Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lena Dunham Autobiography, Allegations of Abusing Sister.

Options
  • 03-11-2014 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Calls the public outrage against her admission 'right wing hate'
    Dunham writes of casually masturbating while in bed next to her younger sister, of bribing her with “three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds … anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying.” At one point, when her sister is a toddler, Lena Dunham pries open her vagina — “my curiosity got the best of me,” she offers, as though that were an explanation.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/lena-dunham-responds-to-sex-abuse-claims?bffbnews

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm not seeing rape in there.............

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

WTAF

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i've never seen this person in anything but everything i've read about her shows her to be an idiot, and fame hungry one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

How does a toddler give consent?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

She's shamed her father Jeff here bigtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Children aren't exactly sexual beings... Therefore I would imagine the incident put into context wasnt harmful or dangerous by nature, or abusive towards her sibling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Oh dear. Imagine if it was a male person admitting to having done the same to his little sister. They same people on here who 'don't see a problem' would be screaming hysterically for blood.

She clearly demonstrates natural sexual predator tendencies. She did not just do it once. She also had a natural inclination to bribing. Very disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

i've never seen this person in anything but everything i've read about her shows her to be an idiot, and fame hungry one at that.

Well if you read anything about her. You would know she is the total opposite. She got her own HBO tv show at the end of 24. She wrote, directed and produced the whole first season. She was also the main. There is very few women who can break into the TV industry, never mind a 24 year old.

She is the opposite of fame hunger. She doesnt go onto a TV to play the whole innocent, sweet heart like most Americans. She is raw, as its her personality and thats what give her attention in the media. She openly talks about her OCD and her self-images issues on national TV with no issues. She doesnt sell it to a tabloid like a fame whore.

She is probably the most influential 20 something in America. She openly talks about gay rights, the lack of women in the film/tv industry and the lack of opportunity in the US for young people. Her book reveals all her vulnerabilities and issues that everyone has, but doesnt want to discuss. She is probably the best role model in the US now for young people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Buzzfeed rapes my eyes. Why won't they admit to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Children aren't exactly sexual beings... Therefore I would imagine the incident put into context wasnt harmful or dangerous by nature, or abusive towards her sibling.

I dunno, 'prying open' a toddler's vagina sounds a bit iffy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Who? What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

What age was she at the time?

Ah I see, a 28 year old with an autobiography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Timmyctc wrote: »

Seven, according to herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Timmyctc wrote: »

Think it said she was 7 I could be wrong.

My take on whole thing is I've no interest in her or what she does but if she was doing it at that age I guess you could possibly say it was somewhat innocent and harmless I dunno.

What I do know is that if she was a man she would be getting some seriously bad press world wide right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

hfallada wrote: »
    Well if you read anything about her. You would know she is the total opposite. She got her own HBO tv show at the end of 24. She wrote, directed and produced the whole first season. She was also the main. There is very few women who can break into the TV industry, never mind a 24 year old.

She is the opposite of fame hunger. She doesnt go onto a TV to play the whole innocent, sweet heart like most Americans. She is raw, as its her personality and thats what give her attention in the media. She openly talks about her OCD and her self-images issues on national TV with no issues. She doesnt sell it to a tabloid like a fame whore.

She is probably the most influential 20 something in America. She openly talks about gay rights, the lack of women in the film/tv industry and the lack of opportunity in the US for young people. Her book reveals all her vulnerabilities and issues that everyone has, but doesnt want to discuss. She is probably the best role model in the US now for young people.

"the best role model in the US now for young people" so young people should molest their younger siblings also?

Celeb writes controversial book and is outraged at controversy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Think it said she was 7 I could be wrong.

My take on whole thing is I've no interest in her or what she does but if she was doing it at that age I guess you could possibly say it was somewhat innocent and harmless I dunno.

What I do know is that if she was a man she would be getting some seriously bad press world wide right now.

If she was a man, possibly, but a seven year old child, hardly.
    Does no-one play 'doctors and nurses' anymore? I clearly remember having a 'you show me yours and I'll show you mine' session with a group of fellow 8 year olds. It wasn't rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

BuzzFeed as a news source, makes the Daily Mail look respectable - guaranteed to be sensationalized clickbait.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Does no-one play 'doctors and nurses' anymore? I clearly remember having a 'you show me yours and I'll show you mine' session with a group of fellow 8 year olds. It wasn't rape.

Did u read my post? I didn't say it was. All I said was if she was male it would be made look much worse right now weather it's innocent or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did u read my post? I didn't say it was. All I said was if she was male it would be made look much worse right now weather it's innocent or not.

Not if it was a seven year old 'man'. Do you seriously think people (even the great evil feminists) would think a seven year old having a look was a rapist?

Agreed ^ There's an innocence with child's play.

I think whats perverse is the adults sexualising it.

If your kid came and and exclaimed 'I touched Susie's bum and kissed her!' (or whatever) your first reaction is hardly gonna be to cart them off to a psychologist for being baby rapists.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Would you write about it in a memoir for your own personal gain and then attack those that see a problem with it?

Unbelievable that people are actually defending what she describes doing, which was far more than 'playing doctors and nurses', not at all surprising that some would defend it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

Why would you write about it in a book when you're 28 or however old she is? Aparantly she's the number one role model for young people in America after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i don't consider someone who displays their vulnerabilities for all to see as an ideal role model for young people.
    this person sounds as though she'd be better off dealing with her issues in private and then attempting to have a career.

if this is the type of stuff (for want of a better word) she has to come out with, then i'm, bloody glad she'll never be someone on my radar.

there are so many young, influential people who are excellent role madels, and this sad sap isn't one. imho.

Not if it was a seven year old 'man'. Do you seriously think people (even the great evil feminists) would think a seven year old having a look was a rapist?

I think people would see it as a bigger deal if a boy did it ya.

No matter what age that's how a lot of people think.

I never said I have any real issues with it kids do these things what I'm saying is if she was male there would be a different reaction. She's getting some bad press but a he would get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I believe it was completely innocent stuff, how the f*ck could it not be at 7 years of age, but despite all her achievements and great opinions she might have to offer the world, she’s a thick if she thought this wasn't going to raise eyebrows somewhere, although that's possibly what she wanted anyway.
    I’d be interested to know if she asked her sister if she could put it in the book before, if she didn't, that would say more about her to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Did you pry open someone vagina playing doctors and nurses? or bribe them with candy?

Because I think that's the difference here.

• Advertisement

I used to pay my sister to sit and comb my hair because I found it relaxing.

Oh wait I must be a calculated predator!

Advertisement