Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 15 laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭plonker

Join the Dell VIP club for the 10% off code,works out at €179.10 delivered,cant resist at that price!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

plonker wrote: »
    Join the Dell VIP club for the 10% off code,works out at €179.10 delivered,cant resist at that price!!!!!!!!!

Any chance you want to share it or is it a unique code for each person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

homingbird wrote: »

As usual for Argos no stock available

shardylan wrote: »
    Any chance you want to share it or is it a unique code for each person

its a unique code you get

http://www.dell.ie/vip

• Advertisement

Thanks got it fairly easily.Delighted I waited and got this at great price.Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Been looking for a cheap laptop for casual use for a while now. €179.10 is too good to turn down. Thanks all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The only laptop i would ever buy is a Dell.
    Head over heels above the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

Cheers for this, just ordered one. Bargain alright at e179, can't complain at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I'm confused about signing up under vip,

Do you sign up under a pretend company or student?

• Advertisement

I just typed in my surname and email and they sent me a code it's easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Comes with 20GB Dropbox space for a year too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Think I'll get this. Will need one for college next year. All I'll use it for is Microsoft Word, browsing, watching movies. Good idea or is this laptop missing anything crucial? It's a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Think I'll get this. Will need one for college next year. All I'll use it for is Microsoft Word, browsing, watching movies. Good idea or is this laptop missing anything crucial? It's a great price!

its missing a dvd/cd player other then that seems excellent value for basic use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Balmed Out wrote: »
    its missing a dvd/cd player other then that seems excellent value for basic use.

No ethernet port or usb 3 either. Not really an issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Lack of ethernet port isn't a big issue until the one time you need one and then it's a pain in the a$$

A lot of routers, for example, can only be configured when they are hooked up directly by an ethernet port. (it should be all of them for security reasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Ethernet is it is if its the only laptop you have on your network and you want to setup a wireless network, great deal as an extra one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You always get a USB to Ethernet adapter. But I would agree the lack of USB3 and Ethernet, would be the things I would miss.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lack of ethernet port is annoying alright....and even if you have a USB one, inevitably you'll leave it behind the one time you need ethernet access.

That being said, I've had my ultrabook over 2 years now and it doesn't have an ethernet and I don't really miss it that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 straaachan

Will the 10% Dell VIP discount work with the 7% Inspiron discount code given at the top of the product page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

A bit annoying it doesn't have an ethernet port but Mac Air's don't either so I'll compare it to that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Dymo wrote: »
    A bit annoying it doesn't have an ethernet port but Mac Air's don't either so I'll compare it to that.

The Pro doesn't either...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I can't seem to get the vip discount to work with this offer. It tells me:
    Coupons Entered
    The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements

I can't seem to get the vip discount to work with this offer. It tells me:
    Coupons Entered
    The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements

order on the VIP site not on the Dell site,it should accept the code then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Ordered this last night with 10% off as VIP...being delivered next Thursday...registering for VIP bit grand...and can opt out at any time...thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

plonker wrote: »
    order on the VIP site not on the Dell site,it should accept the code then

I've being trying it for a couple of hours now and still no luck. It might be because I'm using a tablet and I keep getting redirected to the Dell. Ie checkout page. I'm basically doing a google search for Dell vip, going to the site and adding the inspiron to the basket. When I paste in the coupon it just cones up with the same error. I will probably have to wait until I'm at a computer on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I've being trying it for a couple of hours now and still no luck. It might be because I'm using a tablet and I keep getting redirected to the Dell. Ie checkout page. I'm basically doing a google search for Dell vip, going to the site and adding the inspiron to the basket. When I paste in the coupon it just cones up with the same error. I will probably have to wait until I'm at a computer on Sunday.
    Never worked on a computer for me either. My experience is that only some of the VIP codes work but most of them require additional information which there does not appear to be any way of inputting. 5 months later and Dell still haven't replied to my email about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nugnug21

Hey I'm just wondering has anyone been asked for the name of the bank that issued your card when you are checking out this Dell laptop? Bit worried as its a bit of an unusual question for online payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Nugnug21 wrote: »
    Hey I'm just wondering has anyone been asked for the name of the bank that issued your card when you are checking out this Dell laptop? Bit worried as its a bit of an unusual question for online payment.

Yeah I got the same question, entered it without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nugnug21 wrote: »

Not unusual.
    I order from Dell all the time and they remember my card details.
    The name of the issuing bank is always there. I had to enter it initially though as I do on every site during payment.

Advertisement