Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Its only the one guy who's dropping out.. Myself and oatsey just commented regarding his post. I've lost most my games also due to my stupid team pick of sevilla being so crap but no way I'd drop out either

I'll probably take a breather after this league but it's ridiculous dropping out especially with 4 or 5 games left. I'm not too fussed with the quality of seasons, I actually think the game play is fine (with the exception of those pens last night ste) I think most people's frustrations are from picking teams that don't suit there style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

duffman13 wrote: »
    I'll probably take a breather after this league but it's ridiculous dropping out especially with 4 or 5 games left. I'm not too fussed with the quality of seasons, I actually think the game play is fine (with the exception of those pens last night ste) I think most people's frustrations are from picking teams that don't suit there style of play.

Yea spot on with the teams not suiting some peoples style of play.. Sevilla have been a big let down for me but that's the way it goes.

Nice of you not forgetting them pens haha

In anyway I won't be around tonight but will be tomorrow evening around 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Surely the guys who are dropping out knew they didn't like the game before they signed up for the league? Sh!te excuse and very bad form. I hate Porto but will still finish the league out. Huge bang of sore losers about you ( especially purposely scoring an own goal). Why even bother committing to a league?

I'm not going to start an arguement here but I've played in these leagues since the Xbox 360 days with most of the lads on here so you've no right to be calling any one names (especially sore loser) I've always fulfilled my fixtures in every league and on time and never complained or bitched about anything , What is this you're 1st time being in the Leagues ....get a grip will ya it's nothing personal to you , especially as this isn't even anything to do with you're league ya know what I will probably finish up the league seen as I'm on the last week I was a bit frustrated I'll own up to that but to be attacked like that is not ****ing on

and to be clear what annoys me the most about the game is one game you're players can be the best in the world and the next there like people going for there pension that and the ludicrous penalty descisions most of my games bar 2 or 3 i've only lost by the odd goal and its mostly because of silly penalties when an attacker runs into my defender and then gets a penalty i'll be on most of the night any way to finish up my games because some people in the championship might get pissy.......and its not fair to the guys chasing the league to have 3 points or 6 in most cases taken off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'd love to play a few friendlies with the lads in the Championship where I'm not Monaco, just to see if it is actually Monaco that is garbage and not me.

• Advertisement

Good idea Jericholic im the same with Arsenal add me on psn and ill play ya , Im in prem by the way brianregan09 is my psn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Has the latest squad update f**ked the teams over. Played 2 games this week now and have noticed gameplay feels muck. (Not Lag) passing too slow etc etc. Or is this all in my head

and to be clear what annoys me the most about the game is one game you're players can be the best in the world and the next there like people going for there pension that and the ludicrous penalty descisions most of my games bar 2 or 3 i've only lost by the odd goal and its mostly because of silly penalties when an attacker runs into my defender and then gets a penalty i'll be on most of the night any way to finish up my games because some people in the championship might get pissy.......and its not fair to the guys chasing the league to have 3 points or 6 in most cases taken off them

Well for me having played you twice it felt like playing two different teams in fairness. It was an even game in the first one which you deserved the win. The second was a bit of a mad game but was even enough till 60th minute. As I said in the match summary, I think Mertesacker killed you. First game you played Paulista there and I struggled.

I wasnt having a go by the way, I just think you should try finish your fixtures. It happened me last season where I had one game left I needed to win the league and the guy wouldnt play it. Fair play for finishing the league though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Has the latest squad update f**ked the teams over. Played 2 games this week now and have noticed gameplay feels muck. (Not Lag) passing too slow etc etc. Or is this all in my head

Aren't the squads gone back to their original ratings? Positive for me with Schalke as a fair few players were butchered during the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Good idea Jericholic im the same with Arsenal add me on psn and ill play ya , Im in prem by the way brianregan09 is my psn

I'll be on in half an hour or so. PSN is hoorhouse

• Advertisement

I'm not going to start an arguement here but I've played in these leagues since the Xbox 360 days with most of the lads on here so you've no right to be calling any one names (especially sore loser) I've always fulfilled my fixtures in every league and on time and never complained or bitched about anything , What is this you're 1st time being in the Leagues ....get a grip will ya it's nothing personal to you , especially as this isn't even anything to do with you're league ya know what I will probably finish up the league seen as I'm on the last week I was a bit frustrated I'll own up to that but to be attacked like that is not ****ing on

Sorry if you are offended mate but I stand by what I said. You got frustrated with your results so you said you would quit. Regardless of how long you have played in the leagues, that is being a sore loser. people may need to drop out due to certain circumstances and that is natural and unavoidable but to quit cos you are frustrated at losing or how your team plays, that's just unfair on others.

