Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lena Dunham Autobiography, Allegations of Abusing Sister.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't like Lena Dunham, but RAPE?! FFS she was only a kid and kids are curious and emulate adults. They don't always know the 'why' when they try something they have seen. And all kids masturbate, in total innocence. As far as they're concerned it just feels nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

Tasden wrote: »
    Can you quote where she said she masturbated at the same time as kissing her sister?
    Cause she didn't.
    She admitted masturbating while the sister was asleep in the same bad, as they slept in same bed together for years.

I'm going by what others have said, unless they're lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Scannal wrote: »
    I'm going by what others have said, unless they're lying.

I'm going by the full book in which it was written.

Again, you're avoiding the question. You're getting closer, admittedly, but we're talking obviously a good 15 years ago where kids didn;t have the internet to look these thigns up.

Also, from reading the extract of the book where it happens, then it very much sounds like exploration.

Jaysus, the internet wasn't around for millennia but kids new what masterbation was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I remember when my close friends and I were drunk once we got onto talking about stuff we did in childhood and it was a massive relief to hear. we all had this shame and guilt about things thinking we were ****ed up children. There was even one very specific experience and it blew our minds that we had all done it. For years carrying it as some sort of signifier that we were destined to be ****ed up. It was pretty innocent but I think when these sorts of things are talked about, it can create an awful lot of peace and understanding.

As well as that, there was a time after primary school up until about 3rd year in secondary school where none of us admitted we fapped, but similarly once someone admitted it, then we were all grand, didnt have to worry about being the lone fapper who's destined for depravity.

So I'm not sure about the boundaries of what is and isn't acceptable when it comes to childhood exploration. But I do know that the attitude of pretending genitals are seperate entities not to be touched or discussed until adulthood is a very unhealthy one for developing minds that question absolutely everything. The secrecy and unwillingness to talk about it only causes people to turn in on themselves and think they're the problem when in fact society still isn't mature enough to deal with it. Pedo-hysteria doesn't help either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It looks like her sister is only a few years younger than her. So if her sister was a toddler when this was happening the "abuser" was around 9 years old?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I never said it was rape, I said it was sick. I then clearly explained how it was sick. The judge has gone home, the case is long over.

Fair point about the rape, but beyond that perhaps this is justpeople being revolted by a topic that involves kids and some sort of sexual activity in the same sentence?

There seems to be an presumption of unbroken angelic innocence about children younger than 14, which simply does not exist in a lot of cases. They do sexual things, they don;t see them as particuallry bad or dirty or even special. They get bored and they move on. Even if there's a few years age difference.

Both Dunham and her sister seem to have moved on. Neither seems to have exhibied emotional scaring.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

The judge hasn't even based the decision on the facts :pac:
    You've made up your own story

Maybe some witness testimony was false, we have yet to establish that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I dunno, the whole thing is a bit strange. I mean we were all young and curious once but that seems a bit extreme!

I'm going by the full book in which it was written.

Oh we've got a fan, objection! What exactly did she do then when she was 13?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Bit of a shitty thing to do to your Sister, from beginning to end. Thanks, Sis', for telling the whole world about the time your bribed me into kissing you and masterbating while in the bed next to me!

Some piece of work.

Maybe some witness testimony was false, we have yet to establish that.

Ok so in the mean time, don't go by her entirely voluntary admission, instead make up a weird story about her masturbating while kissing her sister? Cause we don't know the facts!

Fair point about the rape, but beyond that perhaps this is justpeople being revolted by a topic that involves kids and some sort of sexual activity in the same sentence?

There seems to be an presumption of unbroken angelic innocence about children younger than 14, which simply does not exist in a lot of cases. They do sexual things, they don;t see them as particuallry bad or dirty or even special. They get bored and they move on. Even if there's a few years age difference.

Both Dunham and her sister seem to have moved on. Neither seems to have exhibied emotional scaring.

I don't know much about Dunham but from what I do she seems a bit weird to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

She was 13 when she bribed her seven your old sister to kiss her while she masturbated. Nothing sexual there, no?

