Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Cant Beat A Good Fry

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

grilled sausages, fried rashers, black and white pudding,( love the white that is spreadable like FXBs ) an egg fried over easy and brown soda bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lads, slow grill the rashers to get the fat good and crispy and the meat proper chewy.

Surrounded by damn amateurs here! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Billy86 wrote: »
    Lads, slow grill the rashers to get the fat good and crispy and the meat proper chewy.

Surrounded by damn amateurs here! :mad:

Grilled rashers? are you some sort of pagan?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wheres the best place in Dublin CC to get one of those mixed glills that are like fiys but with steak and sometimes chops mixed in aswell does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

salmocab wrote: »
    Grilled rashers? are you some sort of pagan?

Nah, just prefer chewy meat with crispy fat go soggy, greasy meat with stringy fat attached. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dream fry.

2 Cumberland Sausage, 2 Smoked Back Rashers, 1 Fried Egg, 1 Hash Brown, 1 White Pudding, and Beans. On the side Hot Buttered Toast, Potato Bread, Builders Mug of Tea, and a glass of Freshly Squezed Orange Juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I grill my fry.. I hate the massacre that is my good frying pan after frying that crap in it. And I prefer to grill sausages and rashers because they get nice and crispy.

I have sausages and rashers a few times a week. I eat healthily and exercise regularly so I'm hoping this offsets the fat binge of my bi/tri-weekly sausage fest.. ooh-er!

I lived in the UK for 4 years and I missed the Irish fry to the point where I sort of became obsessed with it.. every visit home I would stock up on sausages and pudding to bring back and then ration it until he next visit home.

My gf tries to worry me by saying that the sausages/rashers are killing me slowly but she has produced no proof of this, the silly girl!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Chocolate Lions

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Dream fry.

2 Cumberland Sausage, 2 Smoked Back Rashers, 1 Fried Egg, 1 Hash Brown, 1 White Pudding, and Beans. On the side Hot Buttered Toast, Potato Bread, Builders Mug of Tea, and a glass of Freshly Squezed Orange Juice.

Maybe one day if you work hard enough you'll be able to eat one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Quite fancy a fry up myself-haven't had one in ages!
    I'm not a fan of fried eggs as I find them too greasy so I usually swap them for poached.
    Throw in a few of Lild's spicy Bavarian sausages, fried tomatoes, some streaky bacon, bit of white pudding and maybe a few mushrooms and I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Maybe one day if you work hard enough you'll be able to eat one.

I enjoy a very similar one in a local restaurant close to home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Beans have no place in a fry. If you really must have them, add some brown sauce whilst heating them and serve them on the side, not on the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Sausage, bacon, egg, white pudding, chips, bread, tea/coffee - enough said

Advertisement