Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options
  • 21-10-2014 10:56pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads any discussion can go here - banter, organising games between ye and general league discussion. Keep the team picks thread free of chat.

ned_zps87c90393.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hopefully get picks wrapped up tomorrow and then aim to get started over the weekend. We will post up the rules, fixtures etc once we sort out the team picks and setup the league tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Still not sure if Im going to pick a League of Ireland team or a top team. Picking LOI will surely mean frustration and propping up the table on the other hand Ill wreck peoples heads with 5-4-1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Really looking forward to it, going to be tough adapting to playing on the PS4 controller, but should keep things interesting.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Getting the excuses in early, good strategy :D

Axwell wrote: »
    Getting the excuses in early, good strategy :D

Oh no, you will not find me using that as an excuse. I am sure I can be much more creative then that with my excuses! ;)

It was the winds fault for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Big thanks to Axwell for putting this together hope people stick with it. Looking forward to it really struggling to defend at the moment so better get practicing

Big thanks to Axwell for putting this together hope people stick with it. Looking forward to it really struggling to defend at the moment so better get practicing

Snap, Especially since EA removed the leagues functionality which makes things 10 times harder to organise.

Parawind wrote: »
    Snap, Especially since EA removed the leagues functionality which makes things 10 times harder to organise.

Yeah much more time consuming now.

Ah sure ye know myself and Moon have run a load of these at this stage - think this would be season 15 or 16 if we kept the number going but since we moved to PS4 we decided to start fresh. Keeps us interested in the game as much as anyone, UT has gone a bit stale for me and I dont really do career mode so the leagues keep me entertained.

Ah sure ye know myself and Moon have run a load of these at this stage - think this would be season 15 or 16 if we kept the number going but since we moved to PS4 we decided to start fresh. Keeps us interested in the game as much as anyone, UT has gone a bit stale for me and I dont really do career mode so the leagues keep me entertained.

Buy Bernard in UT and then thank me later, he's a breath of fresh air!

• Advertisement

I would but I have a BPL team (well 2 of them) at the minute which im slowly improving. However the ability to just walse through a team from tip off and score is just annoying me at this point to the stage im losing interest. Played a game last night that ended 6-6, we both scored 4 from the tip off and then 2 from play. Its just ridiculous and how they released the game thinking that was 'ok' is beyond me. Should have been fixed in the patch this week as priority but nope..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I would but I have a BPL team (well 2 of them) at the minute which im slowly improving. However the ability to just walse through a team from tip off and score is just annoying me at this point to the stage im losing interest. Played a game last night that ended 6-6, we both scored 4 from the tip off and then 2 from play. Its just ridiculous and how they released the game thinking that was 'ok' is beyond me. Should have been fixed in the patch this week as priority but nope..

Honestly this really is super easy to defend and I'm not exactly amazing at defending. Just move a midfielder back to just in front of the defenders and the 2nd man press from kick off and bring over the midfielder you control to cut off the space. I honestly haven't conceded to it for the last month.

Point is it shouldnt exist and I shouldnt have to go out of the way every tip off to try stop it. Theres always some stupid glitch like this in it, gets annoying after 15 iterations of fifa.

Anyways lets leave the UT talk to the other thread. Last pm's went out there now for the league teams. We will be setting up the league tables and stuff online over the weekend and probably look to start the ball rolling on Sunday evening or Monday.

There will be a fixtures thread posted - please only play the fixtures you have for that week and dont go skipping ahead trying to play other games. Also do your best to get those games played that week and not have them rolling over to the following week otherwise it just takes away from the league and ruins it for other people.

Those of you with teams, get practicing!

Those of you still to pick..may the football gods be on your side and you get the team you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm Arsenal :)

4th position wrapped up already

Just looked through both leagues and realised I'm the only person to pick liverpool both leagues seem to have the same / similar teams ( good old fifa every year same super teams faced online ) I really should have played more games I think it's easy to see we're the best teams lie...let the slaughter begin ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just looked through both leagues and realised I'm the only person to pick liverpool both leagues seem to have the same / similar teams ( good old fifa every year same super teams faced online ) I really should have played more games I think it's easy to see we're the best teams lie...let the slaughter begin ha ha.

Picked them aswell in the championship, although only cause all my usual suspects were already taken

duffman13 wrote: »
    Picked them aswell in the championship, although only cause all my usual suspects were already taken

Just seen that well done good to see there are still a few fifa players who don't hide behind the big teams...... Ha ha

Just seen that well done good to see there are still a few fifa players who don't hide behind the big teams...... Ha ha

I'm a united fan which is making it worse but hey this might be liverpools year ;)

I'm a united fan which is making it worse but hey this might be liverpools year ;)

Hey title says banter not sarcasm let's keep it clean.......

Hey title says banter not sarcasm let's keep it clean.......

I've played a couple of games on seasons now to try warm up, not going well, trying to find a decent formation for Liverpool. Forgot how different seasons plays to ultimate team aswell!

• Advertisement

I've played a couple of games on seasons now to try warm up, not going well, trying to find a decent formation for Liverpool. Forgot how different seasons plays to ultimate team aswell!

Yeah it needs online friendlies not ranked all the time

If anyone fancies some practice games add me.

Psn robfowler

Also on if anyone fancies a few games with their team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I had them as my number one option but ended up with Napoli (also championship). Just played a couple of games with them, they're fairly tasty up front but could will struggle against the likes of Real and the fast teams. Defo employing 'Park the Bus' and 5-4-1 :pac:

On a topic discussed above, I presume we are to vilify anyone who tries to score right from the tip-off in this league?

Yeah kick off goals should be banned they ruin games

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Gene_Parmesan

Ah no. I'm a United fan and I don't think I've ever chosen to play as Liverpool. Some things just feel wrong

Ah no. I'm a United fan and I don't think I've ever chosen to play as Liverpool. Some things just feel wrong

I do feel dirty, never played with anyone online other than Real, Dortmund, PSG and Ireland. Utd and most of the 5* premiership teams couldnt compete online in previous years bar maybe city.

I got Everton anyway. Lukaku hopefully wrecking the shop for me. Septicmutant if anyone fancies a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I just picked AS Roma there and anybody willing to play a few practice matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Brianregan09 on psn add me guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Looking forward to this.. I better purchase my ps+ subscription tonight so can get a few online practice games in..

Another 50 quid down the drain ha

Add me lads.. psn is steirishrover

Advertisement