Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI CHARTS AUTUMN/WINTER 2014/15 **Mod Note Post #1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

omicron wrote: »
    Just a quick FYI for anyone that wants to embed an image:
    1. Right click the image on meteociel and save as.
    2.Go to advanced reply on boards and click upload attachment.
    3. Find your image, press upload and click on the link that appears.
    4. Copy the link URL, go back to your advanced reply and press the image button. Paste the link and submit reply. Image should be embedded in your post.

Can't find upload attachment on advanced reply (step 2)
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Can't find upload attachment on advanced reply (step 2)
    :(

331649.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

No joy this is all I'm getting :(
    Sorry I no this is going off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Isn't it easier just to use the insert image button instead of using attachments?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

This is how I do it on Firefox:

1. Right click image and click "view image"
    2. Copy the URL
    3. Click "insert image" on Boards.ie
    4. Paste the URL and post

gfs-0-6.png?6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Even easier, click on the floppy disk to the top right of the chart on meteociel, copy the 'Lien direct pour forums' link and paste it here, job done..

Anyway, not a lot worth posting at the moment, looks like more of the same up until Christmas varying between mP and mT airflows so probably a few brief windows for snow in the north and west though nothing widespread. I'm flying home on the 19th so keeping an eye on this potential NW'erly blast

ECM1-144.GIF?13-12

Harps wrote: »
    Even easier, click on the floppy disk to the top right of the chart on meteociel, copy the 'Lien direct pour forums' link and paste it here, job done..
    ECM1-144.GIF?13-12

Never knew of that way , that is clearly the best way !! Cheers Harps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

Isn't it easier just to use the insert image button instead of using attachments?
    :confused:

That only links a live image which usually makes no sense a few hours later. Never knew of harps way before though, saves a lot of effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

No joy this is all I'm getting :(
    Sorry I no this is going off topic

I had the same problem last year. It's your boards settings you need to change - you aren't seeing the same options as we are. Unfortunately can't quite remember the fix but it's literally that you have some box ticked in settings that you need to untick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Judging by the past 15 posts, the charts must be terrible.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the Christmas period it looks to be more of same , some brief cold with a chance for snow for similiar regions again and then milder ( Xmas Day :( )

Nice cool Christmas eve , potential snow for the north .
    gfs-0-234_quf7.png

gfs-1-234_qbi3.png

Ecm showing similar .
    ECU0-240_zxd2.GIF

Milder air takes over for Christmas day :( ...
    gfs-0-264_fxv3.png

Looking into way to FI now for the end of the year..
    A nice polar ridge building in from Alaska .. could be a starting sign for a good negative NAO phase for early January :)
    gfsnh-0-384_gcv1.png

ECMWF shows a stronger and probably more prolonged NW'erly on Christmas Eve so still an outside chance of a white Christmas for parts of the north and west.

Definite signs of the Atlantic quietening down after Christmas as well on the last few GFS runs with the jet stream moving south towards Spain. Nothing too exciting showing yet but signs are there for a pattern change and with the UKMO saying all week that theres a chance of a significant and prolonged cold spell from early January we might be on to something :)

1 ensemble seems to back that up Harps ,

Sure we all love a bitta extreme cherry picking :P
    gens-9-1-276_htx8.png

gens-9-0-276_eni5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Tentative signs I would say. I agree there is a chance of a temporary incursion around Christmas. Still a lot to play for at that range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

What the ECMWF EPS Ensemble run is showing height-wise (colours represent anomaly) for between day 10 & day 15

7F4EKM.gif

Image from WeatherBell

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    What the ECMWF EPS Ensemble run is showing height-wise (colours represent anomaly) for between day 10 & day 15

7F4EKM.gif

Image from WeatherBell

Accuweathr ha temps droppping the next 14 days. Definite change today,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭numilus cimbus

gally74 wrote: »
    Accuweathr ha temps droppping the next 14 days. Definite change today,

It's rubbish though as are fantastic island charts beyond 10 days
    There's plenty of posts here in the archives showing the folly of getting excited about charts even 7 days away, never mind 2 weeks.
    The UK met office have mentioned cold outbreaks in their monthly outlooks before too and ended up egg faced

There's cold in the eastern states and Scandinavia on the far gfs FI now and the two of those do not generally come together.
    So don't get thy hopes up anyone unless it's at T minus 144 or summat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

It's rubbish though as are fantastic island charts beyond 10 days
    There's plenty of posts here in the archives showing the folly of getting excited about charts even 7 days away, never mind 2 weeks.
    The UK met office have mentioned cold outbreaks in their monthly outlooks before too and ended up egg faced

There's cold in the eastern states and Scandinavia on the far gfs FI now and the two of those do not generally come together.
    So don't get thy hopes up anyone unless it's at T minus 144 or summat

I always get my hopes up,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

gally74 wrote: »
    I always get my hopes up,

Exactly, Isn't that the point of all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

best of GFS and ECM
    Maybe a weaken jet across the Atlantic. Long way off, but sure we love it anyways. Probably bring -5 uppers to the country. By no means does it mean snow tho :(

14122618_1518.gif

14122512_1512.gif

• Advertisement

Finally something interesting to save us from what looks like being a very boring second half of December. :rolleyes::P

gfs-0-324_xub9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Apologies not directly related to this thread but aren't the highest tides in something like 150 years due in the last week of December. Any storm activity in that period would be very serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Apologies not directly related to this thread but aren't the highest tides in something like 150 years due in the last week of December. Any storm activity in that period would be very serious.

Well I'm going into my cave....

The high tide in the last week of December 2014 will be the highest since October 2014. I don't know who told you about highest in 150 years but maybe they were pulling your leg :pac:

All a bit messy looking over Christmas week with a lot of different solutions in the models, the general pattern looks set to stay west/NW but big variations between mild south westerlies and cold northerlies from day to day. Whatever happens with that weak ridge towards Greenland could dictate whether we see something interesting or just a continuation of the boring uneventful weather of late

GFS P throws up what I think is (finally) the first proper eye candy chart all winter, a good chance of a white Christmas in the NW followed by a growing Greenland high

gfs-0-384_ndv6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭highdef

Just saw GFS parallel charts and they are very juicy indeed however the fact that they are almost the complete opposite to the previous run means that there is very likely to massive changes from to run to run.
    however if we begin to see a trend, then that could change my thinking :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Well I'm going into my cave....

Probably not a good idea if there is a high tide coming....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Harps wrote: »
    Whatever happens with that weak ridge towards Greenland could dictate whether we see something interesting or just a continuation of the boring uneventful weather of late
    Yes there's been a steadily increasing number of ensembles going for some sort of slightly more sustained Northerly/North-Easterly over the last few GFS runs with the cold air arriving from about the 26th/27th onwards. Still in the minority for now but certainly something to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

so maybe the Indo and that exactaweather guy were right ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Snow in Cork on Christmas Eve??! It would definitely be a Christmas miracle... :D

gfs-2-204_smn7.png

Advertisement