Granted, you have now said you'd be finishing the league off and that's fair play but I think my initial reaction to your post was merited.

(btw. I have been in the leagues from the very start. I took a couple of years off when my nipper was born)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Schalke championship here
    I can play my fixtures tomorrow night. On holidays at the moment

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads there is a load of you falling behind on games, get them played and catch up..you shouldnt have to be warned at this stage. Enough of the nonsense about quitting the league also, we dont go to the effort of running it for people to just throw a wobbler and decide they dont want to play. That goes for everyone, no one has quit and games are due to be played end of story.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There are still fixtures that haven't been added due to incorrect or non existent gameweeks, can you please check that all your fixtures are correct and accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

Hey guys are any of ye finding the yer PlayStation are taking ages to send messages and wen you accept a invite it doesn't go in go it straight away it's like a massive De-lay about 2-5 minutes mabye more I'm try to play a match with roma but it's not happen because it. It won't let me go in to it

schalke championship here

ill be online to play my games tomorrow.i have napoli, fiorentina and arsenal

Niallfitz1 wrote: »
    Hey guys are any of ye finding the yer PlayStation are taking ages to send messages and wen you accept a invite it doesn't go in go it straight away it's like a massive De-lay about 2-5 minutes mabye more I'm try to play a match with roma but it's not happen because it. It won't let me go in to it

Having some issues at the moment thought it may be Internet related but maybe not. Can't seem to get on to any games. Engineer out Thursday so hopefully it is the Internet

As far as I know I have the following games to play admin correct me if i'm wrong

Brenh 2001 (liverpool) x 2

Blatter (Napoli) x 1

Steririshrover (sevilla) x 1

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Roma in champ

Games to play

Will be online this evening, please message me if available

GW 4
    Napoli (a) (swarlez)
    Arsenal(a) (boulders8)
    Fiorentina (h) (daniel-lfc85)

GW 6
    Everton (a)(dufflecoat)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Fiorentina and Liverpool in the championship, You guys about tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Roma in the championship (Juansheet) will be away for a month so all his fixtures are due to be played

GW 7
    Newcastle
    Wolfsburg
    Napoli

GW 8
    Schalke
    Arsenal
    Fiorentina

GW 9
    Liverpool
    Atl. Bilbao

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Roma in the championship (Juansheet) will be away for a month so all his fixtures are due to be played

GW 7
    Newcastle
    Wolfsburg
    Napoli

GW 8
    Schalke
    Arsenal
    Fiorentina

GW 9
    Liverpool
    Atl. Bilbao

Ill give him a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Thanks to Mr Moon & axwell for letting me move the fixtures forward. 12 games in a week to get played. Message me on psn & il jump on if available

Il be on tomorrow evening from around 8

GW 4
    Napoli (a) (swarlez)
    Arsenal(a) (boulders8)
    Fiorentina (h) (daniel-lfc85)

GW 6
    Everton (a)(dufflecoat)

GW 7
    Newcastle (a)(daveyharte88)
    Wolfsburg (h)(giggsy91)
    Napoli (h)(swarlez)

GW 8
    Schalke(a)(marklogan)
    Arsenal(h)(boulders8)
    Fiorentina (a)(daniellfc85)

GW 9
    Liverpool(a)(kngnosh)
    Atl. Bilbao(h)(stephenmc91)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,186 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been really busy the last few days and now I'm ill :mad:. Hopefully I can get on tomorrow and Sunday to play some games.

I have the following left, plus the remaining games to be posted later today.

GW 2
    Sevilla (A) - steirishrover

GW 5
    Liverpool (H) - brenh2001

GW 6
    Sevilla (H) - steirishrover
    Atl. Madrid (H) - capajoma

Sorry lads but can someone post link to league table I got a new phone and lost it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,186 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sorry lads but can someone post link to league table I got a new phone and lost it

It's in Mr Moon's signature if you lose it again.

http://www.boardsleague.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_136017387.html

My remaining fixtures

Tottenham x2 (paddysnorch)
    Liverpool. (Brenh2001)
    Kaiser Chiefs x2. (Oat23)
    Everton. (Djdigitalmoose)
    Schalke (dedijon,)
    Lyon. (Olaizola,

Anyone on tonight?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

im Roma, Moon is Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

My remaining fixtures

Tottenham x2 (paddysnorch)

Should be on this evening if you're around?

• Advertisement

Roma, napoli and inter dont seem to hsve been on in a while..

Advertisement