is something ethically very rotten about the SW system as it is implemented in Ireland today.

Is there any meaningful mechanism by which the state can pursue upkeep of the kids with their father or fathers? It wasn't me and my fellow taxpayers who sired them. The only ride we got out of it was one up the rear from her and her kind. As if the bankers and their jollies weren't enough.

The system serves its purpose as it is meant to otherwise you might be whinging abut the billions being stowed away by the upper echelons.. best stick to the important stuff like her scrounging 30 grand a year to house and feed a family of 6!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement