Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RichieRichRich

Anyone else got any info to bring some clarity to this trinity debacle?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

any words from RCSI? their interview date is getting close!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

jody24 wrote: »
    any words from RCSI? their interview date is getting close!!!

Not a thing unfortunately. Yeah it's basically in a week; next Thursday and Friday supposedly.

ronivek wrote: »
    Not a thing unfortunately. Yeah it's basically in a week; next Thursday and Friday supposedly.

A friend of mine was told thats it's apparently tommorow or Thursday for interview offers

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mawahip

A friend of mine was told thats it's apparently tommorow or Thursday for interview offers

I hope it wont take longer than that, the waiting is killing me !

• Advertisement

Anyone else hear anything from trinity? Theres so much misinformation coming from them...I've heard everything from another three weeks wait and that interview offers haven't even been made....

Anyone have a decision status on their Tcd portal or anything? Totally unwilling to answer my questions...

Anyone else hear anything from trinity? Theres so much misinformation coming from them...I've heard everything from another three weeks wait and that interview offers haven't even been made....

Anyone have a decision status on their Tcd portal or anything? Totally unwilling to answer my questions...

Who have you been talking to in Trinity? I would suggest mailing the person who asked for copies of our CV if you haven't already.

My portal was updated; but the impression I get is that they're just covering their bases. I believe they have a bunch of people who they're going to interview, and then a bunch of people on a waiting list in case they have to call another round of interviews.

I think if you haven't received your interview invite then it's highly unlikely you will; but honestly I don't know.

Who have you been talking to in Trinity? I would suggest mailing the person who asked for copies of our CV if you haven't already.

My portal was updated; but the impression I get is that they're just covering their bases. I believe they have a bunch of people who they're going to interview, and then a bunch of people on a waiting list in case they have to call another round of interviews.

I think if you haven't received your interview invite then it's highly unlikely you will; but honestly I don't know.

We share the same thinking. I'd bet money that I won't be invited to inteview and that I'm in the interview waiting list pile along with my friend. They just won't admit it. I've spoken to two different people in the academic registry and a women called Ruth in med admissions. Three weeks is the final final offers following interviews and they keep telling me to wait then. Then I remind them that the acknowledgement letter says latest mid May for interviews. At this point they tend to get annoyed. One guy just started saying 'listen man I'm just gonna repeat the same thing no matter what you ask' ️haha

I know it's game over for me it's just annoying the lack of transparency or consistency in their process.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crazystupid28

RCSI offers are out lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 steveo1991

did you get an email/post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

That was unexpected :)

Looks like 18 interviewed on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 optimist90

Was it via email guys? Bit disappointed I didn't get one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

optimist90 wrote: »
    Was it via email guys? Bit disappointed I didn't get one...

Yes, it's via email

Two 20 minute interviews, gonna have to keep the nerves at bay

20 interviewees on the Thursday

I got an email telling me my application wasn't successful. My heart is utterly broken. This was my only chance to get to med this year as my Hpat was terrible :( .

Healium wrote: »
    Yes, it's via email

Two 20 minute interviews, gonna have to keep the nerves at bay

20 interviewees on the Thursday

My experience last year was if you dont get an email, expect a letter tkmorrow with bad news. Sorry to all who didn't and keep positive for UCC, they are very open minded and really offer opportunities to those who wouldn't otherwise get medicine but can prove its "for them"

38 interviews over 2 days for 15 places. I heard last year they went a few down the waiting list also- so realistically everyone has a 50/50 chance now

Congratulations guys, best of luck with your interviews.

Caolan wrote: »
    My experience last year was if you dont get an email, expect a letter tkmorrow with bad news. Sorry to all who didn't and keep positive for UCC, they are very open minded and really offer opportunities to those who wouldn't otherwise get medicine but can prove its "for them"

38 interviews over 2 days for 15 places. I heard last year they went a few down the waiting list also- so realistically everyone has a 50/50 chance now

does anyone know in UCC have sent their documentation request or interview dates yet?
    the only email I ever got from UCC was a "fee determination " form that is to be filled, but i also put other course for ucc !

can anyone give me insight on their way of doing things please ?

Mawahip wrote: »
    does anyone know in UCC have sent their documentation request or interview dates yet?
    the only email I ever got from UCC was a "fee determination " form that is to be filled, but i also put other course for ucc !

can anyone give me insight on their way of doing things please ?
    Through CAO.

UCD NUIG UCC all use the CAO exclusively.

TCD have their portal and RCSI your familiar with.

UCD UCD will already have applications but last year didn't contact anyone until June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Cork haven't contacted anyone yet (to my knowledge)

Out of interest; for those who got interviews with RCSI what position are they on your preferences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Alreadyinuse

Out of interest; for those who got interviews with RCSI what position are they on your preferences?

Hi guys - first post but been following the thread for a while it's been really helpful!

Ronivek I was just wondering did you also get an email saying the application was unsuccessful?

Congrats everyone who got interviews, best of luck!

Through CAO.

UCD NUIG UCC all use the CAO exclusively.

TCD have their portal and RCSI your familiar with.

UCD UCD will already have applications but last year didn't contact anyone until June.
    thank you very much for your response,

I have applied to all the 5 medicine schools through CAO, but i didnt any respond from any but RCSi. so i was wondering if they have already sent interview requests and all

Healium wrote: »
    Cork haven't contacted anyone yet (to my knowledge)

I really really really hope that is true! some hope will do wonders now !

Hi guys - first post but been following the thread for a while it's been really helpful!

Ronivek I was just wondering did you also get an email saying the application was unsuccessful?

Congrats everyone who got interviews, best of luck!

I didn't get any mail; did you? Maybe they e-mail those outside Dublin or Ireland but the rest get letters?

I really really really hope that is true! some hope will do wonders now !

It's true- and they won't until they offer interviews (last year UCD were the week the LC starts and ucc were the week it finishes)

Cork/UCD take all information from CAO, so you won't be asked for your personal statement like in RCSI, you should have already supplied it to the CAO in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alreadyinuse

I didn't get any mail; did you? Maybe they e-mail those outside Dublin or Ireland but the rest get letters?

No I didn't get any notification - either post or email. I don't see why they'd bother posting to some if they're gonna be emailing other people anyway!?

It's possible Mawahip is from outside Ireland so they e-mailed him rather than posting a letter?

The only other likelihood is that we're on some kind of interview waiting list; but based on the number of people attending interviews I doubt very much that's the case.

It's possible Mawahip is from outside Ireland so they e-mailed him rather than posting a letter?

The only other likelihood is that we're on some kind of interview waiting list; but based on the number of people attending interviews I doubt very much that's the case.

I am from Naas :) . and it is a "her"

I am from Naas :) . and it is a "her"

Kildare almost counts 🙈

• Advertisement

It's true- and they won't until they offer interviews (last year UCD were the week the LC starts and ucc were the week it finishes)

Cork/UCD take all information from CAO, so you won't be asked for your personal statement like in RCSI, you should have already supplied it to the CAO in January.

thank you so much ! some hope was restored! .

i have put all my info in the CAO, i am sitting my adult LC this June ( the struggle is real :( ). do you know by any chance how much they care for the HPAT scores ?

Advertisement