Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Project Cypher IPTV great atm for live tv including Sky sports & movies.

Don't know for how long though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They were all premier league pass streams .I checked all the them at one stage every one of them was working in HD.

Sorry for the stupid question but where are they located in Phoenix? I got a stream yesterday but wasn't even standard definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Phoenix
    Phoenix tv
    Sports
    Live sports
    Live football

wally1990 wrote: »
    Phoenix
    Phoenix tv
    Sports
    Live sports
    Live football

Thanks for that. Seems the Arsenal Everton game is still sitting in it :/ and nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Seems the Arsenal Everton game is still sitting in it :/ and nothing else

Install operation RoboCop they've premier league pass streams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Which channel are you using? NBCSN has been down :(

Its back up in woodys,within phoenix TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Anyone having issues with BBC iplayer for the last few days not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Is this the one in xunity repo ?
    if yes then it could be because of the repo has update to become a paid repo. altho it is something low like 2 dollars a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

Ste- wrote: »
    if yes then it could be because of the repo has update to become a paid repo. altho it is something low like 2 dollars a year.

When did that happen? What does it mean for people who have installed add ons from that repo - will they not update or work anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

2 dollars a year.

the robbing b's!

I'd happily pay for a year Christ that's nothing. On xunitys site i can see no option to sign up for the service?

I'd happily pay for a year Christ that's nothing. On xunitys site i can see no option to sign up for the service?

As far as I am aware, one of the founding principles of XBMC/Kodi was to make things available to everybody for free. While it might be only $2 now, once you have to start paying for things, it's a slippery slope....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

BandMember wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, one of the founding principles of XBMC/Kodi was to make things available to everybody for free. While it might be only $2 now, once you have to start paying for things, it's a slippery slope....

You seem to have a problem differentiating between the Kodi software and some plugins which provide a service.

There is nothing wrong with providing paid services for those who wish to pay .... such as Netflix etc.

That there are plugins for Kodi to display these services is a bonus for those who like to use Kodi for all their media requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

You seem to have a problem differentiating between the Kodi software and some plugins which provide a service.

There is nothing wrong with providing paid services for those who wish to pay .... such as Netflix etc.

That there are plugins for Kodi to display these services is a bonus for those who like to use Kodi for all their media requirements.

Um, I think you completely missed my point to be honest.... :confused:

I was referring to the fact that the whole principle of Kodi was to make stuff accessible for free to people. Now, I've no problems with subscription services like the ones that are available (e.g. Netflix, IPTV etc.). People have the option and the choice whether or not they want to join and pay the subscription.

My point is that when they start charging for repos, albeit just a token fee, and those repos contain the "free" add ons, then it's the beginning of a slippery slope....

There has been a lot of fighting and arguments in the world of Kodi over the past year or two between developers, add on makers, repos.......well.....everyone really over what way things should be done, people who rip off code and/or streams and, the biggest of all, the free vs paid debate.

At the end of the day, it's personal choice what people choose to use and not to use. However, if they start going down the paid route, they will only end up killing it over time. Eventually, it will either go corporate/official or people will just move on to the next free thing that comes along to replace it. It's the way of the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

BandMember wrote: »
    Um, I think you completely missed my point to be honest.... :confused:

I was referring to the fact that the whole principle of Kodi was to make stuff accessible for free to people. Now, I've no problems with subscription services like the ones that are available (e.g. Netflix, IPTV etc.). People have the option and the choice whether or not they want to join and pay the subscription.

My point is that when they start charging for repos, albeit just a token fee, and those repos contain the "free" add ons, then it's the beginning of a slippery slope....

There has been a lot of fighting and arguments in the world of Kodi over the past year or two between developers, add on makers, repos.......well.....everyone really over what way things should be done, people who rip off code and/or streams and, the biggest of all, the free vs paid debate.

At the end of the day, it's personal choice what people choose to use and not to use. However, if they start going down the paid route, they will only end up killing it over time. Eventually, it will either go corporate/official or people will just move on to the next free thing that comes along to replace it. It's the way of the world...

Having read the above, I don't think I missed your point TBH.

You are applying what some third party contributors do with their plugins/repos to Kodi itself.

I believe our difference is pointed up here ....
    the whole principle of Kodi was to make stuff accessible for free to people

As I understand it, the whole principle of Kodi was to be free itself and what it was used for was up to the user.

So whether a repo or plugin is charged for by some third party, or not, is no concern of the Kodi project. By that I mean it does not affect the status of Kodi.

The way I read what you have written, you seem to draw the conclusion that because some repo/plugin is not free then somehow that means Kodi itself is on the way to being a paid piece of software.

I would disagree with that conclusion ;) ...... unless it was the official Kodi repo that was being charged for, which is not the case as I understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Kodis ambition was to be open, open source does not always mean free

Does anyone know of an add-on with ITV player?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

working today. little bit of buffering though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

batistuta9 wrote: »
    working today. little bit of buffering though

How did you get the BBC player working?

threein99 wrote: »
    How did you get the BBC player working?

it just worked :pac: which one are you using, it's the mikey one i use

batistuta9 wrote: »
    it just worked :pac: which one are you using, it's the mikey one i use

Sorry I meant to begin with?

it's in xunitytalk repo. then configure the addon to use proxy

What proxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What proxy?

There's a proxy built into the add-on.

iPlayer is working again for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Kolido wrote:
    Project Cypher IPTV great atm for live tv including Sky sports & movies.

threein99 wrote:

Does anyone know a good plugin to watch EPL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good plugin to watch EPL?

Phoenix,read through the previous page for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

NATLOR wrote:
    Phoenix,read through the previous page for details

Perfect. Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement