Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

Hey Jody, no I haven't. I was just wondering if we needed to submit our original transcripts.

I rang the admissions office there and Celeste said that we have to submit our transcripts if we attended a third level institution. I also asked her when the emails/letters would be sent out and and she said soon - assuming within the next week or two. Hope that helps

ok. ya hopefully we all the emails. did she who to submit the transcripts to? cao or rcsi?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mir71

anyone got an email from rcsi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

mir71 wrote: »
    anyone got an email from rcsi?

No; did you?

No, I didn't get anything. I don't know why takes so long this year

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BeansandToast

Hey Jdy, for some reason I can't reply to you. But I imagine it's to RCSI directly. Sending documents to the CAO is required for application to the other universities. I rang both the CAO and RCSI, as I did the bare minimum for my CAO application since I was just applying to RCSI this year. Both said it's fine.

I've also no idea why its taking so long this year. I know some people who had gotten confirmation of their place by the 25th of May a few years back. I'd say the deadline for the documents this year is gonna be the end of April.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

General question regarding volunteer work. What organisations/charities would you guys recommend getting involved with? I have a year to build up some experience before I apply in 2016.

any news lads? its gettn annoying a little bit!

jody24 wrote: »
    any news lads? its gettn annoying a little bit!

Not a thing; it's a bit frustrating alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

Mand4990 wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to get into mature med first time? I got the key.

Bought a select no. of books from amazon to help me write "the" most beautiful personal statement [thats your key to interview-I had a shocking HPAT].

I am now 1st year RCSI and LOVING it!

<snip> please use adverts.ie to sell books

How "shocking" was your HPAT? I'm waiting anxiously to see if anything comes out it for me. Applied to RCSI but UCC is my first choice. If indeed I were to get a "choice".

I presume things are gonna get running a bit later then? Like interviews at the start of June-ish? I'm starting to get anxious now

• Advertisement

Another weekend of no news.

Maybe the HPAT results were delayed? They should be out next week based on last year; but maybe not.

Anyone hear anything today?

Anyone hear anything today?

no,u?

Nope...

Me neither. No email or letter. I'll be from work in an hour or so. I might bite the bullet and ring and ask. If she asks who I am, I'm just gonna say my name is speedybird ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dmgvdg

Guys we should hear this week. I was on to Celeste from admissions and she said to expect the next step invites to go out 'the week of April 13th'. You should get a letter via email if your HPAT was above this year's mature entry threshold.

dmgvdg wrote: »
    Guys we should hear this week. I was on to Celeste from admissions and she said to expect the next step invites to go out 'the week of April 13th'. You should get a letter via email if your HPAT was above this year's mature entry threshold.

Fair play for getting on to her. At the mature evening, she stated that everyone who sat the HPAT would be invited to send on documents, as they didn't regard it as a fair assessment. She may have just been saying that for comfort reasons though. Not too sure though.

Thanks for the info. It's going to be a tense week for everyone - Ádh mór oraibh!

Just received a mail from RCSI asking for documents; I hope everyone else did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

ronivek wrote: »
    Just received a mail from RCSI asking for documents; I hope everyone else did too.

Yep, just got one too

• Advertisement

I got one myself.

yup.

Me too. However I do not have a passport...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I see it says that you need at least one academic reference. How are people who haven't been in education for a few years sorting that one out? Are we to go back to our secondary school?

Healium wrote: »
    I see it says that you need at least one academic reference. How are people who haven't been in education for a few years sorting that one out? Are we to go back to our secondary school?

that's a gd one, the same here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Unless you are gone a very long time, there more than likely will be someone who remembers you in your old school.
    We used to regularly get people coming in looking for references.

Does anyone know where we can get a transcript of our leaving cert results? I wasn't aware I need these, I figured my uni transcripts would be fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does anyone know where we can get a transcript of our leaving cert results? I wasn't aware I need these, I figured my uni transcripts would be fine.

Again, depending on how long you've left, try your old school.
    If they don't have them anymore, the SEC have a page you can order them from, but the cheapest and quickest way would be your old school.
    That page says 2006-2011, which was a period no certs were issued, but you can order older ones too.

According to the HPATIreland twitter the mature HPAT results are out; can anyone access them?

See https://twitter.com/HPATIreland/status/588220211582623745

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dmgvdg

Hmm, I was born in 89 and there are no results on my ACER account page. Just says "Manage | View Admission Ticket" instead of "Manage | View Results". Last year the matures didn't get them until everyone else if I remember correctly.

Advertisement