Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trick or treaters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Soooo aside from the trick or treaters Halloween night also offers a superb opportunity to observe some of the finer specimens in society.

Any trouble going on in your area (yet)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

cml387 wrote: »
    Most embarassing moment? Opening the door on Trick or Treat night and automatically putting sweets in the bag and closing the door...on the guy delivering the Chinese takeaway we'd ordered.

Was that his tip ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Trick or treat?

This isn't America.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Trick or treat?

This isn't America.

It's been trick or treat for awhile. Move with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Hooked

Learned my lesson in previous years... Be stingy-ish with the treats and make sure you don't run out!!! Don't make the error of offering up a bowl of dunnes best '3 packs for 5 euro' selection.

One thing that hasn't changed... Most kids (chaperoned by parents) have no manners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Trick or treat?

This isn't America.

It's been trick or treat since I was a young lad so at least 20 years. What rock are you living under?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We've had a lull for about half an hour now so hopefully that's the last of them. We don't open the door to them after 8.30, if they haven't been around by then feck em.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My dog just scared the sh!te out of some poor 2 foot witch/ghost type thing :( I had to throw sweets down the driveway as she ran away :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

All lights are off, curtains closed, trying to keep the dog quiet. Not one sprog on the knocker yet. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 littlebuddy84

Not one single trick or treater this year after me spending hours making lovely cupakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Not one single trick or treaters this year after me spending hours making lovely cupakes.

ungreatfull little ****es
    Same here will be eating haribo jellys for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My dog just scared the sh!te out of some poor 2 foot witch/ghost type thing :( I had to throw sweets down the driveway as she ran away :(

It's a funny image though!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

I like to make an effort at Halloween and I've dressed up. I just made a trick or treater burst out crying. I scared the ****e (probably literally) out of her.

I'm half guilty, half utterly delighted with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Not a single trick or treater this evening. I'll have to eat all these sweets myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Reminiscent of the Roddy Doyle classic 'The Van', in all the comotion and disorganisation my sister actually gave out the child's nappy one year to a young lad.

What the poor kid must have thought when he got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

had about 8 sets of trick or treaters tonight.... but not one of them sang any tunes... what the hell!!?!??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

fussyonion wrote: »
    I have 40 little bags of mixed sweets (lollies and jellies etc) but I don't know how many to hand out to each trick-or-treater.
    If I give one each, I'll probably be left with lots of bags, and if I give out too many, I'll have none left for the other trick-or-treaters.
    I wouldn't mind but I don't want to be left with any...they're horrible sweets.

+1 ... was in the same scenario earlier.... now i've no little bags left.. poor little girls face when all she got a a packet of crisps :(

anyone else calling now will get a wee bag of popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Not a single trick or treater this evening. I'll have to eat all these sweets myself.

First world problems.

I made the grave error of letting my little boy help dish out the sweets to the trick or treaters. He was a bit too generous so we ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

One enterprising group announced "We're allergic to healthy food". Suspect someone on the road is handing out apples...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

A few years ago I was living near this complete and utter little sh*t. This kid permanently runs riot and his parents won't listen to complaints. Everyone on the street hates him, So when he came around to my door i distracted him asking what flavour of crisps he liked while I snuck half a freshly cut onion into his bag. I'll never know if it had the desired effect but it felt good.

By the way, I'm very generous normally. I've also found that some kids nowadays love getting fruit, presumably their parents don't get them much. One year a kid saw me take an apple out of the fruit bowl for him and asked "mister, could I have an orange too, please?" and when I gave it ran off shouting "they have fruit!". 2 minutes later I was swarmed and totally baffled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

The mother gave our next door neighbors kid a fist full of sweets and stuff and when the child got to our gate she ****ed em away onto the road, little cnut probably looking for money.

Barely any fireworks going off this year too which is a surprise as I live in a big town with big housing estates, we also haven't been allowed bonfires here for years either so at this stage Halloween is dead here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Had 3 groups knock on the door since i came in have notting to give to them as the mother never made up bags and there is no sweets at all in the house as no one at home eats them.

Fell bad i had notting to give :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

By the way, I'm very generous normally. I've also found that some kids nowadays love getting fruit, presumably their parents don't get them much. One year a kid saw me take an apple out of the fruit bowl for him and asked "mister, could I have an orange too, please?" and when I gave it ran off shouting "they have fruit!". 2 minutes later I was swarmed and totally baffled.

Probably using the fruit to throw at something/someone!

We had 41 kids call, I only did 40 party bags! The last group were 5 kids, felt awful for the 5th kid when I only had 4 bags. Had to go hunting for something to give the poor kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Made up 45 bags. Had 44 callers. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Made up 45 bags. Had 44 callers. Happy days!

Wow, 44?
    I only had 5 or 6. Stupid kids :pac: Actually one "kid" looked about 14 there lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bought a load of sweets and crisps, the only time the doorbell went it was a sarky Trocaire chugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

I have come to the conclusion that kids love Halloween more than Christmas. They get to dress up in cool costumes, go out and about in the dark, meet their friends and neighbours and get enough sweets to last a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I have come to the conclusion that kids love Halloween more than Christmas. They get to dress up in cool costumes, go out and about in the dark, meet their friends and neighbours and get enough sweets to last a month.

A month??

Any kid worth their salt has their sweets gone by the weekend

Loads more kids than I had sweetie bags for so went to plan b after child 15 or so. Scrapped the bag idea and gave them very small handfuls.

Was there a baby boom a few years back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I had exactly 0 trick or treaters. The benefits of having many geriatric neighbours :)

Advertisement