Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Cycling MeetUp Dundrum"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Jk_Eire wrote: »
    Gonna try make this.

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Is there a route?

Since I forgot to sign up for the orwell spin again I might make this one if you'll have me.

Not a bodder. . . 👍 👍 👍 👍

Is there a route?

As I had proposed this as an easy intro spin for those who are unsure about their fitness etc we will be going no further than Enniskerry and we will be basically covering various roads around the Shankill Rathmichael area. We can expect to do about 60 k.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

I am like 90% that I'll be joining as well. Will make the final call in the morning and will show up if all is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

It is to be dry as far as I can see, see your there

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Am I right in thinking it's about a 3.5 hour or less trip ?

Am I right in thinking it's about a 3.5 hour or less trip ?

2.5 -3 max .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Who won?

And more importantly did Bikerbhoy make you all buy him coffee?

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

Well I joined the back of the wrong group and then discovered I left my bottle at home. Sorry I'll try and catch ye the next time

• Advertisement

daragh_ wrote: »
    Who won?

And more importantly did Bikerbhoy make you all buy him coffee?

:-)

The "Goat" otherwise known as Colm18 first over everything as usual . . .and no I had to dip my own pocket for coffee unfortunately, this will however change going forward . .

meisce wrote: »
    Well I joined the back of the wrong group and then discovered I left my bottle at home. Sorry I'll try and catch ye the next time

Ah no worries we got there about 9.20 ish waited til half and then pulled off . . We were however wondering about a racer parked outside the Step Inn bar door and guessed if that was you maybe you needed a pint more than a cycle therefore we decided to leave well enough alone . .
    see you next time

Thanks to everyone who turned up I hope you all enjoyed the spin. . .

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Bikerbhoy wrote: »

Yep ,enjoyed that cheers, good route, good company,good coffee.

colm18 wrote: »
    Yep ,enjoyed that cheers, good route, good company,good coffee.

I Like cake didnt like climbing so much after cake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Bikerbhoy wrote: »

Really enjoyable route Bikerbhoy, and great company, thanks for organising.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TripleMinor

Really enjoyed it..great route
    I'll be keeping an eye out for more in the future
    Thanks

Use a referral link when purchasing a Tesla and get free Supercharging KMs https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/stephen958732

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Thanks guys sorry for being crap on the road.

Hey , you made the effort and turned up, you took part and I hope, you enjoyed it . . .What's crap about that . .Cumon now ! ! !

If you sat on your arse at home this morning, did nothing and then read comments by all who went on spin wishing you had gone , now that's . . Crap ! !

Well done man.

Good show this morning lads. Really enjoyed that.
    Kudos to BikerBhoy for organising!

• Advertisement

same as I say to missus when shes struggling on bike, every km you do is a km more than you would have done by giving up.

Anybody got a Stava link actually? Few hills and nice roads I wouldn't mind doing again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Anybody got a Stava link actually? Few hills and nice roads I wouldn't mind doing again.

Here's mine ; I did 45k or so before meeting up with you guys - http://www.strava.com/activities/214627833

http://www.strava.com/activities/214667545

thats upto the tea/coffee stop part 2 is the other part

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

colm18 wrote: »
    Here's mine ; I did 45k or so before meeting up with you guys - http://www.strava.com/activities/214627833

Looked like a great hilly spin , would have loved to gone on it , but living too far away to make over on time , I always read these boards spin threads in envy

sullzz wrote: »
    Looked like a great hilly spin , would have loved to gone on it , but living too far away to make over on time , I always read these boards spin threads in envy

Yeah 'twas a nice little route with a few little kickers here and there benefit of this route is that its a testing enough little spin out approx 60k and as I said previously Enniskerry is your furthest point if you need to get back soon your never far from home

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Good to meet you, didn't know you were rollingscone on the day! I was the lad in the boards gear on the black and yellow Ridley. To be fair, there were a couple of surprisingly lumpy bits thrown in there, and I was very glad to have some nice low gears on my own bike. Even then I was puffing and panting myself by times.

Looking forward to the next one.

smacl wrote: »

Looking forward to the next one.

OK guys let's keep the momentum going here.

Group spin next Sunday 9th Nov meeting Balally Luas stop, departing 9.00 am 20 - 25 k pace

All Welcome

ROUTE : Enniskerry Djouce Ballinastoe Roundwood back via Calary with one or two little surprises to keep us warm.

Who's in ?

• Advertisement

PLEASE NOTE :

SPINS CURRENTLY BEING ORGANISED BY ME ARE IN THE CAPACITY OF A BOARDS.ie MEMBER FOR OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FORUM TO PARTICIPATE IN AS THEY PLEASE

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THESE SPINS ARE NOT CURRENTLY ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH TEAM THINKBIKE.ie CYCLING CLUB or THE SHOP.

It is everyones own responsibility to be self sufficient on these spins re : spares, tools, food, hydration etc.

As regards insurance again this is up to each individual to address themselves as they see fit.

If anyone needs clarification on any of the above points please do not hesitate to contact me

Regards & Thanks
    Adrian

Advertisement