Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape du Tour 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Looks like the tunnel de Chambon is definitely blocked, they'd to stop work on it due to "movement".
    Link (in french)

What does this mean? Please tell me half the amount of vertical gain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

bazermc wrote: »
    What does this mean? Please tell me half the amount of vertical gain :eek:
    IT affects the Marmotte, doesn't affect the etape, unless like us are staying the wrong side of it for an assault on Alpe D'Huez, I'm hoping it doesn't affect us for the Etape logistics

Are there many Boardsies heading over next week? Flying out Wednesday to Monday ish

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newbiecamper

I'm planning to attempt it. Prior to reading the description of the Marmotte I would have said "doing it" ;) Planning to arrive on Friday and heading on to Nice for a relaxing holiday afterwards. Just the small matter of the actual cycle in the middle. Number 11407.

Are there many Boardsies heading over next week? Flying out Wednesday to Monday ish

Yes me, good aul Aer Lingus flight to Lyon on Wednesday. Thinks it leaves about noon time

• Advertisement

Yes me, good aul Aer Lingus flight to Lyon on Wednesday. Thinks it leaves about noon time
    On that flight too. Getting the bike ready today for packing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Gearsofwars

I'll be on the same flight also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

I'll be there with you guys as well, heading out on Wednesday. Presumably all those leaving on Weds are with the same group - staying in Villar d'Arene? I'll be heading to relatives in Brittany for a few days after to lick my wounds before heading back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Good luck with it lads. Jealous!

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    Good luck with it lads. Jealous!

You had the Marmotte - no reason to get green eyed Jim :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

You had the Marmotte - no reason to get green eyed Jim :P

haha! Yeah would think I would have went through enough pain on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Heading over on Friday for this flying to Lyon and staying in Valmeiner (beside Valloire and the start of the Galibier).

Nerves starting to kick in and really looking forward to it.

Hoping for dry cool weather after reading the Marmotte reports :)

dogsears wrote: »
    I'll be there with you guys as well, heading out on Wednesday. Presumably all those leaving on Weds are with the same group - staying in Villar d'Arene? I'll be heading to relatives in Brittany for a few days after to lick my wounds before heading back to work.
    Yep, staying in Villar d'Arene, might stay on a day or two. Probably coming back via Nice and the beach.

So how long do i have to compete the course/what's the slowest pace.?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newbiecamper

Cutoff times for around the course are published here. Got an email this evening with additional detail on route and cutoff. Remove spaces tp view http : // netstorage.lequipe.fr/ASO/egp/letape-du-tour/2015/parcours/EDT15_Itineraire_Horaire.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

I think it means about 14kph including stops (and assuming anyone worrying about time cutoffs will be in a late starting group). Latest start is 8.52, last finish 19.04

dogsears wrote: »
    I think it means about 14kph including stops (and assuming anyone worrying about time cutoffs will be in a late starting group). Latest start is 8.52, last finish 19.04

Thats great, that is what I thought as well just wanted to confirm it
    :p
    Cant wait now getting close.

Just got an email that the convocation is now availalble on A.S.O.Challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Thats great, that is what I thought as well just wanted to confirm it
    :p
    Cant wait now getting close.

Great - had it in my head that it was between 18 - 20 kph for some reason so was getting worried! Slow and steady it is :-)

I threw this together for my crossbar (to copy the pros) distances should be correct but don't chase me if it's out :)
    Might be handy for someone

Etape.png

• Advertisement

In pen 11 on Sunday. Anyone else in with me?

Checking the forecast for the week and it's looking cooler and showery on Sunday. Prefer that to the heat once the descents aren't being done in a downpour.

del_boy13 wrote: »

Checking the forecast for the week and it's looking cooler and showery on Sunday. Prefer that to the heat once the descents aren't being done in a downpour.

I am 12. Presume it is the bib range?

I am 12. Presume it is the bib range?

That would make sense.

Where did you get the pen list?

It was on the convocation.

Ah, ok, thought they had posted times up.

What's a convocation anyway? is that some french word that doesnt translate properly.

Anyway, how does one find out what their starting time is?

What's a convocation anyway? is that some french word that doesnt translate properly.

Anyway, how does one find out what their starting time is?
    Think it's a term for a licence.

This is a link with start times from a couple of years ago, should be similar.

Trying to remember but once it starts you're left off every 10 minutes or so.

So whats the grub like on the route.

Worth bringing plenty of my own stuff I presume?

• Advertisement

Advertisement