Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Féin the most popular party in latest poll (mod warnings in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

raymon wrote: »
    Prove this , prove that , prove the other ....

What do you want proof on and why do you want the proof from me ?

Im very confused!

That SF are trying to deflect attention away from Maria Cahill allegations, Adams has issued a number of statements, as have MLD and others (ignored) and they have turned up for questioning in the Dail.
    Surely, if they where deflecting, the time to get the Dail suspended was before Wed. not after Wed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    So let's get this straight, if you ask questions about the topic under discussion and they refuse to answer, that's a deflection?
    By who exactly?

Burton can't answer unless enda tells her the answer, enda can't tell her the answer because his handlers haven't written it down for him, his handlers can't write it down because they're making it up as they go along...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Happyman42 wrote: »
    That SF are trying to deflect attention away from Maria Cahill allegations, Adams has issued a number of statements, as have MLD and others (ignored) and they have turned up for questioning in the Dail.
    Surely, if they where deflecting, the time to get the Dail suspended was before Wed. not after Wed?

You want proof that SF is deflecting from the Maria Cahill abuse allegations?
    Really?

What proof are you looking for - a covert video , some fingerprints, a secret map with an x on it ? Maybe a secret door ?

Prove this , prove that , what do you want me to prove ?

Remember all the bullsh1te kenny and burton came out with last week about Adams speaking in New York and how the tickets were $400 each?
    Remember the smartarse remarks on here?

So, at enda's little get together in New York the other night the tickets were, wait for it, $25,000 for a table for 10.
    $2,500 each to listen to a spoofer and a liar.

What a hypocritical, two faced, wan*er we have for taoiseach.

Mod: Poster banned for this and other responses in this thread.

Really?

What proof are you looking for - a covert video , some fingerprints, a secret map with an x on it ? Maybe a secret door ?

You made a claim and are being called on to back it up. Will I hold my breath or not? :rolleyes:
    raymon wrote:
    Or if you need to deflect some recent bad press about abuse cover ups and need a bit of cheap publicity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Once again its damn that pesky democracy. If you are making accusations, provide some semblance of proof for them. its an very easy concept.
    Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Im very confused!

Indeed you seem to be.

Really?

Who needs proof of anything, eh?

You made a claim and are being called on to back it up. Will I hold my breath or not? :rolleyes:

I will get the forensic lab onto the job !

The decent thing to do would be to withdraw your spuious allegation, but no, let's see if we can get some dirt to stick. Admirable. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

walshb wrote: »
    So now anytime a TD thinks or believes that his/her question hasn't been answered they can pull this sort of stunt? Madness

It's now incumbent on Contrary Mary to mount these sit-ins for each and every instance of a waffely response to a question.

I'm sure she won't want to be accused of picking and choosing which answers to mount sit-ins over - she'll want to demonstrate consistency.

She better start bringing a packet of trail-mix, a colectomy bag and a comfortable cushion in with her to future Dail sittings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Prove this , prove that , prove the other ....

What do you want proof on and why do you want the proof from me ?

Im very confused!
    Assume this, assume that, assume the other.
    Yeah, this proving things is hard, isn't it?
    Confused is an understatement.

The decent thing to do would be to withdraw your spuious allegation, but no, let's see if we can get some dirt to stick. Admirable. :rolleyes:

You want me to withdraw my opinion that this was a stunt because I dont have proof ?

You had better rush over to journal.ie and get 52% of the people to back up their opinion with with their proof too .

How could you have missed this outrage ?

http://www.thejournal.ie/mary-lou-mcdonald-sit-in-poll-1779813-Nov2014/

How are you guys letting 52% of readers think that this was a stunt . Quick rush over there and tell them all that they have no proof and to withdraw their allegations.

Quick - before it goes to 53%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

maccored wrote: »
    Once again its damn that pesky democracy. If you are making accusations, provide some semblance of proof for them. its an very easy concept.

Are you going to ask Tinkerbell to produce the same level of proof?
    Are you going to defend Enda Kenny from these baseless unproven allegations?

Or are you just going to be hypocritical on the issue of proof.

Remember all the bullsh1te kenny and burton came out with last week about Adams speaking in New York and how the tickets were $400 each?

So, at enda's little get together in New York the other night the tickets were, wait for it, $25,000 for a table for 10.

Or you could just spout random stuff with no backing evidence whatsoever I guess. Seems to be "working" for you just fine so far.

Or you could just spout random stuff with no backing evidence whatsoever I guess. Seems to be "working" for you just fine so far.

Seems to work for a lot of people around here.

Do you support random allegations of spoofer, liar and wanker that have no proof?

6876 people came to the same random outlandish conclusion as me

thats a mad amount of people making up random stuff

Dont let them get away with this insult on Sinn Fein - go over immediately and demand proof, quick , quick

It's now incumbent on Contrary Mary to mount these sit-ins for each and every instance of a waffely response to a question.
    If it's government question time that would be every day then I guess.
    I'm sure she won't want to be accused of picking and choosing which answers to mount sit-ins over - she'll want to demonstrate consistency.
    LOL, chair wears an Enda Rulez t-shirt to the Dail and you expect McDonald to display consistency...

Godge wrote: »
    Nope, you get called out on it every time Godge.

You want me to withdraw my opinion that this was a stunt because I dont have proof ?

You had better rush over to journal.ie and get 52% of the people to back up their opinion with with their proof too .

How could you have missed this outrage ?

How are you guys letting 52% of readers think that this was a stunt . Quick rush over there and tell them all that they have no proof and to withdraw their allegations.

Quick - before it goes to 53%

So nothing whatsoever to back up what you are saying expect another cohort of people willing to make the same claim without anything to back it up. Brilliant.
    And btw, it was a stunt to bring attention to the gov's refusal to answer a question and the CC facilitation of that.

• Advertisement

6876 people came to the same random outlandish conclusion as me

thats a mad amount of people making up random stuff

Dont let them get away with this insult on Sinn Fein - go over immediately and demand proof, quick , quick
    In case you'd missed it:
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-the-most-popular-party-in-ireland-new-poll-reveals-30710365.html
    Those darned opinion polls, eh? :D

So nothing whatsoever to back up what you are saying expect another cohort of people willing to make the same claim without anything to back it up. Brilliant.
    And btw, it was a stunt to bring attention to the gov's refusal to answer a question and the CC facilitation of that.

You guys better go over there quick and demand proof -

The amount of people who believe it is a stunt has now reached 7072 -

Dont let them get away with this opinion without some kind of evidence . Its an insult to Sinn Fein surely ?

Nope, you get called out on it every time Godge.

Quoted half my post and ignored the question, not surprised.
    Godge wrote: »

Do you support random allegations of spoofer, liar and wanker that have no proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

LOL, chair wears an Enda Rulez t-shirt to the Dail and you expect McDonald to display consistency...

Oh, I don't really.

But surely you should?

You're not suggesting that Mary didn't really believe with all her heart in what she was doing yesterday are you?

Surely as a proud SF supporter you expect, nay demand, that Mary display consistency in this regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

walshb wrote: »
    So now anytime a TD thinks or believes that his/her question hasn't been answered they can pull this sort of stunt? Madness

If the Ceann Comhairle did his job, it wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Ok great so you admit it was a stunt. It was brave of you to admit it

I was just about to hire a polygraph lie detector machine to hook up to Gerry and Mary-lou, to garner the evidence you were requiring

That would have been awkward

You guys better go over there quick and demand proof -

The amount of people who believe it is a stunt has now reached 7072 -

Dont let them get away with this opinion without some kind of evidence . Its an insult to Sinn Fein surely ?

Who says it wasn't a 'stunt'?

Was it a stunt to deflect from the Mairia Cahill allegations though as you claimed?
    You have been called to back that up and still haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I for one would be delighted if she (or any other TD for that matter) did exactly this. It's about time someone made a stand against the absolutely shambolic behavior of our elected parliamentarians.

I for one would be delighted if she (or any other TD for that matter) did exactly this. It's about time someone made a stand against the absolutely shambolic behavior of our elected parliamentarians.

Excellent, should they all have staged a sit-in after Gerry Adams refused to answer the questions asked of him on Wednesday. Are you condemning him for refusing to answer?

• Advertisement

Ridiculous pontificating.

Asking someone to back-up whether something was or wasn't a stunt.

Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it certainly isn't a horse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement