Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lena Dunham Autobiography, Allegations of Abusing Sister.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

smash wrote: »
    Did you pry open someone vagina playing doctors and nurses? or bribe them with candy?

Because I think that's the difference here.

And she was making those 'bribes' when she was 13.. not when she was 7

A 13 year old is perfectly capable of knowing what is and isn't appropriate behavior. 13 year olds have been jailed for molestation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

I used to pay my sister to sit and comb my hair because I found it relaxing.

Oh wait I must be a calculated predator!

Combing your hair isn't the same as playing with her vagina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Sexual play among children is normal. Put your outrage back in its box until the next pedo story folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

I think she's a crude nasty woman. But a 7 year old is just not sexualised in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I used to pay my sister to sit and comb my hair because I found it relaxing.

Oh wait I must be a calculated predator!

That's just a tiny bit different though ain't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

The stuff when she was 13 was a bit odd though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Scannal wrote: »
    Combing your hair isn't the same as playing with her vagina.

Children dont really have a concept of 'sexual parts' though do they? To us it's like 'OMG a vagina!' but to young children it's just a body part.

Children dont really have a concept of 'sexual parts' though do they? To us it's like 'OMG a vagina!' but to young children it's just a body part.

She was 13 when she bribed her seven your old sister to kiss her while she masturbated. Nothing sexual there, no?

Wtf is wrong with people?!

No, I know this but she did stuff when she was older and why write about it in a book? It's a bit sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The fact she chose to publize such personal details seems very questionable, and as others have mentioned, the other stuff she admitted doing at an older age is a bit odd. It would be different if it concerned her, and her alone, but she brings her sister into it as well.

I read she also decided to out her sister to her parents. Puts quite a negative slant on her tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bad actor? Yes
    Bit of a nob-head? Also yes.

Sexual predator? Probably not. Not that its right mind, just.... I dunno. Why the hell does some conceited 28 year old need an autobiography anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I read a report once that somethign like 60% of people have had some sort of sexual experience with another kid roughtly their same age before they're 12. Even if it's just touching.

So that makes 60% of us guilty of pedophilia and - if we go by the hyperbolic OP - RAPE!!!:eek: by the time we hit the age of 12.

It's exploration. Experimentation. Kids do it. Lots of them. And I gather a lot of the people posting here - especially the pitchfork carriers (and you know who you are) are also guilty.

So down off the high horse. His back can't hold you all.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

The way certain sections of the liberal media fawn over her makes me ill.
    She's a spoilt brat who, for whatever reason, has a wildly inflated sense of self-importance.

I read a report once that somethign like 60% of people have had some sort of sexual experience with another kid roughtly their same age before they're 12. Even if it's just touching.

So that makes 60% of us guilty of pedophilia and - if we go by the hyperbolic OP - RAPE!!!:eek: by the time we hit the age of 12.

It's exploration. Experimentation. Kids do it. Lots of them. And I gather a lot of the people posting here - especially the pitchfork carriers (and you know who you are) are also guilty.

Were you doing stuff with a 7 year old when you were 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

So,how many did you bribe and get to kiss you while you masturbated

Were you doing stuff with a 7 year old when you were 13?

In answer to your question, I honestly can't remember. Probably not.

I did say "roughly the same age". I also refered to it as "exploration". If you're telling me that you see this as more a case of rape than exploration, then please put forward yoru case.

In answer to your question, I honestly can't remember. Probably not.

I did say "roughly the same age". I also refered to it as "exploration". If you're telling me that you see this as more a case of rape than exploration, then please put forward yoru case.

It'd be like someone in 1st year of secondary kissing someone in 1st class of primary school while masterbating at the same time. I didn't say it was rape but I did say it's sick and it is. Case closed.

"I took a perverse pleasure in delivering bad news to her, like the death of her grandfather.. hoping the fear would drive her into my arms"

Yep.. totally normal way for a 13 year old to treat a 7 year old /s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I reckon I did a few iffy things with cousins when I was 5/6/7, I've heard many other stories from many people over the years. Once friend peed on his cousins fanny! I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here especially as a later chapter in the book describes a rape that lots of people would deny is a rape.

I agree 'rape' is completely the wrong term.
    If that were the case, anyone who's applied nappy rash cream to a baby could be accused of same!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

She's unquestionably behaved inappropriately. But its not rape.

It'd be like someone in 1st year of secondary kissing someone in 1st class of primary school while masterbating at the same time. I didn't say it was rape but I did say it's sick and it is. Case closed.

Eh.... no it isn't - it's ot even close!

You have neither presented your case that this is rape, not rebuked mine that it's exploration.

Case reopened as the elastic band holding it all together just snapped.

Eh.... no it isn't - it's ot even close!

You have neither presented your case that this is rape, not rebuked mine that it's exploration.

Case reopened as the elastic band holding it all together just snapped.

So if you walked in on a 13 year old kissing a 7 year while masterbating at the same time you wouldn't feel a bit ill? Then you later find out the 7 year old was bribed with sweets, it's sick, I rest my case.

From the article I dont think the kissing was at the same time as the masturbating.

Also, she's probably calling it masturbating in hindsight- at 13 its more something that's enjoyable and new as opposed to sexual touching? No?

So if you walked in on a 13 year old kissing a 7 year while masterbating at the same time you wouldn't feel a bit ill? Then you later find out the 7 year old was bribed with sweets, it's sick, I rest my case.

It's not an "if" question and it doesn;t matter how I'd feel.

Again:

From the article I dont think the kissing was at the same time as the masturbating.

Also, she's probably calling it masturbating in hindsight- at 13 its more something that's enjoyable and new as opposed to sexual touching? No?

13 year olds are not that young, she has an excuse when she was 7 but I don't know why she put it in a book. She has no excuse when she was 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Can you quote where she said she masturbated at the same time as kissing her sister?
    Cause she didn't.
    She admitted masturbating while the sister was asleep in the same bad, as they slept in same bed together for years.

13 year olds are not that young, she has an excuse when she was 7 but I don't know why she put it in a book. She has no excuse when she was 13.

Again, you're avoiding the question. You're getting closer, admittedly, but we're talking obviously a good 15 years ago where kids didn;t have the internet to look these thigns up.

Also, from reading the extract of the book where it happens, then it very much sounds like exploration.

It's not an "if" question and it doesn;t matter how I'd feel.

Again:

I never said it was rape, I said it was sick. I then clearly explained how it was sick. The judge has gone home, the case is long over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I never said it was rape, I said it was sick. I then clearly explained how it was sick. The judge has gone home, the case is long over.

The judge hasn't even based the decision on the facts :pac:
    You've made up your own story

Advertisement