Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RichieRichRich

What line spacing are people using. My statement jumps from 3 pages to 5 when I switch from single to double :/

I hate these naggy, hair splitting moments.

Our assignements usually had to be times new roman, size 12 font with 1.5 line spacing

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

Galway interview offers out- check your e mail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

No Galway interview for me then :(

What line spacing are people using. My statement jumps from 3 pages to 5 when I switch from single to double :/

I hate these naggy, hair splitting moments.

I would use 1.5 or 2; readability is more important than cramming your statement into less pages in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

ronivek wrote: »
    No Galway interview for me then :(

Or me!

• Advertisement

*tumbleweed*

The wait for Trinity inteview offers is driving me insane.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

Any one inquired about the time we hear about interviews from rcsi?

jody24 wrote: »
    Any one inquired about the time we hear about interviews from rcsi?

As far as I know they will be sending out interview offers around the first week of May; they're running a bit behind this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

Anyone know anything about UCC or DCU?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

Anyone know anything about UCC or DCU?

Your in line for bad news of your waiting for DCU ;) (I presume you meant UCD)

See detail from below for details from last year. Things seem to be running a little later than last year and I wouldn't hold out for contact fri UCD or UCC for a few weeks.

RCSI plan to contact people next week (interviews on 14/15 may) and I'd expect trinity shortly also.

Just some info from last year, college, interview offer date and finally (number of mature places offered )

TCD - 22/04 (7) - interview 11/05
    NUIG - 23/04 (2) - interview 20/05
    RCSI - 29/04 (15) - interview 14&15/05
    UCD - 11/06 (1) - interview ??
    UCC - 21/06 (4-6) - interview 27/06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BeansandToast

Does anyone know the number of applications RCSI received? I remember someone mentioning it somewhere. And they give out 30 interview places is it?

Does anyone know the number of applications RCSI received? I remember someone mentioning it somewhere. And they give out 30 interview places is it?

A friend of mine applying to rcsi quotes celest saying ~160 applicants

They interview about twice the number of people they have for places so ~30 called to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

any news from trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crazystupid28

Hi everyone. Total lurker but posting to answer Jody. TCD sent out the emails yesterday before noon. Interviews are on the 14th May, same as RCSI so any overlap with candidates being double booked will be interesting.

I hope you guys got good news from Trinity; apparently I'm on a waiting list which I guess is as good as a rejection.

Did anyone get completely rejected at this point or is everyone either awaiting interview or on a waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I hope you guys got good news from Trinity; apparently I'm on a waiting list which I guess is as good as a rejection.

Did anyone get completely rejected at this point or is everyone either awaiting interview or on a waiting list?

Interesting that you potentially got the highest HPAT score in the country, but haven't been shortlisted by Galway or TCD. I emailed all of the mature student officers from the admission teams, and whilst not every university focused on HPAT, most did (or leaned heavily on it).

I've only been completely rejected by TCD as a mature due to my subjects (which I knew), but still applied in case I got in on points (which I now know I won't, 699)

Hi everyone. Total lurker but posting to answer Jody. TCD sent out the emails yesterday before noon. Interviews are on the 14th May, same as RCSI so any overlap with candidates being double booked will be interesting.

How are people seeing these offers or rejections? I have nothing in my emails or mytcd account??

I just got an email with the interview invite to my gmail. There's been no change on my TCD portal page?

I got an e-mail saying I had a new intray message in my TCD portal; so I logged in and it was on the first page.

You can also login and click "My Applications" on the left-hand side to double check if the status of your application has changed but you haven't received a message.

It's entirely possible they're still working through the list of applicants; since someone said they got an interview offer yesterday at midday and I got my message today around 4.

I got an e-mail saying I had a new intray message in my TCD portal; so I logged in and it was on the first page.

You can also login and click "My Applications" on the left-hand side to double check if the status of your application has changed but you haven't received a message.

It's entirely possible they're still working through the list of applicants; since someone said they got an interview offer yesterday at midday and I got my message today around 4.

Nope ...no emails, no status change....is there still hope???

• Advertisement

Is yours in the TBSI boardroom? Just checked my portal again, still no message? Very strange.Got an email directly off someone called Kathryn.

Is yours in the TBSI boardroom? Just checked my portal again, still no message? Very strange.Got an email directly off someone called Kathryn.

Nothing....I would assume successful applicants would be contacted first...so if they decline other people can take their place....

You mind me asking your background and hpat score??

Dropped out after 2years in pharmacy for family reasons. Did an honours BA in politics and humanitarian law and a health related masters degree. I have 3 years with St. John Ambulance, 2 years teaching kids first aid, 2 years in Temple Street as a play volunteer and took care of a relative for 2.5 years with a lot of health issues.

My HPAT was absolutely dire, 155...but this is my second year applying so I made sure to include that as other years have said that they like to see repeats. Although I only got an interview in UCC last year so I honestly don't know how the hell they pick...

Dropped out after 2years in pharmacy for family reasons. Did an honours BA in politics and humanitarian law and a health related masters degree. I have 3 years with St. John Ambulance, 2 years teaching kids first aid, 2 years in Temple Street as a play volunteer and took care of a relative for 2.5 years with a lot of health issues.

My HPAT was absolutely dire, 155...but this is my second year applying so I made sure to include that as other years have said that they like to see repeats. Although I only got an interview in UCC last year so I honestly don't know how the hell they pick...

Wow very impressive. Congrats on the interview invite. Well earned by the sounds of it. I'm sooooo jealous

And absolutely fit to explode that there's no verdict on my application!? I checked with a friend and he has no status change or emails either....Aww well. Phone calls will be made 2moro

I've heard TCD put a lot of stock in life experience and volunteer work; you certainly have a lot of that. Best of luck with your interview, hopefully this is your year.

Lads I'm truly sorry for the no interview. I was there last year and it's not a fun feeling. They may be doing them in batches so until you're application changes to 'unsuccessful' there's still hope.

Lads I'm truly sorry for the no interview. I was there last year and it's not a fun feeling. They may be doing them in batches so until you're application changes to 'unsuccessful' there's still hope.

Still no word, the portal is down now. Both myself and my friend called and they told us jack... The med school send over information to admissions and they relay that info so it's possible its in batches. She wouldn't confirm if offers were being made and even told my friend that it could by June -July for an inteview offer... which makes no sense

That's very strange indeed. I double checked the time of the email and it was 11.38 am on the Tuesday, direct email from TCD whereas normally its an email saying your status has changed and check the portal. Christ, maybe mine was a mistake...

That's very strange indeed. I double checked the time of the email and it was 11.38 am on the Tuesday, direct email from TCD whereas normally its an email saying your status has changed and check the portal. Christ, maybe mine was a mistake...

Nah I'd say you're in there chief. Who was the email from? Kathryn who?

• Advertisement

I think it was just a student because it was a generic kathryn16atblahblahblah. I googled and got no relevant results so I emailed Gillian, the admissions officer who sent the requests for CVs (and whos name was at the bottom of the email) asking did they need any original documents presented at the interview and she said no. So I honestly have no clue what way they're doing things this year.

Advertisement