Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trick or treaters

Options
  • 25-10-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

Does anyone still give out fruit on Halloween night?
    What do you give?

I just buy the famous Bag of Crap from Dominic's, Tallaght for €5.99-it's lollipops, chewy bars and jellies..then just distribute them in little plastic bags.
    That'll keep the little pipsqueaks quiet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I forgot to stock up for them last year, neighbour kids looked a bit bemused to get cereal bars and low fat crisps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Onner bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

dee_mc wrote: »
    I forgot to stock up for them last year, neighbour kids looked a bit bemused to get cereal bars and low fat crisps!

Hahah I can just imagine that scene! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

10 Major.

Ruu wrote: »
    10 Major.

Showing your age! Can't get 10s anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

10 spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Mini toothpastes and toothbrushes is what ill be giving this year and a little horror story I like to call "GINGIVITIS!!" woooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just don't offer them your nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Homemade hummus, tabbouleh salad, flatbreads, cottage cheese. Kale, Pepper and Ginger shakes for the kids; organic Sava for the adults.

10 spot

I'm being too generous giving out onners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A few years ago I was living in a..... well, lets say it was an economically not-so-well-off estate. I genuinely forgot it was Hallowe'en, and got completely caught out when kids started banging on the door.

All I had was a bunch of grapes in the kitchen - so I slightly embarrassedly handed out a handful of them to the kids, saying that I was sorry I had nothing else.

I've never seen kids so excited about some grapes. "Oh missus, I haven't had grapes in AAAAAAGES!" or " we NEVER get grapes!" something along those lines - if I hadn't heard it myself I wouldn't have believed it.

Wouldn't advocate it as a policy, but they certainly went down well that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Nay nay nay. They won't eat them and will just feel a bit cheated out of potential sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

Just give them your Nigerian bank account No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I always liked money best as a kid but this generation seem happy with sweets. FOOLS!

I'm sad to say I think fruit was and still is the ultimate halloween disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Im going to make a load of rice crispie cakes and lace them with Epsom Salts

Im going to make a load of rice crispie cakes and lace them with Epsom Salts

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If they're lucky, I'll replace the birdshot with salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Kids used to come to my door and I gave them garden peas, homegrown potatoes and tomatoes.

They don't come around any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Watching 'Beverley Hills 90210' last night, they were giving out raisins... raisins!

I suppose I'd be happy with a couple of bags of sweets or maybe an apple or even as one poster suggested - a few grapes, but raisins?

Feckin' miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

I went out with my 3 and 6 year old niece and nephew on halloween a couple of years ago in a small rural town. I stood back for the first 10 or so houses to give them their space to sing their wee song and look cute in their outfits.

I was shocked how horrible people were, hostile even, on two occasions I had to step in to take the kids away and all of the sudden the faces changed to all lovely dovey and smiles when they seen me. It was an eye opener. They were all neighbours! The kids just wanted to go home.

I love it when kids call to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Ah don't give them fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

The gone off rotten fruit is good enough if I answer the door to them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Front of the house: lights off. Doorbell: ignored. Trick or treaters: somebody else's problem.

Once the correct form, 'help the Halloween party', returns, I'll get involved again. Ye can all feck right off with yer 'trick or treat' shyte. And it's a fishtfull of monkey nuts ye'll be gettin'!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

policarp wrote: »
    Why?
    For shits and giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Any Apples or Nut, Missus

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A few years ago I was living in a..... well, lets say it was an economically not-so-well-off estate. I genuinely forgot it was Hallowe'en, and got completely caught out when kids started banging on the door.

All I had was a bunch of grapes in the kitchen - so I slightly embarrassedly handed out a handful of them to the kids, saying that I was sorry I had nothing else.

I've never seen kids so excited about some grapes. "Oh missus, I haven't had grapes in AAAAAAGES!" or " we NEVER get grapes!" something along those lines - if I hadn't heard it myself I wouldn't have believed it.

Wouldn't advocate it as a policy, but they certainly went down well that night!

Your sarcasm detector needs replacing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Just give them old Irish money, they'll be delighted so they will.

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    The gone off rotten fruit is good enough if I answer the door to them :pac:

'Candy_Girl'.

Oh sweet irony.

For shits and giggles

Why would you want to harm children?
    Giggles and ****s?
    They are only children.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Front of the house: lights off. Doorbell: ignored. Trick or treaters: somebody else's problem.

Once the correct form, 'help the Halloween party', returns, I'll get involved again. Ye can all feck right off with yer 'trick or treat' shyte. And it's a fishtfull of monkey nuts ye'll be gettin'!

:mad:

Wanķer

Advertisement