Wtf is wrong with people?!
    fedor.2. wrote: »
    So,how many did you bribe and get to kiss you while you masturbated

It doesn't say anywhere that she masturbated while bribing her sister to kiss her! This didn't happen.

Ok so in the mean time, don't go by her entirely voluntary admission, instead make up a weird story about her masturbating while kissing her sister? Cause we don't know the facts!

In this court room we can only go by the evidence presented. This story was presented by one of our wittnesses. If it's untrue we will have to punish the witness appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The facts are all in the book, which is where the claim that she bribed her sister to kiss her while she masturbates originates according to those who have said they read it.

In any event, it seems that 'prying open' a one year old's vagina is something that's viewed as normal behavior for 7 year old's. And bribing a 6 year old to kiss a 13 year old is a-ok too. What a time to be alive.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It doesn't say anywhere that she masturbated while bribing her sister to kiss her! This didn't happen.

But we don't know the facts, only what she has voluntarily opened up about, so we're assuming there must be more she is hiding and making up sordid stories in the mean time!

The facts are all in the book, which is where the claim that she bribed her sister to kiss her while she masturbates originates according to those who have said they read it.

In any event, it seems that 'prying open' a one year old's vagina is something that's viewed as normal behavior for 7 year old's. And bribing a 6 year old to kiss a 13 year old is a-ok too. What a time to be alive.

I've read the book. She didn't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Did she say this?
    "I shared a bed with my sister, Grace, until I was seventeen years old. She was afraid to sleep alone and would begin asking me around 5:00 P.M. every day whether she could sleep with me. I put on a big show of saying no, taking pleasure in watching her beg and sulk, but eventually I always relented. Her sticky, muscly little body thrashed beside me every night as I read Anne Sexton, watched reruns of SNL, sometimes even as I slipped my hand into my underwear to figure some stuff out."

Did she say this?

Where is the kissing?

• Advertisement

What did she say? Just the part about kissing and touching herself or her sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Weird story to say the least. She sounded infatuated with her sister for all the wrong reasons. Very odd behaviour to take pleasure in informing her little sister of her grandfather's death so as to drive her sister into her arms. Children shouldn't be that calculating, if my daughter revealed something similar to me, I'd be bringing her to talk to a professional, call me old fashioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Weird story to say the least. She sounded infatuated with her sister for all the wrong reasons. Very odd behaviour to take pleasure in informing her little sister of her grandfather's death so as to drive her sister into her arms. Children shouldn't be that calculating, if my daughter revealed something similar to me, I'd be bringing her to talk to a professional, call me old fashioned.

An old-fashioned person wouldn't bring her to a professional :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

In fairness, as a woman and in the eyes of the law of liberalism in the western anglophone world, what she did apparently completely acceptable. If she were a man she would have been jailed a long time ago. We have feminism to ensure that women like her are free apparently to experiment sexually with children.

Where is the kissing?

New evidence has come to light: "sometimes even as I slipped my hand into my underwear to figure some stuff out." Now that's a bit sick, how old was she at this time? 13? Older?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

An old-fashioned person wouldn't bring her to a professional :p

Good man.

I don't know much about Dunham but from what I do she seems a bit weird to say the least.

Nor do I to be fair, but taht's beside the point.

dissed doc wrote: »
    In fairness, as a woman and in the eyes of the law of liberalism in the western anglophone world, what she did apparently completely acceptable. If she were a man she would have been jailed a long time ago. We have feminism to ensure that women like her are free apparently to experiment sexually with children.

That's rubbish, what she did was sick, it would be sick if it was a 13 year old boy aswell but the reaction would be the same. Some would call it sick, some would call it exploration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

New evidence has come to light: "sometimes even as I slipped my hand into my underwear to figure some stuff out." Now that's a bit sick, how old was she at this time? 13? Older?

7. A whole year older so dial back the moral outrage there Ted.

• Advertisement

Reinfoces my point - "figuring stuff out".

Advertisement