Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape du Tour 2015

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

The 2009 Etape was over 170km stage with Ventoux as the finish. Last years had a couple of climbs :) so an easier profile wouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Tree Scape

UPDATE 18 October 2015 at 2.40PM: without being 100% sure, based on the hotel bookings by A.S.O. in Morzine on the night of 10 July, it's almost sure that the Etape du Tour will finish there. Looking at the pro stages and following the logic which says that the Etape du Tour takes place on the race route of one of the pro stages, the only logical conclusion can be that the Etape du Tour 2016 will be Saint-Gervais > Morzine on 10 July 2016.

Lire la suite / Read more: http://www.velowire.com/article/940/en/tour-de-france-2016--the-rumours-about-the-race-route-and-the-stage-cities-.html#ixzz3owWH9p9c
    Follow us: @velowire_com on Twitter | velowire on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Tree Scape wrote: »
    UPDATE 18 October 2015 at 2.40PM: without being 100% sure, based on the hotel bookings by A.S.O. in Morzine on the night of 10 July, it's almost sure that the Etape du Tour will finish there. Looking at the pro stages and following the logic which says that the Etape du Tour takes place on the race route of one of the pro stages, the only logical conclusion can be that the Etape du Tour 2016 will be Saint-Gervais > Morzine on 10 July 2016.

Lire la suite / Read more: http://www.velowire.com/article/940/en/tour-de-france-2016--the-rumours-about-the-race-route-and-the-stage-cities-.html#ixzz3owWH9p9c
    Follow us: @velowire_com on Twitter | velowire on Facebook

Morzine near any big cols? had a look at google maps but couldnt see any

bazermc wrote: »
    Morzine near any big cols? had a look at google maps but couldnt see any
    Colombiere, joux plane, ....??if there doing it there I'm sure they'll find a few others:)

Latest hint from the Etape website... There will be 4 climbs during the 2016 #LETapeduTour.

• Advertisement

Latest hint from the Etape website... There will be 4 climbs during the 2016 #LETapeduTour.

Wow. That's a big hint so.

Wow. That's a big hint so.
    It does pretty much rule out Ventoux unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Colombiere, joux plane, ....??if there doing it there I'm sure they'll find a few others:)

One possible route is Columbiere, Col de Ramaz, Col des Ecrinaz and finish up in Avoriaz which is just above Morzine ....it's been done a few times....Armstrong crashed before Ramaz during one of his comback years and blew up on the climb after Sky floored it from the bottom as he just got back on (think wigs blew also)....believe Andy did a solo win that day. Distant memory!!!

Have done all these climbs........separately..... all tough but put them together😱

we'll find out soon enough...looks like Alps though...

And it's the Alps

MEGEVE-MORZINE
    146 km, 4 cols / 146km, 4 climbs

CRwO_jTWsAAYxOq.png

• Advertisement

So 146Km, but what is the total climbing? Looks like less than 4,000m to me

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

So 146Km, but what is the total climbing? Looks like less than 4,000m to me

Looks about 3,300 - 3,500 from the graphic.

Just signed up, bring it on :-)

From one of the tour companies, "we calculate the Etape has 3,335 metres of climbing."

Looks about 3,300 - 3,500 from the graphic.

Just signed up, bring it on :-)

Signing up myself. On Friday, once I get paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Signing up myself. On Friday, once I get paid!

Signed up for round 2, looks a good bit easier than this year alright but will still be a big challenge!

Advertisement