Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Féin the most popular party in latest poll (mod warnings in OP)

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Godge wrote: »
    Ridiculous pontificating.

Asking someone to back-up whether something was or wasn't a stunt.

Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it certainly isn't a horse.

Again...nobody is denying it was a 'stunt' of course it was a 'stunt'.

The question asked though was 'is it a stunt to deflect from the Mairia Cahill allegations' as the poster claimed and has so far failed to back up.
    Your hysterical over reaction to the asking of the question is noted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Again...nobody is denying it was a 'stunt' of course it was a 'stunt'.

The question asked though was 'is it a stunt to deflect from the Mairia Cahill allegations' as the poster claimed and has so far failed to back up.
    Your hysterical over reaction to the asking of the question is noted though.

Well the fact that we are talking about the sit-in rather than the child abuse allegations shows that it succeeded in distracting attention. So the duck has walked past, quacked loudly and people are still proclaiming it was a horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Quoted half my post and ignored the question, not surprised.
    I quoted the entirety of your post that was addressed to me.
    Perhaps write shorter posts if you are confusing yourself?

Well the fact that we are talking about the sit-in rather than the child abuse allegations shows that it succeeded in distracting attention. So the duck has walked past, quacked loudly and people are still proclaiming it was a horse.

Why would we be talking about them in a Dail discussion on water charges? We had 5 hours devoted to this the previous day, and SF did not absent themselves or bring proceedings to a close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Why would we be talking about them in a Dail discussion on water charges? We had 5 hours devoted to this the previous day, and SF did not absent themselves or bring proceedings to a close.

Thats because no one threw a strop and started whingeing the previous day.

Pathetic display - is this what Sinn Fein have come to ? The party of whinge and deflection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 capnblack

Ruth Coppinger TD indicated abuse toward Mairia Cahill on line. According to the recent poll ratings, people support Sinn Fein on their version of events as I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Excellent, should they all have staged a sit-in after Gerry Adams refused to answer the questions asked of him on Wednesday. Are you condemning him for refusing to answer?

If he behaved in a similar manner, absolutely. I'd like to familiarize myself with exactly what happened before I answer, is this the debate you are referring to or did the incident happen during leaders' questions on Wednesday?

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail2014111200029?opendocument

raymon wrote: »
    Thats because no one threw a strop and started whingeing the previous day.

Pathetic display - is this what Sinn Fein have come to ? The party of whinge and deflection?

Can you back up what you said or not? One instance of SF deflecting from MC allegations when asked about them would be good.
    This was a Dail discussion on the improtant issue of IW and what the Gov are planning, that is wholly relevant to any opposition party's mandate regardless of what else they may have on their agenda's.
    Are you saying that SF should not concern themselves with other issues while these unproven allegations are on the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

It might not sound politically correct but if you asked the general population what was of more concern to them currently, Mairia Cahill or sneaky legislation to underpin Water charges, I dare say the majority would be more exercised by the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Delighted with these results. Still a lot of gombeens to be won over. Sister heard this news on the radio recently and she goes "God isn't it scary that Sinn Fein are doing so well". Why? "Because the IRA and all that". Facepalm. I'm pretty sure if I lived in Derry around times like bloody sunday i'd have joined the IRA myself. People are too easily brainwashed by our media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I'd be interested to see peoples reaction to the details held in this article, as highlighted by Ruth Coppinger TD.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/11/13/kick-in-the-shinns/

If he behaved in a similar manner, absolutely. I'd like to familiarize myself with exactly what happened before I answer, is this the debate you are referring to or did the incident happen during leaders' questions on Wednesday?

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail2014111200029?opendocument

Yes, read Regina Doherty's speech for one, then find the answers to her questions. Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

You're not suggesting that Mary didn't really believe with all her heart in what she was doing yesterday are you?
    Nope, never said anything even approaching that.
    Overactive imagination?

I'd be interested to see peoples reaction to the details held in this article, as highlighted by Ruth Coppinger TD.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/11/13/kick-in-the-shinns/

Par for the course when it comes to Sinn Fein.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Delighted with these results. Still a lot of gombeens to be won over. Sister heard this news on the radio recently and she goes "God isn't it scary that Sinn Fein are doing so well". Why? "Because the IRA and all that". Facepalm. I'm pretty sure if I lived in Derry around times like bloody sunday i'd have joined the IRA myself. People are too easily brainwashed by our media.

And would you have raped Mairia Cahill as well? And the little boys in Louth? And dumped Jean McConville in an unmarked grave? And bombed Birmingham and Canary Wharf? And Omagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think I'll close this for a while before I ban everybody!

There's probably enough threads on SF at the minute so this one might well not see the light of day again, terrible loss to boards it is and all! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement