Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Féin the most popular party in latest poll (mod warnings in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jesus, do I have to always finish your sentences for you?

Served their time??? Do you think that was long enough for killing a Garda at point blank range and throwing a party is acceptable???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Godge wrote: »
    Banjo, now that you accept what the Indo has to say, I presume you also accept that whatever they say about Gerry and Padraig Wilson and the rest is also true.

Glad that you have seen the light.

Right........

So because I accept what the Indo has to say, about an incident in today's Dail, that can be backed up by video evidence, widely available to anyone....

Means I must also accept any other story in the paper that doesn't have any evidence, be it video, pictorial or otherwise, but coming from 'a source close to' or 'unconfirmed reports' or sometimes with no reference whatsoever as to where the stories/accusations, and in some cases blatant lies come from......

Did you even think about that before you posted it :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

efb wrote: »
    Their are rules to war you know

This is the most laughable thing I've ever read on the internet lol. What do you think their doing, sitting over a board game with rules etc...

If there are rules to war, go tell that to the afganastans/Iraqis/and Palestinian's, there are rules to war lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Served their time??? Do you think that was long enough for killing a Garda at point blank range and throwing a party is acceptable???

I wasn't the judge who sentenced them.
    Ask him.

I wasn't the judge who sentenced them.
    Ask him.

I'm asking you

• Advertisement

duckcfc wrote: »
    This is the most laughable thing I've ever read on the internet lol. What do you think their doing, sitting over a board game with rules etc...

If there are rules to war, go tell that to the afganastans/Iraqis/and Palestinian's, there are rules to war lol

Alright then...

No, I think they served to much time!! They should have been let out in the good Fri agreement with all the others.

No, I think they served to much time!! They should have been let out in the good Fri agreement with all the others.

Even though SF denied it was an official IRA activity...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

This post has been deleted.
    Your, ahem "contributions" to this thread would indicate quite the exact opposite.

Alright then...

Think about it thou. You said there are rules to war. Do you not think this is laughable. And this was a guerrilla war up north and in uk

• Advertisement

Even though SF denied it was an official IRA activity...

How do you know it wasn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

I'm asking you

They were convicted of manslaughter by the courts of this country. (due process)
    They served over 75% of their sentences behind bars.
    So, if we believe in the rule of law, due process and all that, then my answer is yes.

They were convicted of manslaughter by the courts of this country. (due process)
    They served over 75% of their sentences behind bars.
    So, if we believe in the rule of law, due process and all that, then my answer is yes.

Well I don't think they should get a celebration on release it's an insult to the widow Anne Ferris. I would understand the sentencing if IRA had admitted to the offence up front

How do you know it wasn't!

If it wasn't they wouldn't qualify under GFA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Right........

So because I accept what the Indo has to say, about an incident in today's Dail, that can be backed up by video evidence, widely available to anyone....

Means I must also accept any other story in the paper that doesn't have any evidence, be it video, pictorial or otherwise, but coming from 'a source close to' or 'unconfirmed reports' or sometimes with no reference whatsoever as to where the stories/accusations, and in some cases blatant lies come from......

Did you even think about that before you posted it :confused:

Apparently it is not backed up by the Dail record, which is the official account.

Sounds just like the situation where we have a video of Gerry Adams lying through his teeth but he hasn't been convicted in a court.

I accept the evidence that Eric Byrne made a very stupid remark, despite the fact that it hasn't been officially recordeded. Do you accept the evidence that Gerry Adams is either a liar or a perjurer even though it hasn't been proved in court?

Did you think of that before you posted?

They should never have been let out. Killing a member of AGS should mean life without parole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Apparently it is not backed up by the Dail record, which is the official account.

Sounds just like the situation where we have a video of Gerry Adams lying through his teeth but he hasn't been convicted in a court.

I accept the evidence that Eric Byrne made a very stupid remark, despite the fact that it hasn't been officially recordeded.

My understanding is that the official transcripts from the Dail usually do not include every jeer, heckle, cough and fart made in the Dail, and I'm surprised at you if you thought it would.
    Do you accept the evidence that Gerry Adams is either a liar or a perjurer even though it hasn't been proved in court?

What evidence are you referring to?
    Did you think of that before you posted?

Unfortunately for you, very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Don't the Shinners run a personalised taxi service for Cop Killers?

Horrible little people.

Any predictions for the next opinion poll?

Your last attempt at telling the future was quite a let down

Any predictions for the next opinion poll?

Your last attempt at telling the future was quite a let down
    Really? I found it to be most entertaining myself.

Which is it then? If it was IRA sanctioned then they have to be let out, if not then they stay in jail.
    Let me guess, you want to blame the IRA but still keep them in jail, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I look forward to future Mary Lou sit ins every time a politician fails to answer a question fully.

She'll be worn out just from her own party leader.

Listening to Matt Cooper on the way home this evening, they mentioned that her party colleagues were able to bring her in a few snacks to keep her going during her 4hr ordeal today

*snigger*

They should never have been let out. Killing a member of AGS should mean life without parole.

Well our government doesn't agree with you on this one.

They didn't, sure they didn't walk like rest of prisoners

Well our government doesn't agree with you on this one.

Great, that means nobody can call me a FG shill anymore, doesn't it?:D:D

My understanding is that the official transcripts from the Dail usually do not include every jeer, heckle, cough and fart made in the Dail, and I'm surprised at you if you thought it would.

And not every murderer, psychopath, rapist and child abuser gets convicted, but that doesn't mean they were innocent. I'm surprised at you if you thought otherwise.

Just like O.J., we can know who is guilty of what without a court conviction, and we can know who said what, without a Dail record.

What evidence are you referring to?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fintan-o-toole-tough-questions-for-adams-on-child-protection-1.1970440

Plenty of others have analysed the TV programme and court transcript and come to the same conclusion. You can review the evidence yourself if you think differently.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Which is it then? If it was IRA sanctioned then they have to be let out, if not then they stay in jail.
    Let me guess, you want to blame the IRA but still keep them in jail, right?

They initially denied it- then used ut for early release

They initially denied it- then used ut for early release
    It doesn't matter whether they denied it, they were convicted as IRA members and therefore subject to he GFA.
    SF didn't have to do anything.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    It doesn't matter whether they denied it, they were convicted as IRA members and therefore subject to he GFA.
    SF didn't have to do anything.

Well, it just demonstrates once again that SF/IRA are pathological liars so we don't have to believe anything they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Does anyone know whe the next poll is,and what paper.?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Well, it just demonstrates once again that SF/IRA are pathological liars so we don't have to believe anything they say.

Would you put the FG/LP in the same boat with their election promises.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement